50ep ☒ | bows ☒ | artifacts ☒ | numbers ☒ | skill ☐

Let loose about your latest battles and other PVP shenanigans here. (This section is still subject to moderation.)
Tempest

50ep ☒ | bows ☒ | artifacts ☒ | numbers ☒ | skill ☐

Post by Tempest »

The most Action-Packed 1-minute video ever recorded in UODemise history.

We had a blast guys, it was fun while it lasted!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UydeYEC-f2M
I T-Bagged Vander's corpse and he came back from the dead and attempted to bite my nutsack.
Bad Religion

Re: 50ep ☒ | bows ☒ | artifacts ☒ | numbers ☒ | skill ☐

Post by Bad Religion »

Nice video wp guys, caught us big time
Loler

Post by Loler »

You are just lucky we didnt have it recorded when 25+ loop/qa dropped onto 11 or 12 of us at hythloth. They all died within 10 seconds. Way more action packed.
PM me or contact me on discord mortoburger#5040
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
Buying Tailor/Smith resets in bulk.
Vitek-

Post by Vitek- »

This video was shit nice job killing the worst players
Discord: Critical#2911
fish, bass
atomic chicken

Post by atomic chicken »

Lol, vitek come off your pedestal buddy, you're actually a potato with a script. RoboPotatoes just crack me up.
P.S. i tried to xheal, but logan got some clutch mortals.
Vitek- likes this.
Loler

Post by Loler »

i would like to see you 2 fight puremage in pits on test. i got 5kk on vitek
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
Vander Nars

Post by Vander Nars »

Loler wrote:i would like to see you 2 fight puremage in pits on test. i got 5kk on vitek
why test? you plan to play for him?
atomic chicken

Post by atomic chicken »

Loler wrote:i would like to see you 2 fight puremage in pits on test. i got 5kk on vitek
Dueling isn't an indication of skill in the field/choke, which is all that really matters. Also, you could just log in on a diff char and duel for him, idk why you would but you could. In the field/choke, i've yet to see him do anything that was above avg. But I'm down to duel, i don't really care too much.

Also, he's probably another script monkey, not 100% sure, I dont see him much, he could just be a monkey.
Loler

Post by Loler »

I will gladly be dueling another person on my character in bucs or something to confirm I'm not on his character. And you can duel him for free.

I feel dueling is a good indication of a players actual skill. It doesn't mean someone is going to be as good in a 1 vs 1 field fight or even a 10 vs 10 group fight. What it does show is an understanding of spell casting and general understanding of the game. I am of course talking about pure mage dueling with demises version of osi casting.

With as scripted as demise is even using it to base peoples skills in the field is pretty much a joke almost everyone i see would get crushed without scripts however they exists so I've adapted and integrated said scripts into my repertoire. But as I think you know from our test duels I would much prefer scripts to not exist.
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
atomic chicken

Post by atomic chicken »

Loler wrote:I will gladly be dueling another person on my character in bucs or something to confirm I'm not on his character. And you can duel him for free.

I feel dueling is a good indication of a players actual skill. It doesn't mean someone is going to be as good in a 1 vs 1 field fight or even a 10 vs 10 group fight. What it does show is an understanding of spell casting and general understanding of the game. I am of course talking about pure mage dueling with demises version of osi casting.

With as scripted as demise is even using it to base peoples skills in the field is pretty much a joke almost everyone i see would get crushed without scripts however they exists so I've adapted and integrated said scripts into my repertoire. But as I think you know from our test duels I would much prefer scripts to not exist.
I don't think they're an indication of skill based on group fighting, which i think is the only thing that matters, also i'm basing my knowledge of his skill based on his performance in the field/choke that i've been a part of. Dueling only proves you know how to block spells, it doesnt show how you are as a team-based player, i.e. xhealing, para blowing defensively to help someone (chad does this alot), dispel fielding, etc. You've field fought before you get the idea. Example, Arden is not good at dueling anymore bc he hasnt dueled in a long time (he used to be), yet he's a phenomenal field fighter in my opinion.

I didn't question your skill, you're not vitek. He called us shit, i called him shit. Im not shit, most people probably agree on this. I don't use scripts and from our discussions you know that.

