TC Update June 18, 2017 - OSI Casting

All discussion regarding the Demise Test Center shard.
Bad Religion

Re: TC Update June 18, 2017 - OSI Casting

Post by Bad Religion »

desalonne wrote:I've been on pest since the month it opened legacy. You can actively only sit and farm balrons/liches/sw/aw for so many months before you become bored and need something else to do I've scrolled out 2 entire guilds in 120s. I have suited more than 30 players.

I am aware of what pest has to offer. It's strictly lacking in content. And that's not an admin fault so much that aos is simply limited. ML brought a lot of pvm content to it. And it opened up pvp diversity from just scribe and necro mages to a whole slew of different things. I enjoy pest. I think the admins have done a good job making it pvp based and balanced. It simply is just to much rinse repeat for me at this moment. I like what ml offers in diversity and content.

The lack of content wasnt a problem then because everyone was still learning the new items, mechanics, and skills. Most of you were probably quite familiar with aos so you can do everything as efficient as possible.

Kinda off topic, but I think a server like this one or pest should maybe not have had accellerated skill gain from their starts. When aos first came out, powerscrolls were barely in the game, and people were running around with bad items and very low skills at times. Pvping with 90 magery and weapon skills etc, using whatever shitty weapons they could find to fight with. I feel like reaching end game character-wise very early and easily can make it boring and takes away from a huge essence of their respective eras.
Alvin and The Silvertiger like this.
atomic chicken

Post by atomic chicken »

fair enough lol, although alot of people like accelerated gains, i could care less, i never make tamers so I dont ever feel the pain lol
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

I play on a different pre-aos shard that has really active staff and decent casting. As far as content, part of people's problems is limiting a server to the confines of osi. They have custom items, but they aren't broken. They have custom monsters that take teamwork. Maybe I'm the only one who gets bored even with ML content... Without new content any and every game/server is going to lose players. Sometimes the new content is a cause for loss of players. At this point, many games/servers continue with the new content. It's not a bad thing to revert back to a better system...
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Bad Religion likes this.
The Silvertiger

Tempest wrote:Devastate whole guilds on your own? Are you smoking crack? From the way you sound, looks to me like you're just leaking bullshit out of your ass. You should really stop talking like you're hard when you're playing on UODemise.
Yes, he did. The only Brazilian who could PvP.
Legacy wrote:
Tempest wrote:*snip*
Are you even the real Tempest? I'd do 2x??? with Dope Game all the time and win. You should recall that. I'd also raid a whole lot of guilds and you'd hop in to help me finish the job, and vice-versa.

Regardless, I said I am not getting involved into trash talk, so open a thread in the pvp forums if you wanna continue.
I have questioned this many times. I believe he lied to me or you were playing with an extremely young partner. I miss the zenikens. I think evil dawn refreshes fairly often. ;)
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Tempest

Post by Tempest »

The Silvertiger wrote:
Tempest wrote:Devastate whole guilds on your own? Are you smoking crack? From the way you sound, looks to me like you're just leaking bullshit out of your ass. You should really stop talking like you're hard when you're playing on UODemise.
Yes, he did. The only Brazilian who could PvP.
Legacy wrote:
Tempest wrote:*snip*
Are you even the real Tempest? I'd do 2x??? with Dope Game all the time and win. You should recall that. I'd also raid a whole lot of guilds and you'd hop in to help me finish the job, and vice-versa.

Regardless, I said I am not getting involved into trash talk, so open a thread in the pvp forums if you wanna continue.
I have questioned this many times. I believe he lied to me or you were playing with an extremely young partner. I miss the zenikens. I think evil dawn refreshes fairly often. ;)
I don't feel the need to explain to anyone, but i'll leave it at this. I've had the name tempest for 5 years now, whoever had a name before me, I never knew of them.
I T-Bagged Vander's corpse and he came back from the dead and attempted to bite my nutsack.
Bane

Post by Bane »

Bad Religion wrote:
Bane wrote: I am a small piece of proof for this claim. I personally have dismissed the possibility of ever playing demise solely because of the god awful casting that I experienced when I did play here, and that was long before UOS. There are a few things I don't like about demise (like the mob AI, grrrrr), but there are a lot of things that I like about it as well. The deal breaker for me though is the casting. I was about to play here now, amid rumors that it would be updating it's casting, but after reading this thread, I'm having second thoughts. If it doesn't update, I'm not going to play here. And btw, that's not a threat, I'm just being honest. I also can't promise 100% that anyone other than myself would play here if the casting was updated, but I have heard several people (duelers and non-duelers) say the same thing, that they don't want to play here because of the casting; and I'm sure if it was changed there would definitely be plenty of other people like myself that would be interested in this server.

