TC Update June 18, 2017 - OSI Casting

All discussion regarding the Demise Test Center shard.
Reefer

Re: TC Update June 18, 2017 - OSI Casting

Post by Reefer »

Bama wrote:So has anybody tested the new casting on the TC?
Of course, and it's actually not bad. The delay from casting another spell after being interrupted seems to be there.
Bama likes this.
Tempest

Post by Tempest »

I've already spent hours testing it, it's very accurate.

Have you tested it?
I T-Bagged Vander's corpse and he came back from the dead and attempted to bite my nutsack.
Maloskies likes this.
Maloskies

Post by Maloskies »

Tempest wrote:
The Silvertiger wrote:I do not understand why we keep spewing these trash numbers: 8, 10, etc. There's at least 40 people pvping on this server on a regular basis.

You're right, 40 of the SAME people, no one new.

Even when someone makes a new character they really aren't "new" it's just an alt character.

It's really been awhile since we've had some new faces show up in the pvp scene.
We have recruited and suited about 8-10 new demise players, they're goin to die to these vets for a bit, but they gonna smack em around here pretty soon.
Loler

Post by Loler »

Most top servers you cant even speed hack. Can you even speed hack on demise? Ive never actually seen a single person skipping like they do on the other server.
PM me or contact me on discord mortoburger#5040
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
Buying Tailor/Smith resets in bulk.
royal kapero2 likes this.
Necrodog

Post by Necrodog »

Yes, it's not very good. They should have just slowed down recovery instead of purposefully introducing this "dropped spell" thing, which Eos claims is accurate.
Maloskies

Post by Maloskies »

Necrodog wrote:
Yes, it's not very good. They should have just slowed down recovery instead of purposefully introducing this "dropped spell" thing, which Eos claims is accurate.
I personally like it a lot, dueling is so much more fun. I think the main problem is introducing it by itself, while archers are already prevalent, some things would need to be rebalanced, and trammel wouldn't be affected, but that's probably why it won't be put it on the main server, just cause it'd be a lot of work to balance it.
Reefer

Post by Reefer »

EOS did a hell of a job, very good coder.
At this point I would even be happy if they just enabled this casting just for tournaments. That way maybe people wouldn't be mad and I could bust out my pure mage again!
desalonne

Post by desalonne »

i have atleast 14+ people that have told me if demise had accurate casting they would show up. thats just me. thats not counting all of these other people who have friends that would come back. That being said people are invested in the server, they will adapt to the change, and if they do quit then just that many more people will come to play here.

And to address an earlier request. I made a character on the test center (props to who ever did the casting its literally the best free server casting) and i fought an archer. 2/0.......mage beats archer. People who argue that archers are broken and they cant kill them on this casting with a mage is either not a good mage, or simply you dont understand how to play smart enough to beat an archer.

If anyone still has concerns, please feel free to come to TC with any dexxer, ill gladly fight them.
desalonne

Post by desalonne »

and necrodog, your distaste for the casting is most likely because you never played UO on OSI. As in youve never actually played real uo. You cant form an opinion on casting simply because your scripts arnt gonna work anymore.

I wont lie, speedhacking on other servers is bad, and no i havent played demise enough to tell you if ive seen any here. But damn from playing this TC i cant even tell you how fucking crazy populated this server would become simply with the casting fix, really if you have a guild sync dropping targets > archers all day as they are but adjusting them to suit the casting isnt a bad thing.
Chronicman

Post by Chronicman »

ENABLE THIS CASTING NOW TO THE DEMISE SEVER :beathorse:
Tempest

Post by Tempest »

Necrodog wrote:

Sounds like someone has his dick in a wad.

Just because you have never played with "True" casting, doesn't mean you have to hate on it. You holding down a button is the reason why you suck at this game, and you should be happy if this goes through instead of complaining.

P.S. - Your arsenal of game-breaking scripts that MB has issued will be unusable with this casting, perhaps this is the reason for your valiant efforts of bashing this topic.
I T-Bagged Vander's corpse and he came back from the dead and attempted to bite my nutsack.
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

I think they put in a system a few years back to autodetect speedhacking due to large numbers of Chinese trying to play with a terrible ping.
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
atomic chicken

Post by atomic chicken »

Tempest wrote:
Necrodog wrote:

Sounds like someone has his dick in a wad.

Just because you have never played with "True" casting, doesn't mean you have to hate on it. You holding down a button is the reason why you suck at this game, and you should be happy if this goes through instead of complaining.

P.S. - Your arsenal of game-breaking scripts that MB has issued will be unusable with this casting, perhaps this is the reason for your valiant efforts of bashing this topic.
Necrodog says "just increase the recovery" but homie that's what it is, it does it however long your spell was, that's how it is supposed to be, it incentivizes being smart with spells, allows recovering in a fight, while simply "adding recovery time" isnt enough, bc it still incentivizes spamming, which is what i think we should avoid, ask any of the people i've dueled, spamming is not the route to go, which is 90% of demise mage duels right now, which is boring and gross. While this casting rewards prediction, timing and holding spells (the third one i know some of you dont know what that is, it's when you cast a spell and dont use it until they cast something you want to disrupt). This casting is one of the closest interpretations of what osi casting is like. Many veteran players would flock to this server to play it if there was osi casting.
Also, status quo archers are hard hitters sure, I think malo is right that we need this casting and then address archers. I personally dont have that rough of a time vs archers. Beating an archer 1v1 is much harder than being 3 archers vs 3 mages, bc they rely on rng while the mages don't, and the factor of xheals (which no that's not just holding down a button that mini heals, it requires using gheals), disarms, bleed, para, sync dumping, etc. Any route you wanna go. I personally dropped an archer on this server with a book mage, and he ran into guardzone and I proceeded to kill him before he could call guards with a dump. I digress, it's not impossible to kill archers, the casting is beautiful, "the buggy disrupts" (as you put it) is meaningful and should stay with the casting bc utilizing that effectively is what separates good mages vs great mages. In conjunction, adding a fix to steam would greatly reduce archer effectiveness bc they wouldnt be able to use their steam macro scripts, which I think is the perfect solution to the problem. I think we start with casting first.

Honestly, dueling these last 2 days has been the funnest i've had in pvp in the last like 3 years.
atomic chicken

Post by atomic chicken »

The Silvertiger wrote:I think they put in a system a few years back to autodetect speedhacking due to large numbers of Chinese trying to play with a terrible ping.
I think you're right, I think some of the chinese/brazilians might be speedhacking but i dont think it's enough to make them faster, rather it allows them to stay around similar speeds, which personally if thats what they need to compete let them, as long as they dont have a huge advantage.
Necrodog

Post by Necrodog »

Tempest wrote:Sounds like someone has his dick in a wad.

All of the game-breaking scripts that MB made and you have access to will simply have to be adjusted.