OSI casting: reality or myth?

Let loose about your latest battles and other PVP shenanigans here. (This section is still subject to moderation.)
Vander Nars

Re: OSI casting: reality or myth?

Post by Vander Nars »

hz losing a 3v6? that's just business as usual.
Loler

Post by Loler »

He hiding the 30 stealther that just popped out to shoot me
PM me or contact me on discord mortoburger#5040
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
Buying Tailor/Smith resets in bulk.
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

Vander Nars wrote:
Loler wrote:Me and Anthony wooped Kapero and hider on osi casting they stood no chance even on chars that could hide abd stealth away. Eventually what Kapero did after we killed hider
You, file, and jeremy still lost that 3v3 to me, josh, and havoc tho.
Havoc vs loler is pretty even. Throw in two meat shields a piece and you can claim to have beaten loler at something besides a candy eating competition.
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
DG

Post by DG »

Here are my 2cents on OSI casting after testing and duelling with it a lot:

OSI casting is OSI accurate and definitely no bug.As a major game mechanic,it would be immediately noticed and fixed,if it was a bug.It makes no sense that OSI casting is not intended after being there for so many years.

OSI casting makes pvp more balanced and prompts template diversity.Under the old casting,mages have the highest damage,the fastest healing speed,the strongest control ability and the best mobility.Mages almost can do anything.Non-casting templates are comparatively weak,inflexiable and ineffective.Thus Mages dominate Demise for more than a decade.With OSI casting,spells slow down a bit and other templates can catch up.Especially dexxers,their disruptive ability will play a more important role.

OSI casting reduces ping influence.The more unfair part of the old casting is its high ping-dependency.High ping players are unable to survive Ma+Fb spam while low ping players can one key outheal any damage from high ping ones.Many high ping players give up or are forced to play functional archers.With OSI casting,the ping influence is no longer a determining factor for spell casting.

OSI casting activates Mage vs Mage gameplay.With OSI casting,mage vs mage is not a match of who has better ping or better gear any more.Timing begins to matter.Mage vs mage is more fun,more skill-involved.Ppl are willing to do mage duels again,which havent been seen for a long time.

OSI casting makes scripts less effective.Some ppl think its UOS and its scripts make pvp BAD,but i would rather say UOS makes pvp WORSE.The game mechanic is always one of the root reasons.For an old game like UO,scripts are inevitable now.Scripts will be still out there even under OSI casting,but they wont be as effective as before.It can be considered as progress.

OSI casting will benefit the shard in the long term.Applying OSI casting wont lead to an immediate increase of pvp population,nor it will cause a dramatical fall of pvpers.Most pvpers i have seen in fel these days are fine with the new casting.But look at the big picture.Ppl who truly love mage gameplay will love this casting.Think about international players.When players from EU,Asia,South America and all over the world know ping wont make them uncompetetive any more,they will probably choose to stay.

OSI casting wont result in OP archers,at least for now.OSI casting will nerf mages' damage output and healing abilities a bit.Its true they cant just cast Ma+Fb to give archers the same pressure as before.But archers are highly gear-dependent,RNG-dependent.Their damage is unstable.They cant xheal,cant cast walls,have so many limitations. The recent mount change is already a small nerf to them.Under OSI casting,an archer and a mage are still unable to kill each other easily in 1 on 1 cases;but in group fight cases,mages advantages are still there.You can verify that through the recent pvp videos.Ppl recommend changing mortal to balance archers.IMO,it is too early to make the conclusion and it is not backed up by OSI era.Maybe we could have OSI-like walls to buff mages a bit.

I wish to see OSI casting fel wide asap.
Last edited by DG on March 15th, 2019, 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Josh

Post by Josh »

The Silvertiger wrote:
Vander Nars wrote:
Loler wrote:Me and Anthony wooped Kapero and hider on osi casting they stood no chance even on chars that could hide abd stealth away. Eventually what Kapero did after we killed hider
You, file, and jeremy still lost that 3v3 to me, josh, and havoc tho.
Havoc vs loler is pretty even. Throw in two meat shields a piece and you can claim to have beaten loler at something besides a candy eating competition.
You don’t pvp. You don’t know what you’re taking about. You weren’t at the fight. I was, I participated and called the fight for our group. Hz tunnel-visioned on Vander and couldn’t kill him. And havoc and I killed Jeremy I think while they chased Vander. Then all 3 of us turned and killed the next 2 after Jeremy was dead.

Vander is a better field and choke fighter than most people on this server.
Vander Nars likes this.
Vander Nars

Post by Vander Nars »

Josh wrote:
The Silvertiger wrote:
Vander Nars wrote: You, file, and jeremy still lost that 3v3 to me, josh, and havoc tho.
You don’t pvp. You don’t know what you’re taking about. You weren’t at the fight. I was, I participated and called the fight for our group. Hz tunnel-visioned on Vander and couldn’t kill him. And havoc and I killed Jeremy I think while they chased Vander. Then all 3 of us turned and killed the next 2 after Jeremy was dead.

Im not gonna cry!
Josh and The Silvertiger like this.
Arden

Post by Arden »

Morto talking like he does anything but “duel”

“This one time me and Anthony...”

