so apparently..

Let loose about your latest battles and other PVP shenanigans here. (This section is still subject to moderation.)
Calvin

Re: so apparently..

Post by Calvin »

ortiz wrote:this is why you dont get ressed at bosses lmao
lol

it's TvT, troll v troll.

reds never res but to res-kill anyway
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

it was a CHN guy that killed me, but in a way there is a silver lining, the chinese will troll you as much as you troll us :D

someone needs to set up some boxes around where you enter the solon quest in fel...
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

Calvin wrote:they added tram because no-one could play, because so many people are dicks...
that's why fel is always empty. because the dickery ruins the game for the majority of players. if they didn't make tram, the game would have died out almost immediately.

the very fact they had to make tram, shows it's not a pvp game. because if it was, it would have more mechanics for pvp. things like wandering groups of guards, etc.

they had to change the rules of the game, because they didn't anticipate how much people are dicks.
Some of the largest free servers are fel only. As a matter of fact they also are larger than demise without the botting as well.
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Josh

Post by Josh »

Calvin wrote:if it was a matter of skill then i'd play, i like pvp games. but it's not, it's a matter of trickery and lameness. who has the best sneaky tactic, or item.

it's disgusting.

who can exploit something better, who can get more people on their side, who can trap someone on some terrain they didn't know about; etc.

i mean, in a way it's good because it's so open and free, but the problem with freedom is always that people are dicks. this is why we have to have laws and stuff, and tell you 'god will punish you' etc.

this is why we cant have nice things.
The lack of skill comes from this server's mechanics and allowance of scripts, osi-mechanics requires skill to be good at a mage in particular. As per the para, efield combo, this is easy to get out of, you simply need to use your trap pouch, sometimes they can sync it, in that case you will probably die but if you're quick enough with a mage you can use protection then teleport out. Also "trickery" is something you need to overcome, there are many games that have "cheese tactics' but the good players (at pvp) are able to overcome those things. I've died to fields before but it is something I can overcome most the time bc i know how to deal with them. The other tactic is to have your friend dispel field a tile for you. This is a pvm and pvp game, it was created to incentivize people to play how they want to, but this game overall is probably one of the better pvp games in history simply because there are counters to almost everything and skill does matter. Now as for demise, this isn't as true simply because scripting is allowed.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

The Silvertiger wrote:
Calvin wrote:they added tram because no-one could play, because so many people are dicks...
that's why fel is always empty. because the dickery ruins the game for the majority of players. if they didn't make tram, the game would have died out almost immediately.

the very fact they had to make tram, shows it's not a pvp game. because if it was, it would have more mechanics for pvp. things like wandering groups of guards, etc.

they had to change the rules of the game, because they didn't anticipate how much people are dicks.
Some of the largest free servers are fel only. As a matter of fact they also are larger than demise without the botting as well.
well there are no other games with as much freedom to troll as original UO, because original UO was one of the first ever MMOs, and it highlighted the problem
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

Josh wrote:sensible stuff
it's just annoying man.. a player versus player game should tie down as many variables as possible, balance what is different, and have the only competing factor as the player's skill.

uo is far more about preparation. but to be fair, this is a DOTA vs LOL debate now.

i like my strategy games to be strategy games, i like my skill games to be skill games, and i like my rpg's to be rpg's.

in my opinion skill and strategy should not mix that much, and a game should not be re-purposed to be something it wasn't intended to be.

but then again, DOTA has a fair amount of players. it is opinion.

(even though it's the prevailing opinion)
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

could you imagine a football game with UO rules :D

like, you just have as many players as turn up, they can have as much equipment as they can buy, and if it's physically possible it's allowed.

it'd be fucking mental.

++
you can re-purpose a game i suppose by making mods, but then they change the game rules to fit the new purpose.
Josh

Post by Josh »

Calvin wrote:could you imagine a football game with UO rules :D

like, you just have as many players as turn up, they can have as much equipment as they can carry, and if it's physically possible they're allowed.

it'd be fucking mental.

