Make Poison a viable skill!!!

All discussion regarding the Demise Test Center shard.
Vander Nars

Make Poison a viable skill!!!

Post by Vander Nars »

As most pvpers know there is very lil template diversity on demise due to alot reasons that I dont feel like running the list down. However their is a change that could help bring back some diversity and possible even see melee dexxers in pvp again. In publish 75 greater cure potions chance to cure poison was nerfed so that deadly and lethal poison would be more effective and id like to see the admins consider this for demise.

http://www.uoguide.com/Publish_75

To highlight the changes for the ones to lazy to read thru the pub.
Greater Cure Potion Chance
25% vs Lethal Poison
45% vs Deadly Poison
75% vs Greater Poison
100% vs anything under greater
Last edited by Vander Nars on May 19th, 2020, 5:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Vander Nars

Re: Make Poison a viable skill!!!

Post by Vander Nars »

There was other changes to poison skill that effected Magery and Necromacy as well that may also be worth considering, not sure how the community would feel about that but most people seem to be positive about nerfing the cure potions chance to cure in the other thread this was posted in.
Arden

Post by Arden »

How does EP work on live?

25% vs Lethal Poison
45% vs Deadly Poison
75% vs Greater Poison

w/50% EP??
25% vs Lethal Poison - .37.5%
45% vs Deadly Poison - 67.5% chance
75% vs Greater Poison - 112.5% chance

If this is the case, I am open to these changes. Honestly I dont see it making much of a diff for dex, but it will make DP mages in chokes better.
Vander Nars

Post by Vander Nars »

i dont remember how much 50ep raised it but I remember it normally took 2 or 3 potions to cure lethal even with 50ep.
isterico likes this.
Loler

Post by Loler »

If you want more template diversity instead of going passed demise cut off why not go before publish 46?
When you could deathstrike without hiding and stealth.
When you had sticky specials and didnt need tactics to special.
nerve strike isnt breakable by damage.
enchanted apples dont have a timer but instead is limited by food consumption.
No hpi cap.
no ep cap and ecrus have 75 ep.
No 20 second cool down on evasion.
PM me or contact me on discord mortoburger#5040
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
Buying Tailor/Smith resets in bulk.
Bad Religion

Post by Bad Religion »

Loler wrote:If you want more template diversity instead of going passed demise cut off why not go before publish 46?
No hpi cap.
the good ole days
Necrodog likes this.
Vander Nars

Post by Vander Nars »

Loler wrote:If you want more template diversity instead of going passed demise cut off why not go before publish 46?
No hpi cap.
I feel like you are only offering bad ideas to be a cunt, pretty much every thing you just suggested was broken as shit and i guess your implying that a functioning and useful poison skill is broken?
Loler

Post by Loler »

Everything I suggested was during the era of good pvp. After pub 46 uo died for most pvpers. I guess you wouldnt know anything about that.

You think just adding a cure pot change will add more then 1-2 new templates?

This will add 10-15 new templates.

I literally only pulled changes from pub 46 btw.

http://www.uoguide.com/Publish_46
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
Llama Vortex likes this.
Vander Nars

Post by Vander Nars »

Loler wrote:Everything I suggested was during the era of good pvp. After pub 46 uo died for most pvpers. I guess you wouldnt know anything about that.

You think just adding a cure pot change will add more then 1-2 new templates?

This will add 10-15 new templates.

I literally only pulled changes from pub 46 btw.

http://www.uoguide.com/Publish_46
So i wouldnt know anything about 4/6 chiv dp ninja bola dogs, necro wand mages with prenerfed poison strike spam, necro bush mages with prenerf nerve strike, word of death ai single hit kill archers? yeah iv been around a fucking while morto and know about plenty of op ass templates from back in the day.
Vander Nars

Post by Vander Nars »

No hpi cap.
Since you claim your post was serious ill reply to each idea.

Lets start with what is agree with deathstrike and sticky specials, These are good changes that I agree with you on.

