Any PVP dexxer template works on Demise?

Let loose about your latest battles and other PVP shenanigans here. (This section is still subject to moderation.)
rhasce

Any PVP dexxer template works on Demise?

Post by rhasce »

I got this template and Im a joke, yesterday a guy just stood there as I was hitting with all my skills then killed me in 3 secs, lol.

Alchemy:100
Fencing :110
Healing:100
Tactics and anatomy: 100
Bushido and parry: 105

This is really not effective or could it be my equipment? Also Im willing to make any changes necesary and got plenty soul stones to do so. Help a pvp noob please.
pimpinez likes this.
Bad Religion

Re: Any PVP dexxer template works on Demise?

Post by Bad Religion »

Both, you need 120 fencing, healing tactics anatomy, can MAYBE get away will less anat, and bushido and parry arent terrible at 100/100. Consider dropping parry/bushido for resist Make sure you arent wearing a shield if you have bushido. You need a lot of stamina, and max hitpoints (150) which you will get a lot of from your items.

Riding swipe is pretty effective in both group and solo situations so consider getting a no-dachi. Frenzied whirlwind is annoying too but seems kinda difficult to use. Get a decent bone harvester for para blow/ mortals.
Vander Nars

Post by Vander Nars »

Iv never heard of a fencing bush dexxer, fening has mainly been used with dp dexxers. If you want to be a bushido dexxer maybe try macing and use a diamond mace concusion blow or a hammer pick of armor ignore/mortal n war axe for armor ignore/bleed.
Legacy likes this.
Brad

Post by Brad »

Now ignore everything he just said.
Bad Religion

Post by Bad Religion »

Brad wrote:Now ignore everything he just said.
?
atomic chicken

Post by atomic chicken »

Melee dexxers are hard here, especially as a solo char. You can go fencing, swords or macing, it's just difference in who you want to kill.

I think fencing is the weakest right now because bleed isnt good enough to disrupt and allow you to kill anyone on the current casting. Madara (a melee dexxer) has a leaf blade and can potentially ai spam someone to death, however, the problem is that swords has ai weapons and there is a leaf blade of ease (which everyone makes for sampires) is always use best weapons skill. Yes warfork does bleed and disarm which is awesome vs an archer, however there is little to no way to really kill a mage with fencing without relying on ai spams or using a 2h wep like a short spear.

My suggestion is go swords or macing. Swords is more valuable in a group setting bc you can riding swipe and there are more swords weapons to choose from. Also bokuto's are really nice damage, they give a 2s stun and do like 30 damage at 120 bushido (which is better than ai like 100% of the time). Bone harvys and a diverse choice in bleed weps is nice too

Alternatively, there is macing, which is always a decent choice, bc you do massive damage, but you need some heal prevention or a shit ton of ssi and si to outdamage someone's heal. You'll need 3 weapons for macing - mace, war axe and a hammer pick. Mace for disarm conc which is your primary wep and the fastest one out of all of them, it's good vs other dexxers and has good damage. Second is the hammerpick this will be your switch-to when you know you can kill someone in the next 2 or 3 swings, lay a mortal on them, if they apple mortal again, then ai. Third is war axe, this is mainly your archer killer, bleed em to disrupt their bandages, spamming after every one of their successful bandages will make it easy.

Overall, you can go any of these. My suggestion would be swords, bc bokutos do more damage than ai and stun, riding swipe from no dachis is a super strong dismount, you have bone harvys for your mortaling and then you also get bleed weapon options (i.e. cleaver, skinning knife, exe axe, battle axe, etc).

You need resisting spells unless you're going a stealth template, bc trap boxes can do 50 damage and they'll just para spam you. Also, mana vamp will mean they'll just use it and take all your mana.
Bad Religion

Post by Bad Religion »

Yah the problem with macing is needing ssi on pretty much every usable weapon. Whereas swords and fencing can find effective weapons that are just 2-3 mods without ssi.

Bottom line, get gold and items, then start building suit. 120 weapon skill is absolutely essential and everything else you can kind of cheat on. You can play whatever template you want as long as you have the items and you arent a complete monkey. It's just a matter of getting more effecient.
rhasce

Post by rhasce »

Thanks all for yOur pointers I decided on a template and Im testing weps now, I participated on tourney last night and lasted about a min and a half, wich is a record from my 5 secs.
rhasce

Post by rhasce »

And I will try to stop been a monkey, I been reading much more on strategies people uses.
hashiramadara

Post by hashiramadara »

Good morning Rhasce, I can give you a hint, people say playing warrior and easy, not easy, if you do not have the right items, no use you want to go pvp now, you should focus on good weapons, use the test Center to test and calculate everything, having items is ideal to start, but that is not all, you will have to know what is the weakness of each character, you must calculate, physical damage, magic damage, because there are several types of templates. You also need to know if you will identify with the warrior class. Read the uoguide very carefully and good luck boy.
Legacy and Bad Religion like this.
rhasce

Post by rhasce »

Thanks much, well I been concentrating on gettings items for a year, its been a year since I comeback to Demise, from a 3 year break from UO, I do feel that I may have the right items, and I'm working on a few kick ass weps. I hope I can do good lol
hashiramadara likes this.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

its difficult to play effectively and you need all the best gear to even stand a chance. tbh playing a pvp dexxer is making hard work for yourself, but the challenge is fun :)

i can pvp with my dexxer, but i need a lot more practice and a better wep before i will be killing folk.

go for mace fighting and get a hammer pick for mortal and AI
Bad Religion

Post by Bad Religion »

servos and kapero shit on people on their dexer templates. Granted, they are super cheesy and also are a lot more vulnerable at times due to having to be in melee range and often leading to bad positioning. But yah, if you are fast enough and know how to run well, you can mow people down in group fights on a dexer with a group of mages helping.
Skrillex

Post by Skrillex »

My teamplate

120 fencing
100 parrry
100 tacts
100 anat
100 heal
100 RS
100 poisoning / 100 ninjitsu / alchemy / spellweaving ( u can change between they deppending of the moment)
Skrillex#5409

The Boy Who Shattered Time