++
you can re-purpose a game i suppose by making mods, but then they change the game rules to fit the new purpose.
Nah, every mmorpg is like that, it's as many people who can group together and cooperate vs another group doing the same thing. Yes there are scenarios where even fights happen, but this can happen in uo aswell. Also football is a totally different game :P. The great thing about this game is that it can be super complex and to be super successful you have to build a community of people to help each other. Every mmorpg combines strategy and skill. Yes there is equipment and that matters but unlike other mmorpgs the armor is not so overpowered that the person becomes unbeatable. There are many people who had a better suit than me currently but even back in the day when i had to run 40 poison resist and 3 mod armor. I still through teamwork with my friends killed a lot of people. The beauty of uo is there is always a potential to outplay someone as a solo player or as a group, (obviously a solo player will be significantly less of a threat than another team). I like how pvp is on uo, maybe some things arent perfect but from my perspective it's one of the more better mmorpgs still to date (mechanics wise, i fucking hate crowd control and tanks, uo only has a few forms of cc with walls/parafields/efield/paralyzeblow/paralyze).
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

to be fair i have seen some impressive pvp play from people's youtube accounts.

but it's still broken as fk for most classes
Skrillex

Post by Skrillex »

Calvin, i know how you are feeling , i didnt play mages, but the experience on PvP make me be ready, tp scrolls, pouch, lesser poison pot on yourself, bandages, parry, confidence , conflag pot to dont Let them cast, poisoning, bleed .... There are mny ways to dont Let a mage cast and dont fuck you, but tbh, i agree, this is a PvP game , and if you want PvP , you have to be in a good group of friends /guild

Mages are the most OP teamplate , later archers, only few non-fear guys plays with warrior

Just dont get frustrated.
Skrillex#5409

The Boy Who Shattered Time
Calvin likes this.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

dude, i would have to get steam, ready pouches from my mage, get potions, apples, petals, bolas, multiple weapons - set up hotkeys for switching between and readying special moves, tp scrolls and hotkeys, etc etc etc.

all so i can go get a solon sac from fel and complete the solon quest, because the tram spawn is camped by auto-target archers...

and then you lose it all when you die.

or ya know, fk it, lets just not do it. <---- but that is a problem, because when that spreads, people stop playing

like.. yas have made it a pain in the ass to play the game, and people are winning because other people just dont care enough to bother. that is not a winning formula. have you ever heard the saying "he doesn't care if the whole world burns, as long as he can be king of the ashes" - there's a lot of people like that on here... i should really get some sleep at some point :coffee:
Logain

Post by Logain »

Use stealther if you have or made one if you don`t have .You gonna like it ;)
Calvin likes this.
Vitek-

Post by Vitek- »

Its a broken mechanic but you should be pouching anyways. Fields are pretty fucked on this shard in general compared to OSI

On OSI

- Energy fields don't instantly lay - the center tile lays, then it cascades out over the course of 1-2 seconds. Here it instantly lays, which is broken as fuck and allows for ez xfields (same w/ para/poison/firefield, but not wall of stone - that's instant).

- Casting range is 15 tiles - on Demise its 10 or 11 tiles (dramatically alters dungeon PvP)

- Paralyze fields paralyze you *only* when walking through them. On demise they paralyze you when you teleport onto them too (dramatically alters dungeon PvP)
Discord: Critical#2911
fish, bass
Logain likes this.
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

Calvin wrote:
The Silvertiger wrote:

well there are no other games with as much freedom to troll as original UO, because original UO was one of the first ever MMOs, and it highlighted the problem
I don't know what you're getting at, but most of the players on those servers are pvmers. Just because someone kills you doesn't mean they are trying to troll you. If they wanted to troll you they'd just lay down efields and leave you alive.
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Reefer

Post by Reefer »

You used to be able to solo here and do just fine, even when steam first came around and everyone started holding their buttons down. But with the influx of hw kits and crazy bows/scripts now it's kind of impossible lol.
Calvin likes this.