OSI Casting On Demise

Closed bug reports will be moved here.
tank

Re: OSI Casting On Demise

Post by tank »

Arden wrote:
DG wrote:When lower defense takes effect,DCI cap wont be taken into account.For example,you current DCI is 51,which is beyond 45 DCI cap.but when you have lower defense effect on you,your DCI will be 51-25=26,not 45-25=20.It is without a doubt.You can verify that on Demise.
Where can you verify this? Please post code
Good mages go with 60+dci. Helps a lot with archers
70dci parrymage is untouchable for archers
Loler

Post by Loler »

I've killed 70 dci chiv parry mages 1v1 on my archer
PM me or contact me on discord mortoburger#5040
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
Buying Tailor/Smith resets in bulk.
Josh

Post by Josh »

The Silvertiger wrote:
Josh wrote: teleporting faster than dexxers is a major problem exploited by people who zerg and are getting zerged. Miniheal spamming teammates is a problem in teamfights even numbered, outnumbered, undernumbered. These are very annoying and automated primarily and casting change would fix them.
Both are huge reasons why casting needs to change in field fights in particular.
My friend Jose told me that GHeal is far superior. ;)

Teleport can be fixed with a range change just as the fields should be fixed.

GL HF getting casting nerfed!
Range change is dumb.... why do that instead of fixing casting? Also yea gheal is better than miniheal spam, but miniheal spam shouldn’t be a viable alternative which it is. You can literally heal on the run which is the most broken part about it.
Josh

Post by Josh »

tank wrote:
Arden wrote:
DG wrote:When lower defense takes effect,DCI cap wont be taken into account.For example,you current DCI is 51,which is beyond 45 DCI cap.but when you have lower defense effect on you,your DCI will be 51-25=26,not 45-25=20.It is without a doubt.You can verify that on Demise.
Good mages go with 60+dci. Helps a lot with archers
70dci parrymage is untouchable for archers
Eh I had 63 dci on my suit once I felt like I got hit more than I do with 40 dci now, just based on feeling hld proof doesn’t exist but that’s only anecdotal so it doesn’t hold much validity.
koziar likes this.
Josh

Post by Josh »

DG wrote:
Arden wrote:
Its not by checking the code.Do a small test in game,and look at your status panel...
Status bars aren’t always 100% aligned with code, the code matters much more.
Arden

Post by Arden »

God the level of retard in this thread...
If you don’t pvp don’t post ....

Tank I’ll let you keep your dumb opinion about dci bc you actually try to pvp.

Morto every archer gets lucky sometimes esp when you throw in alchy and mortal spam

Back on topic... fix casting, I’ve yet to see ONE pvp mage disagree with the casting fix. In fact we even gave the Change suggestions required to balance it. Shit make it a fel only change for all I care
Anthony File

Post by Anthony File »

Bump;
Fix casting, add diminishing return on consecutive mortal strikes, and lower enchanted apple timers.
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

Arden wrote: make it a fel only change for all I care
Finally, we're talking nickles and dimes.

GL HF with proper fel mechanics
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Loler

Post by Loler »

i dont run alchey on my archer and like i said its vs parry+chiv mages, they should just be able to remove curse off the mortals right? :)
PM me or contact me on discord mortoburger#5040
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
Buying Tailor/Smith resets in bulk.
tank

Post by tank »

Arden wrote:Tank I’ll let you keep your dumb opinion about dci bc you actually try to pvp.
Lol. try pvp 1 week with 70dci and next week with your 40. We will laugh together:)
Josh

Post by Josh »

tank wrote:
Arden wrote:Tank I’ll let you keep your dumb opinion about dci bc you actually try to pvp.
Lol. try pvp 1 week with 70dci and next week with your 40. We will laugh together:)
Did it, I feel like I get hit just as much with 70 and with 40. Sooooooo....
koziar likes this.
Josh

Post by Josh »

Fix casting
Arden

Post by Arden »

tank wrote:
We will laugh at what? I run 45 on all my chars. And I am a billion times better than you are.

Ps fix casting
Josh

Post by Josh »

Arden wrote:
tank wrote:
We will laugh at what? I run 45 on all my chars. And I am a billion times better than you are.

Ps fix casting
Yea i killed tank one time while in protection alchy mage vs whatever mage he is. Fix casting.
Josh

Post by Josh »

There are many features on OSI that players do not like; however, this does not deter Demise from being as much like OSI as possible. We will try to not implement OSI bugs onto Demise; however, making that determination should solely be done by staff/administrators. Just because players do not like an OSI change or think they can code it to be better is no reason to do so. There are very few Demise specific changes that should occur and these are usually coded/tested by staff for staffing purposes.

Currently, Demise's OSI accuracy goal is to implement all publishes up to the last publish before the Stygian Abyss expansion.