Dueling is dead, on OSI, on most runuo shards, and if people are fighting with scripts here, it's probably worse here than anywhere else tbph. OSI style casting was a huuge draw for another community, I'm sure it would be for here too. The PvM'ers will not all rage quit. Neither will the people holding down one button to win duels. I've even spoken to one person who does that btw, and he even admit it's dumb as fk, but does it because the casting here is a joke and it's the only way to compete. I doubt the change will make such a huge difference when fighting an archer, considering OSI capped weapon speed at 1.25 seconds specifically to be at the same speed as a gheal at 2/6 casting. Does this server even have 210 stam archers with 55 SSI? I doubt it, considering that was a reforging/shame loot thing- not even stygian abyss. Besides, there's other ways to nerf archers if they need a nerf. If you think you need to keep casting as being "script friendly" just to compete with archers, you're focusing on the wrong solution.

Ultimately, updating the casting here to more OSI accurate will certainly make mage dueling (a very, very popular UO past time) relevant here; and whether it be dueling or mage 1v1's, OSI style casting will be a major selling point for the server.

If you are interested in updating your casting, feel free to ask. I'd be more than glad to help. I probably understand OSI style casting better than anyone.
The casting shouldnt be the reason you dont play here.
How are you going to tell me what should or shouldn't be the reason I don't play here? I'm a consumer. If I like the product, I buy it. If I don't, I don't.
Bad Religion wrote: It should be that 95% of the people that actually pvp are on some variant of archer with very OP bows that didnt even exist during this era on osi, despite 1000s of people playing there. Not only that, they have 3 second heals for 50+ hp. If you think changing casting will somehow remedy this, then by all means, come show us how.
When did I ever say that the casting change would fix Archers? There's other ways to fix archers without destroying several other major aspects of uo pvp.
Bad Religion wrote: But if you like fighting 1v5 against all archers, then Demise is the place for you!

Most of the people commenting on here rarely pvp.

One of the biggest turnoffs for me when I first started here is that it is impossible to 5x. So while I would love to see this possible on demise, it would make it even harder to combat all the archers in real pvp. Maybe if there was a nerf to bandage healing, a delay on cure pots, or something I would fully endorse the changes. However, when a 150hp archer can run a script that auto drinks a cure pot right before bandage, then almost simultaneously drinks a heal pot so they heal for 80+ damage instantly, I say no thanks.
I'm sorry, but I fail to see how any of this has anything to do with what I said.
Bad Religion wrote: Not only do I say no thanks to these changes, I wonder why staff is wasting their time with this bullshit instead of actual imbalances in the current meta.
Perhaps because what they stand to gain exceeds the costs...
Bad Religion wrote: I would, however, like to suggest adding a couple very active and non-bias pvpers to staff making them the "pvp managers" or part of the "balance team". When you have staff that doesnt ever pvp or see any fighting, how can they make educated decisions on what needs changing?
Not a bad idea.
Bad Religion wrote: It's almost a joke that staff wasted so much time on this when there are far far greater issues.
When you're talking about potentially adding to the server an area of pvp as big, fun and popular as dueling and mage v mage field fights historically have been in ultima online, there is hardly a change that you could consider "greater," let alone "far far greater." From a business perspective of having a product and trying to improve it; changing the server from having a completely terrible, non-skill based, macro spamming casting system with a non-existent mage v mage/dueling scene, to a system that could possibly have the most popular dueling/mage v mage scene with the most OSI-accurate and skill based system of any free shard, is in my opinion, a no-brainer.
Tempest

Post by Tempest »

Bane wrote:
Bad Religion wrote:
Bane wrote: I am a small piece of proof for this claim. I personally have dismissed the possibility of ever playing demise solely because of the god awful casting that I experienced when I did play here, and that was long before UOS. There are a few things I don't like about demise (like the mob AI, grrrrr), but there are a lot of things that I like about it as well. The deal breaker for me though is the casting. I was about to play here now, amid rumors that it would be updating it's casting, but after reading this thread, I'm having second thoughts. If it doesn't update, I'm not going to play here. And btw, that's not a threat, I'm just being honest. I also can't promise 100% that anyone other than myself would play here if the casting was updated, but I have heard several people (duelers and non-duelers) say the same thing, that they don't want to play here because of the casting; and I'm sure if it was changed there would definitely be plenty of other people like myself that would be interested in this server.

