Verification Needed Things need fixings

Post your Demise bug reports here!
Bama
Bug Hunter

Re: Things need fixings

Post by Bama »

The Silvertiger wrote: Or maybe they liked it that way? Also, it may have been more tiresome over time to check for ago gamers rather than fixing it...
OK
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
Necrodog

Post by Necrodog »

The Silvertiger wrote:Obviously not or would do some leg work.
I do not have the time to learn how to script or code. Why are you still posting? Arguing for the sake of arguing?
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

Necrodog wrote:
The Silvertiger wrote:Obviously not or would do some leg work.
I do not have the time to learn how to script or code. Why are you still posting? Arguing for the sake of arguing?
Yet you have time to bug staff members? Why are you still posting? I'm actually interested in assisting in some of this stuff, so bug off...
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
The Silvertiger

Bama wrote:
The Silvertiger wrote: Or maybe they liked it that way? Also, it may have been more tiresome over time to check for ago gamers rather than fixing it...
OK
You wouldn't happen to be interested in going through and formatting all these bugs would you?
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

The Silvertiger wrote:
Bama wrote: You wouldn't happen to be interested in going through and formatting all these bugs would you?
What?
Again?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Y848RTTBcM
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
Eos
Demise Administrator

Post by Eos »

Bama wrote:On Demise the paint kind of works like it should
Apply the paint and Savages will not be hostile to you
If you go to that pit area where the ridge backs spawn with the paint applied Savages leave you alone
In that area there is a Savage that spawns there
Wild ridge backs do not attack Savages and Savages do not attack wild ridge back

So while I have the paint on I can tame ridge backs without any repercussions from the Savages
I do not have to even release the ridge back because the Savage will attack my tamed ridge back.
I do not lose the paint but I should
Nor do I get attacked by the Savage even though through my pet I have engaged the Savage in combat but I should
I believe we fixed this in August 2014. Have you tested it recently?

From the (lost) patch notes:
  • Orc and savage protection isn't broken until you deal damage.
  • Pets dealing damage will now break protection for the owner.
Eos
UOGDemise - Administrator

Please do not PM me for general support.
If you are experiencing game issues please send a help request in-game.

Thank you for your continued support of UOG: Demise.
april0395

Post by april0395 »

Eos wrote:
Bama wrote:On Demise the paint kind of works like it should
Apply the paint and Savages will not be hostile to you
If you go to that pit area where the ridge backs spawn with the paint applied Savages leave you alone
In that area there is a Savage that spawns there
Wild ridge backs do not attack Savages and Savages do not attack wild ridge back

So while I have the paint on I can tame ridge backs without any repercussions from the Savages
I do not have to even release the ridge back because the Savage will attack my tamed ridge back.
I do not lose the paint but I should
Nor do I get attacked by the Savage even though through my pet I have engaged the Savage in combat but I should
I believe we fixed this in August 2014. Have you tested it recently?

From the (lost) patch notes:
  • Orc and savage protection isn't broken until you deal damage.
  • Pets dealing damage will now break protection for the owner.
So, I think what Bama is talking about is the fact that if you are wearing the paint and you have your pet on follow, the savage will still attack your pet. Which it does on Demise and OSI, but on Demise you retain your paint and savages will continue to leave you alone. The only time your paint burns off from your pet is if you have it on guard or tell it to kill.
Made In Quebec wrote:Some people's pleasure are sticking vegetables up their asses. While it's not my personal cup of tea, they can do as they please, since it's their asshole's and not mine, and I will not judge them.
Bama likes this.
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

april0395 wrote:
So, I think what Bama is talking about is the fact that if you are wearing the paint and you have your pet on follow, the savage will still attack your pet. Which it does on Demise and OSI, but on Demise you retain your paint and savages will continue to leave you alone. The only time your paint burns off from your pet is if you have it on guard or tell it to kill.

Thank -You
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
Eos
Demise Administrator

Post by Eos »

april0395 wrote:So, I think what Bama is talking about is the fact that if you are wearing the paint and you have your pet on follow, the savage will still attack your pet. Which it does on Demise and OSI, but on Demise you retain your paint and savages will continue to leave you alone. The only time your paint burns off from your pet is if you have it on guard or tell it to kill.
I believe this is how it is on OSI. As long as your pet doesn't fight back, the paint should stay on.
Eos

Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

The way it was explained to me was
You have to tell the ridge back to stop or stay so it becomes passive and won't fight back
On Demise they run towards the Savage so I'm thinking that is not a passive state
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
Eos
Demise Administrator

Post by Eos »

(This is on OSI.)

If the ridgeback on Demise is running towards the savage, it probably hasn't been told to stay/follow, but it will have to do actual damage before the kin paint blows up.

Edit: Here's that scenario on OSI:

The ridgeback hasn't been given any commands, and defends itself when the savage attacks. Though, because its wrestling skill sucks, it never hits. The kin paint stays intact.
Eos

Necrodog

Post by Necrodog »

The Silvertiger wrote:Yet you have time to bug staff members? Why are you still posting? I'm actually interested in assisting in some of this stuff, so bug off...
Posting takes about 5 seconds learning to code and script takes longer.
The Silvertiger

Necrodog wrote:
The Silvertiger wrote:Yet you have time to bug staff members? Why are you still posting? I'm actually interested in assisting in some of this stuff, so bug off...
Posting takes about 5 seconds learning to code and script takes longer.
You'd be surprised how much coding you could learn with those accumulated 5 seconds...
Selling List & Vendor

The Silvertiger

Explosions potions were changed on demise in the last few years to not follow the target after the target moved, but according to these publish notes this was changed after our cutoff.

"Purple Potions will no longer teleport to the target location if the target has moved since the potion was thrown."

Demise: Purple potions don't follow target
OSI[era specific]: Purple potions follow target
Documentation: http://www.uoguide.com/Publish_65
Selling List & Vendor

Necrodog likes this.
Necrodog

Post by Necrodog »

The Silvertiger wrote:Explosions potions were changed on demise in the last few years to not follow the target after the target moved, but according to these publish notes this was changed after our cutoff.

"Purple Potions will no longer teleport to the target location if the target has moved since the potion was thrown."

Demise: Purple potions don't follow target
OSI[era specific]: Purple potions follow target
Documentation: http://www.uoguide.com/Publish_65
This!