Getting your inputs on how we could improve Demise's PvP

Let loose about your latest battles and other PVP shenanigans here. (This section is still subject to moderation.)
Bad Religion

Re: Getting your inputs on how we could improve Demise's PvP

Post by Bad Religion »

Josh wrote:@brunus
Making a 2nd server is a terrible idea.
Giving DS dye on champ spawns are a bad idea. They have them rare for some kind of gold sink, they’re supposed to be with CUB but have a limited time per dye and CUB is supposed to be perma. They use them as a gold sink and gold sinks are great for this server bc inflation gets out of hand.
A lot of people have a problem with demise casting. You don’t hear about a majority of them because most just quit.
The absolute only reason I play here is bc I like the people I play with. I’ve quit before bc of casting, I came back bc my guidelines and that’s it.
nice so you like me and debs?
Arden likes this.
Bad Religion

Post by Bad Religion »

Arden wrote:I give up guys.

Keep your shit casting and your shit rules...

Staff knows the server is dying.

You can see it in their desperate chain of events and introduction of new items as often as they can to try and keep interest.

Y’all don’t want to change fine. Don’t change it. Enjoy playing with the last 20 people that play here. I’m done arguing about why pvp changes are good for the server. Like i said I’ve basixally already quit and I would guess most of you you read this have to some extend as well. Maybe you only play 2-3 hours a week (a month in my case).

If you want to be a top 5 player stay here bc your rank moves up daily as more people quit. Epi is prob the last kvg that plays. As many of you have posted about before. We are the last real pvp guild on this server that actually knows how to play the game. Sorry loop and hz even your own guild members know your group is shit.

Congrats ajani you’re going to be a top 5 pvper before summer! Maybe you too GM MB!
lol
Josh

Post by Josh »

Bad Religion wrote:
Giving DS dye on champ spawns are a bad idea. They have them rare for some kind of gold sink, they’re supposed to be with CUB but have a limited time per dye and CUB is supposed to be perma. They use them as a gold sink and gold sinks are great for this server bc inflation gets out of hand.
A lot of people have a problem with demise casting. You don’t hear about a majority of them because most just quit.
The absolute only reason I play here is bc I like the people I play with. I’ve quit before bc of casting, I came back bc my guidelines and that’s it.
nice so you like me and debs?
and swizz :]
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

Stay tuned for my extravagant gold sink post. TL:DR will be included because it will be necessary. I may post it next time arden gets time to play Demise. Hi! ;)
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Bad Religion

Post by Bad Religion »

jusut leave casting and the server how it is, pretty obvious no one cares
Arden

Post by Arden »

The Silvertiger wrote:
Stay tuned for my extravagant gold sink post. TL:DR will be included because it will be necessary. I may post it next time arden gets time to play Demise. Hi! ;)
Tl;dr
The Lannisters

Post by The Lannisters »

There was another shard that had weekly pvp events, they spawned a boss in a dungeon, opened a gate and we had to kill it and stop others from getting to it...pretty much like a choke fight. Maybe, this could be used with a few tweaks to it. The boss had a chance to drop pigments / charge of the fallen etc.

On the other hand, my comments above are going off-topic. The main issue is with the current state, rather than rewarding PvPers by adding more onto what already is a pile of shit.
:coffee:
Legacy, Bad Religion and Josh like this.
Vander Nars

Post by Vander Nars »

The Lannisters wrote:Pest that had weekly pvp events, they spawned a boss in a dungeon, opened a gate and we had to kill it and stop others from getting to it...pretty much like a choke fight. Maybe, this could be used with a few tweaks to it. The boss had a chance to drop pigments / charge of the fallen etc.

On the other hand, my comments above are going off-topic. The main issue is with the current state, rather than rewarding PvPers by adding more onto what already is a pile of shit.
:coffee:
fixed it for you
The Lannisters likes this.
Ajani

Post by Ajani »

If llama,Josh,Arden,Vander quit that would make the forums 100x better
Made In Quebec wrote:Some people's pleasure are sticking vegetables up their asses. While it's not my personal cup of tea, they can do as they please, since it's their asshole's.

I find this quite entertaining.
Casting is shit
Tempest likes this.
Josh

Post by Josh »

Ajani wrote:If llama,Josh,Arden,Vander quit that would make the forums 100x better
Fuck off, shit brain. You just don’t like me bc I told you to go to school once on mondain’s triumph. So gomd.
Last edited by Josh on February 18th, 2019, 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ajani

Post by Ajani »

Josh wrote:
Ajani wrote:If llama,Josh,Arden,Vander quit that would make the forums 100x better
Fuck off, shit brain.
you just made my point bud
Made In Quebec wrote:Some people's pleasure are sticking vegetables up their asses. While it's not my personal cup of tea, they can do as they please, since it's their asshole's.

I find this quite entertaining.
Casting is shit
Josh

Post by Josh »

Arden doesn’t even do anything either, he just shit talks (which it’s a pvp thread sooo deal with it or gtfo) and suggests changes with arguments why it would be good.
Vander Nars

Post by Vander Nars »

Ajani is retarded so he has to resort to memes in hopes that one of them will be funny since hes not.
Josh

Post by Josh »

Vander Nars wrote:Ajani is retarded so he has to resort to memes in hopes that one of them will be funny since hes not.
They’re not even funny memes, that’s the worst part.
Legacy

Post by Legacy »

Why? I can see how changing something fundamental about this shard could lead to a increase or a big decrease in population, given that casting fix would have to come hand in hand with mana leech fix and basically every pvm'er nowadays use either of those as they currently are.

A clone shard, even if temporary, would help gave how popular those things really are. If pvp'rs really flock in, and the focus is more population, then sure, go for it. If we get basically the same guys and some others lose interest, then what's really the point?
Josh wrote:Giving DS dye on champ spawns are a bad idea. They have them rare for some kind of gold sink, they’re supposed to be with CUB but have a limited time per dye and CUB is supposed to be perma. They use them as a gold sink and gold sinks are great for this server bc inflation gets out of hand.
There are numerous dyes which can be explored and are not currently in the DS list. There are also numerous cosmetic stuff that could be added. If they want to incentive PvP from this approach, they can do it.
Josh wrote:A lot of people have a problem with demise casting. You don’t hear about a majority of them because most just quit.
Sure, but there's plenty of people not only in the PvP side of it but PvM side that like this casting. Since I've been here probably the longest out of any current pvp'ers, I can assure you guilds come and go, but the way things currently are is a simple lack of incentive: I used to raid non-stop. I don't anymore. I can't find someone doing a spawn before they are done finishing it, and I don't want to make an automated champ spawn verifying system because, well, that's bullshit. Assuming I do find a champ spawn being worked on, sometimes I don't even get people to defend it from my raid because they just don't have interest, and one of the arguments they bring up to me is "it's not worth my time. Who cares for scrolls anymore?"

Many bugs have been fixed over the years, many people have quit over it, many people have joined after. People quit over unmissable fukyias. People quit when they fixed that. People quit once everyone started whoring cu sidhes, but many have joined the pvp after that became the norm. People quit when they nerfed DS ninja archers, which was a rather balanced and diverse template, and some joined back after it. People also quit when people could instantly kill you Stampedes and shit. The list goes on and on and on forever. PvP was always active if there was incentive.
Last edited by Legacy on February 19th, 2019, 2:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
Lucifall