Make Poison a viable skill!!!

All discussion regarding the Demise Test Center shard.
atomic chicken

Re: Make Poison a viable skill!!!

Post by atomic chicken »

Well his justification is diversity, but a lot of those things were changed due to being imbalanced. Keeping balanced/counterable templates in mind going back to those pubs wouldn't be a in our best interest.
Vander is trying to find a way to make Melee dexxers viable, currently there are few Melee templates that are viable and most of those are exploiting the wakizashi bug.
I support Looking into ep/poison would be good. Maybe even tweaking it. I think making poisoning viable is good to supplement with osi casting. But that's my proposed solution.
Loler

Post by Loler »

Yep everything i listed in the most recent post was the over the top shit that had no place in the game. The first post i made is all decent stuff that brings back alot of template diversity and isnt insanely op.

Hence why alot of top end pvpers of the time have agreed with me that pub 46 was an awful publish and considered a huge nail.
PM me or contact me on discord mortoburger#5040
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
Buying Tailor/Smith resets in bulk.
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

Vander Nars wrote:As most pvpers know there is very lil template diversity on demise due to alot reasons that I dont feel like running the list down. However, there is a change that could help bring back some diversity. This change could also promote the use of melee dexxers in pvp again. In publish 71, greater cure potions chance to cure poison was nerfed so that deadly and lethal poison would be more effective. I'd like to see the admins consider this for demise.

http://www.uoguide.com/Publish_71

To highlight the changes for the ones too lazy to read thru the pub.
Greater Cure Potion Chance
25% vs Lethal Poison
45% vs Deadly Poison
75% vs Greater Poison
100% vs anything under greater
Looking to make poison a viable skill on TC?
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
royal kapero2

Post by royal kapero2 »

Just do it @EOS !! Fix bugged poisoning for poor fencers versus bugged casting, steam and mortal noob archers no cooldown.

(and make lance two ranged) [hijacking thread like a boss].
Vander Nars

Post by Vander Nars »

The Silvertiger wrote:
Vander Nars wrote:As most pvpers know there is very lil template diversity on demise due to alot reasons that I dont feel like running the list down. However, there is a change that could help bring back some diversity. This change could also promote the use of melee dexxers in pvp again. In publish 71, greater cure potions chance to cure poison was nerfed so that deadly and lethal poison would be more effective. I'd like to see the admins consider this for demise.

25% vs Lethal Poison
45% vs Deadly Poison
75% vs Greater Poison
I assume like on osi that demise normally test changes on TC before taking them live but thank you for your pointless post.
The Silvertiger

Vander Nars wrote:
The Silvertiger wrote:

25% vs Lethal Poison
45% vs Deadly Poison
75% vs Greater Poison
I assume like on osi that demise normally test changes on TC before taking them live but thank you for your pointless post.
Usually, they go through a whole process in the bug report subforum. Thanks for putting it here in the wrong section. You're awesome. ;)
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

The Silvertiger wrote:
Vander Nars wrote:
The Silvertiger wrote: Looking to make poison a viable skill on TC?
Usually, they go through a whole process in the bug report subforum. Thanks for putting it here in the wrong section. You're awesome. ;)
Vander Nars wrote:
The Silvertiger wrote:

25% vs Lethal Poison
45% vs Deadly Poison
75% vs Greater Poison
Back to back posts that made me lol
Very rare thing in this section
I thank both of you
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
Vander Nars

Post by Vander Nars »

The Silvertiger wrote:
Vander Nars wrote:
The Silvertiger wrote: Looking to make poison a viable skill on TC?
So I should post a proposed change that is not a bug in the bug report section? Yeah so tell me more about how im posting in the wrong section.
The Silvertiger

Changes go through the bug report subforum also. "More"
Selling List & Vendor

Legacy

Post by Legacy »

My two cents as essentially the last nox mage in the shard who doesn't do it only for tournaments:

DP Fields are already very strong. It's the poison spell and infectious strike that is a joke.Usually takes three spells to DP someone, and then they just chug to cure instantly with their autopot. Simply reducing the chance of curing the poison would greatly improve diversity, as you would not be able to shrug it off and scripts would have to be careful not to overdo it.
Lucifall
Vander Nars likes this.
Vander Nars

Post by Vander Nars »

The Silvertiger wrote:Changes go through the bug report subforum also. "More"
Nothing in the bug report how to says that you should post suggestions their, it states " ABOUT
This section is mainly for the reporting of new bugs or missing features on Demise. If you wish to contribute osi data or even code feel free but this may not mean your report/code will be accepted, that will be done at our discretion." Im not reporting a bug or missing feature, im proposing a change that comes from SA so I put it in the place I figured was the most appropriate and you can go fuck off now.
The Silvertiger

Vander Nars wrote:
The Silvertiger wrote:Changes go through the bug report subforum also. "More"
Nothing in the bug report how to says that you should post suggestions their, it states " ABOUT
This section is mainly for the reporting of new bugs or missing features on Demise. If you wish to contribute osi data or even code feel free but this may not mean your report/code will be accepted, that will be done at our discretion." Im not reporting a bug or missing feature, im proposing a change that comes from SA so I put it in the place I figured was the most appropriate and you can go fuck off now.
No
Selling List & Vendor

Veteran Noobie

Post by Veteran Noobie »

Loler wrote:If you want more template diversity instead of going passed demise cut off why not go before publish 46?
When you could deathstrike without hiding and stealth.
When you had sticky specials and didnt need tactics to special.
nerve strike isnt breakable by damage.
enchanted apples dont have a timer but instead is limited by food consumption.
No hpi cap.
no ep cap and ecrus have 75 ep.
No 20 second cool down on evasion.

please do not forget evasion mages! (evasion did not require set amount of dex/parry only took bushido!)
Always trying to be honest and helpful, if you have a question or need help please do not bother to ask!

Watch me shine, For I have been in darkness for too long.
Loler

Post by Loler »

Omg no dex requirement for parry please
PM me or contact me on discord mortoburger#5040
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
Buying Tailor/Smith resets in bulk.
The Silvertiger and Arden like this.
Vander Nars

Post by Vander Nars »

lets make this happen admins!!!! or atleast tell me no so I can move on.