Dueling is dead, on OSI, on most runuo shards, and if people are fighting with scripts here, it's probably worse here than anywhere else tbph. OSI style casting was a huuge draw for another community, I'm sure it would be for here too. The PvM'ers will not all rage quit. Neither will the people holding down one button to win duels. I've even spoken to one person who does that btw, and he even admit it's dumb as fk, but does it because the casting here is a joke and it's the only way to compete. I doubt the change will make such a huge difference when fighting an archer, considering OSI capped weapon speed at 1.25 seconds specifically to be at the same speed as a gheal at 2/6 casting. Does this server even have 210 stam archers with 55 SSI? I doubt it, considering that was a reforging/shame loot thing- not even stygian abyss. Besides, there's other ways to nerf archers if they need a nerf. If you think you need to keep casting as being "script friendly" just to compete with archers, you're focusing on the wrong solution.

Ultimately, updating the casting here to more OSI accurate will certainly make mage dueling (a very, very popular UO past time) relevant here; and whether it be dueling or mage 1v1's, OSI style casting will be a major selling point for the server.

If you are interested in updating your casting, feel free to ask. I'd be more than glad to help. I probably understand OSI style casting better than anyone.
The casting shouldnt be the reason you dont play here.
How are you going to tell me what should or shouldn't be the reason I don't play here? I'm a consumer. If I like the product, I buy it. If I don't, I don't.
Bad Religion wrote: It should be that 95% of the people that actually pvp are on some variant of archer with very OP bows that didnt even exist during this era on osi, despite 1000s of people playing there. Not only that, they have 3 second heals for 50+ hp. If you think changing casting will somehow remedy this, then by all means, come show us how.
When did I ever say that the casting change would fix Archers? There's other ways to fix archers without destroying several other major aspects of uo pvp.
Bad Religion wrote: But if you like fighting 1v5 against all archers, then Demise is the place for you!

Most of the people commenting on here rarely pvp.

One of the biggest turnoffs for me when I first started here is that it is impossible to 5x. So while I would love to see this possible on demise, it would make it even harder to combat all the archers in real pvp. Maybe if there was a nerf to bandage healing, a delay on cure pots, or something I would fully endorse the changes. However, when a 150hp archer can run a script that auto drinks a cure pot right before bandage, then almost simultaneously drinks a heal pot so they heal for 80+ damage instantly, I say no thanks.
I'm sorry, but I fail to see how any of this has anything to do with what I said.
Bad Religion wrote: Not only do I say no thanks to these changes, I wonder why staff is wasting their time with this bullshit instead of actual imbalances in the current meta.
Perhaps because what they stand to gain exceeds the costs...
Bad Religion wrote: I would, however, like to suggest adding a couple very active and non-bias pvpers to staff making them the "pvp managers" or part of the "balance team". When you have staff that doesnt ever pvp or see any fighting, how can they make educated decisions on what needs changing?
Not a bad idea.
Bad Religion wrote: It's almost a joke that staff wasted so much time on this when there are far far greater issues.
When you're talking about potentially adding to the server an area of pvp as big, fun and popular as dueling and mage v mage field fights historically have been in ultima online, there is hardly a change that you could consider "greater," let alone "far far greater." From a business perspective of having a product and trying to improve it; changing the server from having a completely terrible, non-skill based, macro spamming casting system with a non-existent mage v mage/dueling scene, to a system that could possibly have the most popular dueling/mage v mage scene with the most OSI-accurate and skill based system of any free shard, is in my opinion, a no-brainer.
Talking to him is like talking to a brick-wall.

Good post though. +1
I T-Bagged Vander's corpse and he came back from the dead and attempted to bite my nutsack.
The Silvertiger

Why do you think they have gm john? He's obviously a pvper...
Selling List & Vendor

Haswell likes this.
DG

Post by DG »

Mages rely on fast casting.Fast casting rely on fast ping.Thats why so many non-american players play archers.Not they wish to,but they have to.
An experienced mage with good ping will not die to any archer 1v1.During 1v1, an mage will eventually beat the archer on the same level ,cuz archers will run out of supplies and need to restock soon.
Die to concussion spam?You need better gear or better understanding of how to fight an archer.
Alvin likes this.
Tempest

Post by Tempest »

DG wrote:Mages rely on fast casting.Fast casting rely on fast ping.Thats why so many non-american players play archers.Not they wish to,but they have to.
An experienced mage with good ping will not die to any archer 1v1.During 1v1, an mage will eventually beat the archer on the same level ,cuz archers will run out of supplies and need to restock soon.
Die to concussion spam?You need better gear or better understanding of how to fight an archer.
You talk like a npc from Morrowind:Elder Scrolls.
Arden likes this.
DG

Post by DG »

No,i am from Skyrim.
Fus Ro Dah!
Bad Religion

Post by Bad Religion »

Make my character stronger!
Tempest

Post by Tempest »

bump
royal kapero2 likes this.
Bane

Post by Bane »

So... did they change the casting yet? Or na?
The Silvertiger

Bane wrote:So... did they change the casting yet? Or na?
Yes, come get wekt. 1v1 bux in 10 mins?
Selling List & Vendor