noob question to PVP archery

Let loose about your latest battles and other PVP shenanigans here. (This section is still subject to moderation.)
Exillion

Re: noob question to PVP archery

Post by Exillion »

well most of that is needed to be competitive since there are so many players with this type of suit or better, if he cant afford those artis with 4 mod gloves/sleeves and 3 mod jewels/bows he is better off starting with a necromage for pvp that can be suited much cheaper
Silent Shadow likes this.
Maloskies

Post by Maloskies »

Exillion wrote:well most of that is needed to be competitive since there are so many players with this type of suit or better, if he cant afford those artis with 4 mod gloves/sleeves and 3 mod jewels/bows he is better off starting with a necromage for pvp that can be suited much cheaper
Very easy to be competitive on this server as an archer, I dont think there is a single good archer outside of kapero, he could make it work without a lot of those expensive arties, if he wants to 1v1, then sure he needs all of that, but if he wants to be a support archer, then you dont need much.

50 ep 15 hci
bracelet di hci dci
totem
fey
rbc
CC
stam/resist gear
totem of the void/DI totem if you have enough LMC

3 mod bow, balanced, SSI, HLD

with 39-43 hci, you have a 48-49% chance to hit a max dci player, compared to 50% at 45 hci.

boom, you can match the impact of 99% of the archers on this server.
Discord: Maloskies#2094
Silent Shadow

Post by Silent Shadow »

Tempest wrote: That's totally a end-game suit, not basic.
if you cant suit your archer like that - dont even start it... so thats basic suit without which archer is completely useless
....or youll be allways only a "support-dont-know-who" who dies from 2-3 arrows\spells
if you dont have enough gp for such suit - play "necro-whatever-mage" it needs more-more less gp.
WTB Ring 50 EP HCI DCI (up to 20kk)
Exillion likes this.
Tempest

Post by Tempest »

Silent Shadow wrote:
if you cant suit your archer like that - dont even start it... so thats basic suit without which archer is completely useless
....or youll be allways only a "support-dont-know-who" who dies from 2-3 arrows\spells
if you dont have enough gp for such suit - play "necro-whatever-mage" it needs more-more less gp.

I can suit that archer 2-3x over. don't question my wealth.

sash/glads alone is 80kk. thats no where near a basic suit.
I T-Bagged Vander's corpse and he came back from the dead and attempted to bite my nutsack.
Maloskies

Post by Maloskies »

Silent Shadow wrote:
Suiting an archer isn't just "I have these items my suit must be good" it's about hitting certain breakpoints, and you can do that with an archer for much less than people suggest, although necromages are still a lot less expensive, it doesn't take a 150-350kk to suit a competitive archer, you could probably do it with less than 30/40kk with cc/totem being your most expensive items.
Discord: Maloskies#2094
Silent Shadow

Post by Silent Shadow »

Tempest wrote: sash/glads alone is 80kk. thats no where near a basic suit.
and what?)
thats dont change anything
normal capped and norm resist archer or warrior musthave this stuff
Maloskies wrote: and you can do that with an archer for much less than people suggest
thats wrong
without such suit i posted your archer wouldn have needed caps
without this stuff you wouldnt get 1-2 caps or resists.
you easily could suit archer without for example DCI at all or with resists like 45-50 - and you dont need that expencive stuff
but if you wanna get 70s resists+ 45hci + 35-40 lmc + a bit DI + 35+DCI + a bit mr... if that way - you MUST have all that stuff :D
Gargl Kark

Post by Gargl Kark »

how about making this a topic in PVP forum? relevant enough, I think, and it gives me lots of hints on how to start.

anway, I'll be burning through a bunch of HW fletcher kits tonight.
Should that be Ash, Yew, or Bloodwood? What's the recommendation?
Whammy | Timezone: GMT+2

2020-09-17: SALE | Jewels List
Silent Shadow

Post by Silent Shadow »

ash - ssi only
Gargl Kark likes this.
BannerBruce

Post by BannerBruce »

Better way is sell hwfk and buy now Or what u want.
Gargl Kark

Post by Gargl Kark »

BannerBruce wrote:Better way is sell hwfk and buy now Or what u want.
If only I knew what and where... :D

Silent Shadow

Post by Silent Shadow »

thatsnot aproblem
you definately need:
balanced
ssi 30 and higher
another props depends on your suite
if you could grab enough HCI on suite - your choice is - mace shield glasses -so weapon dont need hld
if you cant - totem or HH - this way you need hld on weapon
etc.
Gargl Kark

Post by Gargl Kark »

ok, I burnt one Kit to see what choices I have to make. There were two slayer bows, some bows with high HCI/DCI etc.
I understood that properties like SC and Balanced are important, so I think these two are worth showing.

What do you think, any use to these?
firstBowsEverCraftedMyself.jpg
firstBowsEverCraftedMyself.jpg (54.58 KiB) Viewed 4082 times

gonthrax

Post by gonthrax »

It seems that there are many people on this server that don't understand WHY they need certain stats. They also don't understand how the different stats interact with each other. They just know they have been told "you need these items for this char" so they follow it and that "knowledge" gets passed down over time. I'm not talking down to those folks, that's fine if they just want to put together a char and have a bit of fun. It becomes a problem if they want to min/max the char.

Go to stratics or UO guide, look at how HCI and DCI interact. Check how much your specials cost with 0 LMC and figure out how much you need to accomplish your combos with your current mana pool. Suit one of your other chars with 45 dci and shoot at it, figure out what works. Do some testing, change your stats around. Once you've done that you will not only have a working suit but you'll have a better understanding of the game far beyond "Buy glads and trinket, you HAVE to have 45 dci, use this weapon".

I also feel like people misunderstand the roles of different templates. Can you shoehorn a template into a different role? Sure, but it won't excel in that role.
ortiz, Tempest and Maloskies like this.
zulu2401

Post by zulu2401 »

Silent Shadow wrote:
Tempest wrote: sash/glads alone is 80kk. thats no where near a basic suit.
and what?)
thats dont change anything
normal capped and norm resist archer or warrior musthave this stuff
Maloskies wrote: and you can do that with an archer for much less than people suggest
thats wrong
without such suit i posted your archer wouldn have needed caps
without this stuff you wouldnt get 1-2 caps or resists.
you easily could suit archer without for example DCI at all or with resists like 45-50 - and you dont need that expencive stuff
but if you wanna get 70s resists+ 45hci + 35-40 lmc + a bit DI + 35+DCI + a bit mr... if that way - you MUST have all that stuff :D
I used CC ring of vile, RBC and Hld glasses and fucked people up. Easy to suit a support archer. Those were my only arties
Silent Shadow

Post by Silent Shadow »

zulu2401 wrote: I used CC ring of vile, RBC and Hld glasses and fucked people up. Easy to suit a support archer. Those were my only arties
like i said - support archer is not a 100% pvp archer...
its like a mage with 100lrc but without other caps...yes it could spam arrows\fireballs but its not a normal war-char.
it could do something only in zerg...launch several bolts - and thats all
it couldnt do somthing in 1vs1 and its only ballast in mini-group pvp because healler will heal only him instead makin all group alive...i dont know how you play pvp if you dont undrstnd that :?