My opinion is the only thing that matter (or atleast the most important) is performance in group fights. If you watched the video you noticed I tried to xheal havoc, but he got mortaled before my spell was done casting. Then i ran from them to res havoc, then I thought they'd dump on me, they didn't, the reskill havoc (with a mortal i think) and then epi jumps in the middle dies. I was close to him bc i was gonna try to heal him and assumed they'd hit me so i offscreened (which most of us should have done) and starlito got the short end of the stick for trying to res havoc in the middle of them and died. Konvict and Shadow i think were stuck back in the pass. I couldn't save my boys but I don't see anything particularly wrong with my performance in that video. Except one thing, i should've withered them to prevent them from casting instead of trying to xheal/res, and Im not perfect, so that's something to improve on. It was a very good play by Logan, Reefer and Bile and some bad play as a group by us. But we are not the worst players on the server. You all aren't either. I personally think alot of people on the server are potatoes or script monkeys, including my guild. There are some exceptions of course.

TL;DR only about the above paragraph - I analyze my play about the video (might have some minor differences from the video, i'm basing this off my memory and what i was thinking at the time).
Loler

Post by Loler »

I was more saying to the fact you thought i would be on the char vitek was claiming to be which I wouldn't. I mean yeah I know I've done this in the passed for Aeyko specifically but I would prove that I wasn't doing it for vitek.

With scripts its hard to find a players actual skill. Pure maging on demises version of OSI gives you that and i basically said what you said in a shorter way.

"I feel dueling is a good indication of a players actual skill. It doesn't mean someone is going to be as good in a 1 vs 1 field fight or even a 10 vs 10 group fight. What it does show is an understanding of spell casting and general understanding of the game. I am of course talking about pure mage dueling with demises version of osi casting."

You said it longer. I didn't say because you are the best pure mage you will be equally good at all aspects.
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
atomic chicken

Post by atomic chicken »

Loler wrote:I was more saying to the fact you thought i would be on the char vitek was claiming to be which I wouldn't. I mean yeah I know I've done this in the passed for Aeyko specifically but I would prove that I wasn't doing it for vitek.

With scripts its hard to find a players actual skill. Pure maging on demises version of OSI gives you that and i basically said what you said in a shorter way.

"I feel dueling is a good indication of a players actual skill. It doesn't mean someone is going to be as good in a 1 vs 1 field fight or even a 10 vs 10 group fight. What it does show is an understanding of spell casting and general understanding of the game. I am of course talking about pure mage dueling with demises version of osi casting."

You said it longer. I didn't say because you are the best pure mage you will be equally good at all aspects.
Right, I may not have made it clear, when i say someone is "good" in general i am referring to the group setting. I haven't seen him be impactful in the fights i've fought vs him so i called him bad, plus im sure he uses scripts which loses alot of respect from me. I'm very anti-script and it's why I dont use them. The only one i'm lowkey ashamed i use is the miniheal self one. I just don't like when people call other people shit when they're using scripts in the majority of pvp, like xhealing, walling, etc. And I don't use them except maybe a get enemy or mini-heal self script so I feel he's just another beep boop trashtalking.
Loler

Post by Loler »

When I first came here I was much the same. Xheal was the first thing i got which was probably 3-5 days after being on the server. Then I noticed how many people were abusing ma/fireball script and jumped on that bandwaggon within 2 weeks. Those are pretty much the only 2 things I used for the first 6 months i was on the server. The next script I decided to use was the trap pouch script which took me 6 months and 1 to many para efield deaths to start using. Since then I've come to realize it doesnt matter how many scripts I use or don't use, like you've been saying yourself all that matters are the results in the field. I have sucked up more of my pride and become one of those shitter skillest scripters myself.
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
Kamus

Post by Kamus »

All that Turtle Hunt practice finally payed off Logan ha. n1 btw
atomic chicken

Post by atomic chicken »

Loler wrote:When I first came here I was much the same. Xheal was the first thing i got which was probably 3-5 days after being on the server. Then I noticed how many people were abusing ma/fireball script and jumped on that bandwaggon within 2 weeks. Those are pretty much the only 2 things I used for the first 6 months i was on the server. The next script I decided to use was the trap pouch script which took me 6 months and 1 to many para efield deaths to start using. Since then I've come to realize it doesnt matter how many scripts I use or don't use, like you've been saying yourself all that matters are the results in the field. I have sucked up more of my pride and become one of those shitter skillest scripters myself.
So, part of it might be pride. But the main reason and it's the reason I don't cheat in every game (I know scripting isn't cheating here but in my mind it is) is bc I like to evaluate my own skill and use my own skills to have fun and play. I truly just didn't enjoy the scripts when I used them (for like 2 weeks) when I first joined. Personally, I'd rather be a terrible player who is non-scripting than be a good one with scripts.