PVP TOURNY TONIGHT 9 PM EASTERN

Let loose about your latest battles and other PVP shenanigans here. (This section is still subject to moderation.)
atomic chicken

Re: PVP TOURNY TONIGHT 9 PM EASTERN

Post by atomic chicken »

Generally speaking, there are 2 different type of duel tournaments, 1. Full templates/pots 2. Mage duel tournament
(The second normally isn't strictly enforced in the sense of only mages but usually only mages can effectively play it bc it allows no infect strike, no fields, no pots, no summons, no apples, no chiv, etc <no chiv is case-by-case>. I think generally speaking (unless specified differently by this tournament dude) that refresh are allowed, so you don't get stacked out by necromages.

I think it's a preference thing tbh, and duels pretty much have never really reflected how field pvp goes down.
Your opinions aren't wrong, but I think the logic in them is flawed somewhat, bc there are a problems with pots in duels, 1. Conflags are op in tight spaces (not impossible to counter but op) also I think if you allow conflags you need to allow fields, bc I don't see the difference. 2. Heal/Cures make mage duels last too long in my opinion and that's boring. 3. Apples can nullify necromage templates which is especially annoying in a duel.
Extremist223

Post by Extremist223 »

I happen to enjoy standard tournament rules and that is why I ran a tournament with those rules. You are free to show up and win money. It was hard to police, I'm not a fuckin gm you know. And yes I was recording who won and who lost, but we had people who double ko'd and refused to fight again and tons of spectators. It could've been more planned out but everyone chipping in works well. If the community can police itself in there and I don't have to do all the work, all the better.

I'm glad most of you enjoyed it and want to do it again.

Bad religion the rules are staying the same on the next one.
Shake

Post by Shake »

I created the standard tournament rules like 10+ years ago.
Ajani

Post by Ajani »

atomic chicken wrote:Generally speaking, there are 2 different type of duel tournaments, 1. Full templates/pots 2. Mage duel tournament
(The second normally isn't strictly enforced in the sense of only mages but usually only mages can effectively play it bc it allows no infect strike, no fields, no pots, no summons, no apples, no chiv, etc <no chiv is case-by-case>. I think generally speaking (unless specified differently by this tournament dude) that refresh are allowed, so you don't get stacked out by necromages.

I think it's a preference thing tbh, and duels pretty much have never really reflected how field pvp goes down.
Your opinions aren't wrong, but I think the logic in them is flawed somewhat, bc there are a problems with pots in duels, 1. Conflags are op in tight spaces (not impossible to counter but op) also I think if you allow conflags you need to allow fields, bc I don't see the difference. 2. Heal/Cures make mage duels last too long in my opinion and that's boring. 3. Apples can nullify necromage templates which is especially annoying in a duel.
you are just bad at the game
Made In Quebec wrote:Some people's pleasure are sticking vegetables up their asses. While it's not my personal cup of tea, they can do as they please, since it's their asshole's.

I find this quite entertaining.
Casting is shit
atomic chicken

Post by atomic chicken »

Hahaha, thanks bud.
Ajani

Post by Ajani »

atomic chicken wrote:Hahaha, thanks bud.
zulu2401 wrote:Good job. You are a piece of shit on a video game. Kill yourself bud
Made In Quebec wrote:Some people's pleasure are sticking vegetables up their asses. While it's not my personal cup of tea, they can do as they please, since it's their asshole's.

Casting is shit
atomic chicken

Post by atomic chicken »

Ajani, is that you who has come along and is better?
Arden

Post by Arden »

Why is the some of the worse players on the server bitching ? About a tourney they didn't even compete in?
atomic chicken

Post by atomic chicken »

Uh, idk where this ranking list is, also I never bitched about the tournament lol xD you're silly ajani.
Fenerous

Post by Fenerous »

How about the prize will be entry fee. 500k-1kk per participant would make the prize more tempting. And could attract more people. Might go 80/20 80% for the winner 20% for the person who sets it all up.
Ajani

Post by Ajani »

Arden wrote:Why is the some of the worse players on the server bitching ? About a tourney they didn't even compete in?
Must be talking bout Josh

Casting is shit
Bad Religion

Post by Bad Religion »

Extremist223 wrote:I happen to enjoy standard tournament rules and that is why I ran a tournament with those rules. You are free to show up and win money. It was hard to police, I'm not a fuckin gm you know. And yes I was recording who won and who lost, but we had people who double ko'd and refused to fight again and tons of spectators. It could've been more planned out but everyone chipping in works well. If the community can police itself in there and I don't have to do all the work, all the better.

I'm glad most of you enjoyed it and want to do it again.

Bad religion the rules are staying the same on the next one.
Your tournament, your rules.
atomic chicken

Post by atomic chicken »

ajani you're hilarious man, i really love u man <3