Verification Needed Things need fixings

Post your Demise bug reports here!
The Silvertiger

Re: Things need fixings

Post by The Silvertiger »

Cool!
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
zulu2401

Post by zulu2401 »

Bama wrote:So I have this character that is logged out in Luna upstairs.
This character has not logged into the game for 3 weeks
This character is friended to a pet belonging to my tamer
If I am not riding that pet and I go upstairs in Luna that pet runs to where that character has logged out
If I am not riding that pet and I am not upstairs but in Luna that pet takes off trying to path find it's way to where that character has logged out
LOL put it down. Your pet has rabies
Necrodog

Post by Necrodog »

The Silvertiger wrote:Yea, there's a difference though, she doesn't have to put up with idiots. Check Ortiz's profile pic for confirmation...
Why are you even posting on here?
The Silvertiger

Necrodog wrote: Why are you even posting on here?
Why are you even posting on here?
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Necrodog

Post by Necrodog »

The Silvertiger wrote:Why are you even posting on here?
I thought it was obvious. I want these fixes to be implemented. I ask again, why are you even posting on here?
Eos
Demise Administrator

Post by Eos »

Bama wrote:What about the other problems outlined in this thread that were reported years ago
The other problems are being looked into. (We're not dismissing the entire thread.) :)
Bama wrote:some of the bugs/exploits/problems posted in this thread were at one time posted in the correct section.
With the correct format
With documentation
With proof
Sadly, we have to make do without the old bugs section too. :( Any details/proof you can repost would be most welcome. For example, the overloading stables bug is prevented on OSI by keeping autostabled pets in your followers count. (I only know this because I tested it after I saw your post.) Other details could include how exactly savage kin paint is wrong, or how far (in tiles) spells can be cast vs. animal lore.
Bama wrote:So if we can get 6 count them 6 new fermented wine hues ...
The time that went into adding 6 new fermented wine hues is negligible compared to the time it takes for the average bug fix. If we instead spent that time on a bug reported in this thread, it would've just about been enough to log on OSI and maybe select a character too.
The Silvertiger wrote:I move that this thread be moved to its proper place
I agree! :beathorse:
Eos
UOGDemise - Administrator

Please do not PM me for general support.
If you are experiencing game issues please send a help request in-game.

Thank you for your continued support of UOG: Demise.
Necrodog

Post by Necrodog »

Eos wrote:...
So you are indeed looking into them? Thx, all I needed to know ;)
The Silvertiger

Necrodog wrote:
The Silvertiger wrote:Why are you even posting on here?
I thought it was obvious. I want these fixes to be implemented. I ask again, why are you even posting on here?
Obviously not or would do some leg work.
Selling List & Vendor

Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

Eos wrote: savage kin paint
This should work like the mask of orcish kin
As long as you are wearing it orcs are not hostile towards you
Though when wearing the mask your pet and or summons will be attacked by the orcs
This will cause the mask to explode and disappear and you take damage and orcs attack you
The same happens if you attack an orc while wearing the mask

On Demise the paint kind of works like it should
Apply the paint and Savages will not be hostile to you
If you go to that pit area where the ridge backs spawn with the paint applied Savages leave you alone
In that area there is a Savage that spawns there
Wild ridge backs do not attack Savages and Savages do not attack wild ridge back

So while I have the paint on I can tame ridge backs without any repercussions from the Savages
I do not have to even release the ridge back because the Savage will attack my tamed ridge back.
I do not lose the paint but I should
Nor do I get attacked by the Savage even though through my pet I have engaged the Savage in combat but I should

Something that needs to be tested on Demise because I don't know if it works here:
With the paint applied Baracoon can't morph you into a rat
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
The Silvertiger

Bama wrote:
Eos wrote: savage kin paint
This should work like the mask of orcish kin
As long as you are wearing it orcs are not hostile towards you
Though when wearing the mask your pet and or summons will be attacked by the orcs
This will cause the mask to explode and disappear and you take damage and orcs attack you
The same happens if you attack an orc while wearing the mask

On Demise the paint kind of works like it should
Apply the paint and Savages will not be hostile to you
If you go to that pit area where the ridge backs spawn with the paint applied Savages leave you alone
In that area there is a Savage that spawns there
Wild ridge backs do not attack Savages and Savages do not attack wild ridge back

So while I have the paint on I can tame ridge backs without any repercussions from the Savages
I do not have to even release the ridge back because the Savage will attack my tamed ridge back.
I do not lose the paint but I should
Nor do I get attacked by the Savage even though through my pet I have engaged the Savage in combat but I should

Something that needs to be tested on Demise because I don't know if it works here:
With the paint applied Baracoon can't morph you into a rat
And you want this changed?
Selling List & Vendor

Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

Eos wrote: animal lore.
The max distance you can use animal lore on Demise:
Syn_5-18_08.34.jpg
Syn_5-18_08.34.jpg (188.43 KiB) Viewed 3326 times

