Idea to rise melee dexxers in PVP

Let loose about your latest battles and other PVP shenanigans here. (This section is still subject to moderation.)
Silent Shadow

Idea to rise melee dexxers in PVP

Post by Silent Shadow »

question to all you guys
how about increase range of Parasitic poison vampiric effect from 1 to 3-5 tiles?
that would be not OP but would enchance a little bit melee-dexxers in pvp with ranged classes (with imba chug scripts and chance to cure LP)
w8tin your thoughts and opinions ;)
WTB Ring 50 EP HCI DCI (up to 20kk)
Skrillex

Re: Idea to rise melee dexxers in PVP

Post by Skrillex »

The problems are not tiles... But that would be a good idea

The problem is, any character without EP and alchemy, can cure deadly, parasitic and darkglow very very easy, u will not get the vampiric buff never bc everyone cure it easy
Skrillex#5409

The Boy Who Shattered Time
alllex and Bad Religion like this.
Bad Religion

Post by Bad Religion »

I think dexers are fine. There's a few decent ones that are impactful even in big team fights. Chuckles, Kapero, Servos and King Baboon can be really nasty on their templates especially with the broken frenzied whirlwind mechanic.
Vander Nars

Post by Vander Nars »

A 95% chance to cure lethal poison with a potion that has no cooldown is not fine, its highly broken but It seems the devs dont give two shits to even comment on fixing poison to be useful.
Legacy likes this.
Silent Shadow

Post by Silent Shadow »

i think my offer would A LITTLE bit change the balance
i dont offer to nerf EP and cure pots because i undrstnd nobody would do this on life :(
Silent Shadow

Post by Silent Shadow »

Bad Religion wrote:I think dexers are fine.
youare wrong
nowdays on Demise melee dexxer could be on one lvl with archers/mages only by using exploits like broken FWW
so we need REAL CHANGES instead of temporaly using exploits and bugs
Tanya

Post by Tanya »

hey... what is wrong with frenzied whirlwind?
Peerless Hunter
Guide to Whammy - viewtopic.php?f=10&t=314
My youtube channel - /watch?v=sx5zGCbILtA
Weekly Bedlam Spawns - viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9131
Bad Religion

Post by Bad Religion »

Silent Shadow wrote:
Bad Religion wrote:I think dexers are fine.
youare wrong
nowdays on Demise melee dexxer could be on one lvl with archers/mages only by using exploits like broken FWW
so we need REAL CHANGES instead of temporaly using exploits and bugs
1st, I'm not wrong. You're just bad.
2nd, changing poison won't change anything in regards to outcomes of fights, only changing cure pots will..
3rd, melee dexers are often on the same level as archers and mages if not better at times.
4th, true they shouldn't only be good because of an exploit (which they arent) but every template abuses mechanics/scripts. Archers don't have to run ninja because of their insane scripts and tankiness/bandaging from cus. They can afford med and other dps skills.
5th, one of the most annoying and effective players on the server, King Baboon, is a dexer...
Silent Shadow

Post by Silent Shadow »

Bad Religion wrote: 1st, I'm not wrong. You're just bad.
yes you are
Bad Religion wrote: 2nd, changing poison won't change anything in regards to outcomes of fights, only changing cure pots will...
that wont change anything globaly but would be the 1st little step
changing pots would be awesome...but i dont think somebody will do that
Bad Religion wrote: 3rd, melee dexers are often on the same level as archers and mages if not better at times.
statistics talks for me...
we have 1-2 active successfull melee-runners and zerg of archer/mages
i agree that melee could brake faces....but..while archer could do this with 2prop weapon - melee need to have 3-5 "4prop" weaps to be same usefull for group...
so we see that nowdays melee dexxer is only for tycoons and exploit-users
that IS NOT a balance
Bad Religion wrote: 5th, one of the most annoying and effective players on the server, King Baboon, is a dexer...
offtopic - has he youtube channel? i wanna see that :oops:
DG

Post by DG »

Silent Shadow wrote:
Bad Religion wrote: 5th, one of the most annoying and effective players on the server, King Baboon, is a dexer...
Come to brit gate.You will find him awaiting for a duel.He will be on his another dexxer,Ariel Tussad.
Silent Shadow

Post by Silent Shadow »

DG wrote:
Silent Shadow wrote:
Come to brit gate.You will find him awaiting for a duel.He will be on his another dexxer,Ariel Tussad.
im on work now :|
and melee VS melee - not the thing im interested in
DG

Post by DG »

Tanya wrote:hey... what is wrong with frenzied whirlwind?
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=11573

This trick seems not very useful for pvm.60 dmg in 2 secs is way too low.Besides,it is not stackable.
Arden

Post by Arden »

1 - Frenzied needs fixing

2 - There are 0 good melee dex on this server, bc melee dex cant compete here

I like the attempt with the poison, but everyone is right, 1 cure pot negates you.
Legacy likes this.
Silent Shadow

Post by Silent Shadow »

Arden wrote:1 - Frenzied needs fixing

2 - There are 0 good melee dex on this server, bc melee dex cant compete here

I like the attempt with the poison, but everyone is right, 1 cure pot negates you.
it could give a little benefit bc ppl takes 20-30 cure pots and ninja\DP poisoner could carry hundreds of poison charges
besides IF this fix will be done - even 1-2 ticks of parasitic before curing will change balance of DPS and healing
desalonne

Post by desalonne »

see the thing is it doesnt matter how many poison charges you carry ;) it takes a simple 2 1 drop for you to completely disappear.....so chances are you could carry 3k poison charges and you still wont ever kill anyone with it.

para blow, explo ebolt lightning, next target. "did you guys see that DP dexxer? lolol what the fuck was he thinking?"