BoyLover Duel For Gold?

Let loose about your latest battles and other PVP shenanigans here. (This section is still subject to moderation.)
zulu2401

Re: BoyLover Duel For Gold?

Post by zulu2401 »

Cold Blood wrote:
Bad Religion wrote:
Cold Blood wrote:300 to 400 ping is even not playable. Try play a mage on chinese shard i would like to say any chinese can win u in any case of 1v1 even nacked. whats more, the boy isent chinese.
i ping higher in US, thats not an excuse at all. Just pussies
Well, admire to u if ur ping is high than 300 and can still play as good as that.
Many people in the United States ping just as badly as the Brazilian,Spanish, China or polish. It's not just the foreigners who must deal with it. So crying because you live in a foreign nation and want to play on an American hosted server creates zero sympathy from us. Also due to the fact most of the dipshit fuckers who complain about it can outrun Americans who ping an average of 30-50. Ping has pretty well zero effect on gaming by the way it's the latency that fucks you.
Cold Blood

Post by Cold Blood »

Im not crying actually…im smiling……at u :)
zulu2401

Post by zulu2401 »

Are you fuckin stupid? No part of that was directed at you. In general those are the facts in a passive statement.
DG

Post by DG »

Ping matters a lot,especially when you are playing mages.Uo casting mechanics make ping one of key factors of pvp.when you are going to cast a spell,you first send your casting messages to server,then server sends back target cursor to let you choose a target after spell casting time is over.After that,you send target to server.The whole process takes (spell casting time) + (your ping*1.5) to cast a spell.In real gamplays you spend more time than that,becuase there are hardware reaction and human reaction time to take into account.
For example,your ping is 50ms,my ping is 250ms.So it takes you at least 250+50*1.5=325ms to cast an Magic Arrow.Meanwhile,it takes me 250+250*1.5=625ms to cast the same spell.You almost can cast two MAs before i finish one.Longer casting time not only means lower damage output and healing amounts,but also brings higher chance of being disturbed.Fizzling your spells now and then make your offensive and defensive abilities even worse. Ping does make a huge difference for mages.Thats the reason why high ping players have to play archers or dexxers and why high ping mages looks clumsy.
As far as ingame movement is concerned,its mechanic is much simpler than targeting.You have 50 ping but with packetloss,you cant run fluently,you will stop now and then.You have 300 ping but with no packetloss,you can run as hell,but your movement reaction is still slower than low ping players.Thanks to staffs for permition of VPN,otherwise,you will see no international players stepping on Fel.
You guys are either comepletely ignorant of the game mechanics,or just pertend to be so.There is really no need to fulfill your illusional ego on this game.
Try to have fun!
zulu2401

Post by zulu2401 »

Nah that's not true. There are players with higher ping than most of the server who dominate on mages. Latency is the problem for most people. With any packet loss at all you are fucked and unplayable.
Cold Blood

Post by Cold Blood »

If u meant 10 years ago. Yes! Stackable target bug in runuo could make all ppl spells like 0ms. But it had been fixed like years ago.
Alvin likes this.
Reefer

Post by Reefer »

Steam fixed the problem with anyone having bad ping.
Shake

Post by Shake »

Reefer wrote:Steam fixed the problem with anyone having bad ping.
Get over it your behind the times
Reefer

Post by Reefer »

Shake wrote:
Get over what? I said steam fixed the issue for anyone with bad ping. Implying that no one here should be bitching about ping.
Bad Religion likes this.
Shake

Post by Shake »

Reefer wrote:
Shake wrote:
Get over what? I said steam fixed the issue for anyone with bad ping. Implying that no one here should be bitching about ping.
Are you still not using steam @reefer

Come back and play!
Reefer

Post by Reefer »

Shake wrote:
Reefer wrote:
Shake wrote:

Come back and play!
Solo is a thing of the past, to hard to solo here now lol.
Shake

Post by Shake »

Reefer wrote:
Shake wrote:
Reefer wrote:

Come back and play!
Solo is a thing of the past, to hard to solo here now lol.
Come pvp with our team, we are the smallest of the pvp guilds. Ill add ya
DG

Post by DG »

Its not true.Steam only makes you cast as fast as your ping allows.With 250 ping and Steam,you still cast one Magic Arrow when 50 ping players finish two.
Once upon a time,when target flooding was still there,high ping players could get around the ball-hurting game mechanic of spell targeting.Only then,Ping was not that important and high ping mages could compete.
Reefer

Post by Reefer »

DG wrote:
Its not true.Steam only makes you cast as fast as your ping allows.With 250 ping and Steam,you still cast one Magic Arrow when 50 ping players finish two.
Once upon a time,when target flooding was still there,high ping players could get around the ball-hurting game mechanic of spell targeting.Only then,Ping was not that important and high ping mages could compete.
Weird because I ping pretty low and every mage here doesn't seem to have a problem casting against me.
DG

Post by DG »

Because high ping mages wont step onto Fel alone:)