The max distance you can use animal lore on OSI:
Synlore_5-18_08.27.jpg
Synlore_5-18_08.27.jpg (258.87 KiB) Viewed 3326 times
Synlore_5-18_08.27-1.jpg
Synlore_5-18_08.27-1.jpg (249.35 KiB) Viewed 3326 times
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

The Silvertiger wrote: And you want this changed?
This is why threads like this one belong in the general discussion area and not in the bug section

I figure either make it work the way the mask of orcish kin works or make the mask work the same way as the paint works
I wouldn't mind farming shadow iron ore and iron ingots from orc brutes while my pet and summons kill the brutes and I am not attacked by the orcs
Win,win right?
With the bonus of being able to cast spells on the orcs making them spawn other orcs making it difficult for others who come to where I am
without a mask to protect them.

Here is a little history of Demise for you

AFK taming became against the rules because of this Savage kin paint/Savages/ridge backs
Many years ago (2008) many people would be at that pit AFK taming ridge backs
And many people would page that someone lured a non Savage to the area killing all the AFK tamers
Poor Ferris (remember him?) he hated having to handle all of those pages
Dusty (remember him?) made a bug report on how the paint worked on OSI
And before I forget
He used the proper format
Provided documentation
Provided proof
MANY.FREAKING.YEARS.AGO.

Instead of fixing it (it may have been forgotten) Lady Crimson (remember her?) posted that the Admin had gotten together and decided to make AFK taming against the rules
I guess it was easier to do that then to fix it
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

Bama wrote:
Fix bod collecting for humans

Why does jack of all trades (20.0 skill) in all skills only apply when they get 0.1 real skill in tailor and smith skills and not before
Only real skill applies to collecting bods
I can no longer show you proof of this because OSI overhauled the BOD system a while ago

Obtaining Bulk Order Deeds
NPCs will now allow cache up to 3 bulk order deeds for players
All BODs are limited to one every six hours; this is no longer dependent on crafting skill level
The system will “cache” up to 18 hours worth of BOD give outs
Players may claim all 3 deeds in quick succession
Turning in a BOD adds a new deed to the cache (up to 3)
* Example: Log in after 18 hours and receive 3 deeds
* Example: Receive 3 deeds, then turn in 3 filled deeds, and immediately receive 3 new deeds

But years ago I used a human character with 0.1 skill in both tailor and smith on OSI to test this
The only deeds I received were the same deeds an elf character would receive with the same skill level
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
The Silvertiger

Bama wrote:
The Silvertiger wrote: And you want this changed?
This is why threads like this one belong in the general discussion area and not in the bug section

I figure either make it work the way the mask of orcish kin works or make the mask work the same way as the paint works
I wouldn't mind farming shadow iron ore and iron ingots from orc brutes while my pet and summons kill the brutes and I am not attacked by the orcs
Win,win right?
With the bonus of being able to cast spells on the orcs making them spawn other orcs making it difficult for others who come to where I am
without a mask to protect them.

Here is a little history of Demise for you

AFK taming became against the rules because of this Savage kin paint/Savages/ridge backs
Many years ago (2008) many people would be at that pit AFK taming ridge backs
And many people would page that someone lured a non Savage to the area killing all the AFK tamers
Poor Ferris (remember him?) he hated having to handle all of those pages
Dusty (remember him?) made a bug report on how the paint worked on OSI
And before I forget
He used the proper format
Provided documentation
Provided proof
MANY.FREAKING.YEARS.AGO.

Instead of fixing it (it may have been forgotten) Lady Crimson (remember her?) posted that the Admin had gotten together and decided to make AFK taming against the rules
I guess it was easier to do that then to fix it
Or maybe they liked it that way? Also, it may have been more tiresome over time to check for ago gamers rather than fixing it...
Selling List & Vendor

The Silvertiger

Bama wrote:
Bama wrote:
Fix bod collecting for humans

Why does jack of all trades (20.0 skill) in all skills only apply when they get 0.1 real skill in tailor and smith skills and not before
Only real skill applies to collecting bods
I can no longer show you proof of this because OSI overhauled the BOD system a while ago

Obtaining Bulk Order Deeds
NPCs will now allow cache up to 3 bulk order deeds for players
All BODs are limited to one every six hours; this is no longer dependent on crafting skill level
The system will “cache” up to 18 hours worth of BOD give outs
Players may claim all 3 deeds in quick succession
Turning in a BOD adds a new deed to the cache (up to 3)
* Example: Log in after 18 hours and receive 3 deeds
* Example: Receive 3 deeds, then turn in 3 filled deeds, and immediately receive 3 new deeds

But years ago I used a human character with 0.1 skill in both tailor and smith on OSI to test this
The only deeds I received were the same deeds an elf character would receive with the same skill level
Sounds like good bye resets...
Selling List & Vendor