Criminal Timers on Gates

Let loose about your latest battles and other PVP shenanigans here. (This section is still subject to moderation.)
Necrodog

Criminal Timers on Gates

Post by Necrodog »

Srsly why did this get changed? Now it takes 5 hrs to get back into a fight, and 5 hours for the other team as well.

nWo, ReQ, KvG, and Hz all used it and we were fine with it... but now one or two people complain about it and it slows down the whole game to a grinding halt.

Change it back. There's nothing overpowered about it.
MaZa and Duque like this.
Vander Nars

Re: Criminal Timers on Gates

Post by Vander Nars »

Hz cant run from fights that their losing so the world has come to an end! KvG is happy with the change since it means people cant run away anymore.
Arden

Post by Arden »

Necrodog wrote:Srsly why did this get changed? Now it takes 5 hrs to get back into a fight, and 5 hours for the other team as well.

nWo, ReQ, KvG, and Hz all used it and we were fine with it... but now one or two people complain about it and it slows down the whole game to a grinding halt.

It takes 2mins to uncriminal. Stop being a baby.

Only valid argument would be to allow crim-timer to end immediately upon death. That way people cant run away through gates, but dead people can still rez quickly.

Cant wait for your bitching when they change casting. "OMFG IT TAKES 5 hours to cast a fireball/MA...I CANT DO THIS BY HAND. I NEED MY SCRIPTS"
zulu2401

Post by zulu2401 »

Arden wrote:
Necrodog wrote:Srsly why did this get changed? Now it takes 5 hrs to get back into a fight, and 5 hours for the other team as well.

It takes 2mins to uncriminal. Stop being a baby.

Only valid argument would be to allow crim-timer to end immediately upon death. That way people cant run away through gates, but dead people can still rez quickly.

Cant wait for your bitching when they change casting. "OMFG IT TAKES 5 hours to cast a fireball/MA...I CANT DO THIS BY HAND. I NEED MY SCRIPTS"
LOL. Sync dumps are hard. That reminds me of Alvin's old spell play. Explosion evil omen pain spikex30 haha
Reefer

Post by Reefer »

:lol: :lol:

Someone is terrible at the game.
Necrodog

Post by Necrodog »

Arden wrote:It takes 2mins to uncriminal. Stop being a baby.

Funny that you would advocate for a change to help the zerg. "It's too easy for us to get away from people. We need to change it so we die more."

Or are you admitting that YOU are the zerg?

Also, if you weren't completely retarded, you'd realize that I already posted about how I tested new casting and thought it would be awesome if they implemented it. I guess that's too much to expect from someone like you. :roll:
Grifo

Post by Grifo »

LOOP is happy with the change since it means people cant run away anymore.
atomic chicken

Post by atomic chicken »

I like the change, gate bots are lame :/
And it doesn't "help out the Zerg" it's the correct UO mechanic.
Anyhow, if they reimplemented the old gates it would a band-aid solution, meaning it'd only prevent small amounts of people from dying it wouldn't solve "the Zerg problem."

But don't worry, we're workin on it.

PSA - I'm for bringing back the accurate UO server style instead of this arcade bullshit. Stop the care bear fair and make UO Great Again.
Arden

Post by Arden »

Necrodog wrote:
Arden wrote:It takes 2mins to uncriminal. Stop being a baby.

Funny that you would advocate for a change to help the zerg. "It's too easy for us to get away from people. We need to change it so we die more."

Or are you admitting that YOU are the zerg?

Also, if you weren't completely retarded, you'd realize that I already posted about how I tested new casting and thought it would be awesome if they implemented it. I guess that's too much to expect from someone like you. :roll:
I typically dont read shitty players opinions in that thread.

But im glad youre for it.

Youll have to find a new guild, i imagine most of HZ wont like it
Maloskies

Post by Maloskies »

I think the change is good.

Criminal timers suck dick though.
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

Maybe the fix is to remove the criminal check, but leave the combat check?
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Maloskies

Post by Maloskies »

I think just shorten the timer on death? either way, I think the gate bot change really improves pvp, it makes the fights last longer than the ol "mb died so everyone run through the gate and hide until he can get ressed back up" guilds can wipe each other finally, as long as they're away from houses anyways.
Vander Nars

Post by Vander Nars »

As u notice Hz went missing since this change.
MB

Post by MB »

I didn't think KvG stuck their heads out before midnight? I haven't seen them in force in months. Hz did 5 harrowers over this weekend, some after stealing Oaks.
Tempest

Post by Tempest »

MB wrote:I didn't think KvG stuck their heads out before midnight? I haven't seen them in force in months. Hz did 5 harrowers over this weekend, some after stealing Oaks.

Looks like it's you who is the one hiding from us, knowing that those harrowers were definitely not done in American Prime Time.

We can schedule our best 5 vs your best 5, I can guarantee a 100% win chance for us in the open-field, knowing we haven't lost a fight to your guild in the last 2-months vs your top players in even fights.

Hawkeye
Anthony Pedo-File
Kapero
Billy
You

Last time we fought this group with you included, it ended very badly for you. I remember that every gift of life you took resulted in instant death. Damn man, I hope you didn't chew Anthony's ass too hard, poor-lad probably screamed he had your heals.
I T-Bagged Vander's corpse and he came back from the dead and attempted to bite my nutsack.
Arden likes this.