No one cares, you’re both shit field fighters
Josh likes this.
The Silvertiger

Josh wrote:
The Silvertiger wrote:
Vander Nars wrote: You, file, and jeremy still lost that 3v3 to me, josh, and havoc tho.

You disagree that havoc and loler are pretty even?

If vander is soooooo good why do I keep hearing about this single fight instead of multiple fights?

You know it and I know it: it was havoc vs loler insert anyone else of varying skill levels.
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Josh

Post by Josh »

The Silvertiger wrote:
Josh wrote:
The Silvertiger wrote: ...

You disagree that havoc and loler are pretty even?

If vander is soooooo good why do I keep hearing about this single fight instead of multiple fights?

You know it and I know it: it was havoc vs loler insert anyone else of varying skill levels.
Havoc I think is better than loler in the field. I think I’m better than both of them in the field (not substantially maybe) and im probably better as a shot caller.

Vander is better than Anthony and Jeremy (the other 2 hz) in the field in my opinion.

Vander mentions this fight bc he was in this 3v3 and so was loler. This just happens to be one of the even fights we’ve had where Vander and loler were there, that’s why he mentions it.

There’s a video of Vander, Richard and I beating the shit out of 6 hz (none of the above mentioned are in it) before. Vander doesn’t mention it bc the people he’s shit talking weren’t there.

Also, if you knew anything about 3v3s, all the players are important. 1 player can do a lot but 1 player won’t win the match for you.

TL;DR you have no idea what you’re talking about.
Vander Nars likes this.
The Silvertiger

Josh wrote: Vander mentions this fight bc he was in this 3v3 and so was loler. This just happens to be one of the even fights we’ve had where Vander and loler were there, that’s why he mentions it.

TL;DR you are always right.
Must be soooooo good that he only gets invited to one even fight.

TS;PR hi
Selling List & Vendor

Josh

Post by Josh »

The Silvertiger wrote:
Josh wrote: Vander mentions this fight bc he was in this 3v3 and so was loler. This just happens to be one of the even fights we’ve had where Vander and loler were there, that’s why he mentions it.

TS;PR hi
We’ve only ever had 1 3v3 with loler involved and 2 total scheduled 3v3s (that I know of) vs hz, Vander wasn’t available at the 2nd one.

Vander and I have fought many times out numbered and beat the shit out of a ton of groups (you can watch the 3v6 vs hz it’s on my YouTube channel. Again, you have no idea what you’re talking about. You don’t pvp, so how can u make a judgement on vander’s skill?
Vander Nars likes this.
The Silvertiger

Josh wrote:
The Silvertiger wrote:

TS;PR hi
We’ve only ever had 1 3v3 with loler involved and 2 total scheduled 3v3s (that I know of) vs hz, Vander wasn’t available at the 2nd one.

Vander and I have fought many times out numbered and beat the shit out of a ton of groups (you can watch the 3v6 vs hz it’s on my YouTube channel. Again, you have no idea what you’re talking about. You don’t pvp, so how can u make a judgement on vander’s skill?
The judgement isn't on vander's skill but loler vs havoc. Insert anyone else of varying skill <----- that's a quote. You understand the word varying? It literally means vander could be dog crap or dog fighter [airplane variety not Vick variety.] The rest is a play on what you've said. Even fights vs loler only one invite.
Selling List & Vendor

Josh

Post by Josh »

The Silvertiger wrote: Havoc vs loler is pretty even. Throw in two meat shields a piece and you can claim to have beaten loler at something besides a candy eating competition.
Here’s the original quote you said. You called Vander and I meat shields as well as said loler and havoc were even. Im a better field fighter than loler and havoc (mentioned this before) (loler is much better at dueling than I am though). Vander isn’t a meatshield I would contend Vander is one of the better players on this server in the field (mentioned this before too).

Your argument was Vander is a meatshield, I’m saying he’s not. You say it was a loler vs havoc showdown as if no one else in the group mattered, I disagree. I was the shot caller in our group (mentioned before) and we won that fight with 0 deaths. I was also the shot caller in the other 3v3 loler wasn’t in. I mentioned before all members of a 3v3 matter if you have ever had any experience in field fighting/3v3s you’d understand that.

Vander got invited to one 3v3 bc there were 2 total. Havoc and I were in both because we were available at both. Vander was at one bc he was available at one. Havoc nor Vander are my #1 picks in the best 3v3 team from kvg/nwo alliance, but both of them are solid players.
Albeit, Jeremy might be a meatshield
I think Anthony is better than a meatshield

I also told you about the other instances with Vander and offered a video to show you Vander isn’t a meatshield.

TL;dr you said we were meatshields, you’re wrong, you don’t pvp, you don’t know what you’re talking about.
Vander Nars likes this.
The Silvertiger

It is a matter of opinion and I disagree with your opinion.

TS; PR Hi
Selling List & Vendor

Josh

Post by Josh »

The Silvertiger wrote:It is a matter of opinion and I disagree with your opinion.

TS; PR Hi
Brings us full circle. Your opinion doesn't matter, you don't pvp.
Vander Nars likes this.