The rest is either awful to meh
Nerve strike not breaking would be too op
Enchanted Apples having no timer takes away the skill of when to best use an apple but I would agree with lowering the timer to say 30 or 40 seconds.
No Hpi - just makes building suits even harder I think 25 cap is best.
No ep cap and 75 ep ecrus - yeah thats an awful idea we dont need people chugging 100 hp greater heal potions.
no cd on evasion - takes away the skill in knowing when to best use the spell.
Loler

Post by Loler »

If you eat apples to fast you get full and have more like a 10-15 minute timer.
Having no hpi caps changes nothing about suit building. 25 hpi is a good breakpoint but shouldnt be a limiting factor. I have 100 lrc on my suit all max mods and still have a 4 mod piece. I think with 145 ep from items and 30 ep from alchy you would chug for 70ish but thats with an alchey bauble and royal guard knife.
Also with all the other changes theres alot more damage output. Deathstrike for 52 with joat tracking.Nerve deathsrike combo. Btw nerve is only a 2 second stun para is 3 second. And would stikk have the 10 second para immunity.
No cd evasion is the only one i was on the fence for but it was a fun time.

At least i didn't ask for uncapped stats along with ep bump. Playing 200+ dex dexxer again would be fun ))))
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
desalonne

Post by desalonne »

I would love to see nerve strike and deathstrike get some love. Opening up those open a bunch of templates as of right now are nerfed to unusable.

Apples I feel have been nerfed to absolute shit here especially with 0 diminishing return on mortal. 2 minutes is far to long for an apple. 1 minute would be a more accurate return or putting a diminishing return on mortal would be a better overall balance.

Sticky specials I'm a huge fan of but I do believe demise current special usage requires more skill (minus the people who instascript that shit anyway).

I would love to see melee dexxers make a return, make necro and bushido/ninjitsu good for more than just 1 template overall. It would open up a lot of templates. I understand the need to balance things overall but to completely break templates by limiting the ones that can be viable takes away from the whole of pvp. ML in my mind had the best pvp simply because of the vast amounts of different style characters that could be played. Demise is currently lacking that. If you arnt on a scribe alchy mage or archer for the field/sw necro for chokes you've already lost.
Vander Nars

Post by Vander Nars »

Loler wrote:If you eat apples to fast you get full and have more like a 10-15 minute timer.
Having no hpi caps changes nothing about suit building. 25 hpi is a good breakpoint but shouldnt be a limiting factor. I have 100 lrc on my suit all max mods and still have a 4 mod piece. I think with 145 ep from items and 30 ep from alchy you would chug for 70ish but thats with an alchey bauble and royal guard knife.
Also with all the other changes theres alot more damage output. Deathstrike for 52 with joat tracking.Nerve deathsrike combo. Btw nerve is only a 2 second stun para is 3 second. And would stikk have the 10 second para immunity.
No cd evasion is the only one i was on the fence for but it was a fun time.

At least i didn't ask for uncapped stats along with ep bump. Playing 200+ dex dexxer again would be fun ))))
honestly I just dont see the devs or most players being happy about going back to pub 46, main reason i even proposed the poison change is it seem to me in the other post i made people where positive about making poison useful. neither of us are likely to get what we want tho.
desalonne

Post by desalonne »

I mean loler has a solid point. Going back to the best pvp pub in uo history isn't a bad thing. But I agree vander it seems the admins do not like to take the advice of its player base all to seriously in regards of wants.
Loler

Post by Loler »

its actually pub 45 i want cause pub 46 killed it.

It was also one of the most diverse time periods ever probably only rivaled pub 42 ish or something when you had vamp form bushido archer swords. necro wand mages. 4/6 chiv ninja templates was so many different temps. ninja/bok mages. 4/6 chiv/necro tamer bokuto users. 80 dmage wod archers. however there was so much more broken shit at this time like. instant cast gheal wand swapping over and over. fireball wand swapping over and over. 150 damage armor ignore honor hits. 1 sec dexxer bandages instant xheal at 180 dex. dog form healing for 20 every time you went in and out with no fcr delay. 80 damage lightning strike.

I think pub 45 was probably one of the most diverse best pvp time periods. Fast paced high damage templates and tons of fun.
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna