PvP suit advice?

Let loose about your latest battles and other PVP shenanigans here. (This section is still subject to moderation.)
tichondrius

PvP suit advice?

Post by tichondrius »

Looking to build a suit. Would appreciate some advice. Suit has to utilize a one handed weapon, so books won't work. This suit will be for a mage.

Attempting to get an orny, but other artifacts I have at my disposal are HoM, AOF and sash. I've heard of mages utilizing Glads, but I'm not quite sure how I fit that in without sacrificing other necessary stats.

Even on TC, I can't seem to figure this out. Seems like I am having a difficult time getting all my HCI/DCI/LMC/SDI/LRC in. I'm kind of lost with it right now.

Can anyone give me advice on where I should go with this?
zzillizz

Re: PvP suit advice?

Post by zzillizz »

run regs
tichondrius

Post by tichondrius »

Well, I was really trying to stay away from that. I was kind of hoping there would be a cool set of FOTM artifacts people could suggest. I was thinking about using Fey leggings in the above set up, but not sure if there are some better pieces I could use instead.
zzillizz

Post by zzillizz »

Everybody tries to stay away from it. Tact mage is hell without insane mr...so you also need to factor that in. Just saying most of the best tact mages on the shard...and richest...still HAVE to run regs. It's a pain in the ass but really is one of the better option for initial survivability. Just sucks getting back into battle. Running so many arties...plus aofs lack of resists...you're gonna need near perfect gorget sleeves and gloves. With high lrc, lmc, mr, and resists.. .on each piece. Hci and dci wep would help...add in sc and it's again gonna be a bitch. Sdi? Have to come from jewels...hci dci casting and sdi? Good luck. Could go totem....and lose the Mr from hom. Could do kasa for resists and sdi...again i wouldn't sacrifice the mr.
tichondrius likes this.
ortiz

Post by ortiz »

Arties for lrc suit - hom aof glads sash orny. Runic gloves sleeves legs with a combined 16 lmc minimum and 30 lrc. Mr 2 on runics would help.

Arties for reg suit - hom rbc glads sash feys orny. Runics gloves and sleeves with lmc on 1 piece and Mr 2 on both.

Need cc for both suits. These are the standard setups. Orny isnt needed but it will make your hunt for good weapons harder and more expensive.
Bama wrote:
Opywang wrote:You have to pertitipate

Is that like Mittittippi
Fuck off

tichondrius likes this.
Vitek-

Post by Vitek- »

Also don't go afk at BG best suit advice I can give you
Discord: Critical#2911
fish, bass
Bad Religion

Post by Bad Religion »

doesnt matter pvp sucks right now here with the shit lag
tichondrius

Post by tichondrius »

Bad Religion wrote:doesnt matter pvp sucks right now here with the shit lag
Could be worse, have you tried WoW's PvP lately? :lol:

Thank you all for advice, I'll be trying the non-LRC suit with orny. Still open to advice if anyone else wants to share their opinion or thoughts.
subaru

Post by subaru »

tichondrius wrote:
Bad Religion wrote:doesnt matter pvp sucks right now here with the shit lag
Could be worse, have you tried WoW's PvP lately? :lol:

Thank you all for advice, I'll be trying the non-LRC suit with orny. Still open to advice if anyone else wants to share their opinion or thoughts.
tichondrius from hybrid? I'm not positive but iirc you played with wanka etc right? if so pm me guuuurl
Discord: subaru#6057
tichondrius

Post by tichondrius »

Na man Tichondrius is from World of Warcraft
Veteran Noobie likes this.
Loler

Post by Loler »

Vitek- wrote:Also don't go afk at BG best suit advice I can give you
Very good advice.

I prefer fey legs for lrc suits then aof.

The exception is tactics mage or inquis mage. I run aof for these setups.

My standard setup is scrappers orny sash cc quiver hom or dci glasses or both. Then runic gloves arms tunic gorget. I strive for minimum. 25 hpi 36 lmc 100 lrc corpse proof fire all 60s+ resist and 10mr with dci glasses 14 with hom. Use mkp5 or ari which ever gives you better stats. You can make a suit like this with all 4 mod armor.
PM me or contact me on discord mortoburger#5040
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
Buying Tailor/Smith resets in bulk.
gonthrax

Post by gonthrax »

Loler wrote: I prefer fey legs for lrc suits then aof.

The exception is tactics mage or inquis mage. I run aof for these setups.

My standard setup is scrappers orny sash cc quiver hom or dci glasses or both. Then runic gloves arms tunic gorget. I strive for minimum. 25 hpi 36 lmc 100 lrc corpse proof fire all 60s+ resist and 10mr with dci glasses 14 with hom. Use mkp5 or ari which ever gives you better stats. You can make a suit like this with all 4 mod armor.
Solid advice.