Faction System

Let loose about your latest battles and other PVP shenanigans here. (This section is still subject to moderation.)
EmilyIta

Faction System

Post by EmilyIta »

Hi guys,

----> I am not talking on behalf of my guild ReQ, but it is just my opinion/idea.
I am playing on Demise since October 2016 and I am really enjoying the server. Its pvp is basically in Britain / Brit labi / Spanws / Harrower and it's very nice.

I am wondering why here faction system has never been considered for pvp. It would be nice because the fights can be more constructive, better and funnier.
I propose here a list of reasons because our pvp guilds should join in factions.
  • Faction wars in their headquarters related to control of towns/sigils - They are really funny!
  • It can improve the quality of players. Skill loss makes is a deterrence of the system die and ress (and nothing is happened)
  • Faction artifacts - It can reduce the price of many artifacts and pvm players will have a benefit related. The FA-s have also many other propers.
  • Punke system - People can wear faction artifacts and show how much they are great killers
  • War horse - May I comment it? *.* They are super cute
  • Control of the towns - How about to have traps and guards in the conquisted towns? that would be amazing.....
Here the links related to the mentioned things
http://www.uoguide.com/Factions
http://www.uoguide.com/Faction_Artifacts

Here after the fight to take sigils (in another server)

judio and EnEffetGile like this.
EmilyIta

Re: Faction System

Post by EmilyIta »

EnEffetGile likes this.
Silent Shadow

Post by Silent Shadow »

faction system - great thing
i hope it would be added
WTB Ring 50 EP HCI DCI (up to 20kk)
EmilyIta

Post by EmilyIta »

Silent Shadow wrote:faction system - great thing
i hope it would be added
Actually warhorse + sigils + faction system are already working on this server. On Demise I tested FS and was commanding lord of Shadow Lords for some months.
I do not know whether the Faction Artifacts exist.
EnEffetGile

Post by EnEffetGile »

EmilyIta wrote: Actually warhorse + sigils + faction system are already working on this server. On Demise I tested FS and was commanding lord of Shadow Lords for some months.
There is no bonus from town control and no faction artifact.
EmilyIta

Post by EmilyIta »

EnEffetGile wrote:
EmilyIta wrote: Actually warhorse + sigils + faction system are already working on this server. On Demise I tested FS and was commanding lord of Shadow Lords for some months.
There is no bonus from town control and no faction artifact.
Town Sheriffs decide how to place guards and mage guards and the Town Treasurers decide the number of Vendors and Taxes
EnEffetGile

Post by EnEffetGile »

EmilyIta wrote: Town Sheriffs decide how to place guards and mage guards and the Town Treasurers decide the number of Vendors and Taxes
The only use it see is actualy when ppl need to buy bulk regs/bottles to make pots or stacks of wood at 2 gold for afking heartwood. Pretty much it. This is mainly why you will never see wood sell over 2 gold and when he does... He need an idiot or a noob to buy it. Being normal or oak as they only have 1 use. Trash at HW quest.
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

EnEffetGile wrote:
EmilyIta wrote: He need an idiot or a noob to buy it
I'm not sure but I think I heard he was banned recently
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
ortiz likes this.
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

The reason factions aren't used is the faction skill loss upon death.
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Bama likes this.
Silent Shadow

Post by Silent Shadow »

lolwhat?
after death you lose %% of you skills for several min.. and thats all.
EmilyIta

Post by EmilyIta »

Silent Shadow wrote:lolwhat?
after death you lose %% of you skills for several min.. and thats all.
That's the nicest things...
Loler

Post by Loler »

The reason factions arent used is there is no gain from it in pvp and only the downside of 20 minute stat loss.

If they added faction arties but disallowed use of them in tram areas and removed the point requirement for all arties i think it would be beneficial to the server.

All thats going to happen if you add the standard faction arty system with point requirement is several people in each faction will just farm alternate characters for points so they can use the best arties.

You could also add an item or items for controlling sigils. ears with + 2 all res or something.
PM me or contact me on discord mortoburger#5040
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
Buying Tailor/Smith resets in bulk.
Silent Shadow

Post by Silent Shadow »

Loler wrote:20 minute stat loss..
3-5 min skil loss
Loler wrote:All thats going to happen if you add the standard faction arty system with point requirement is several people in each faction will just farm alternate characters for points so they can use the best artie
you can gain faction points from one enemy only several times
Loler

Post by Loler »

you can add character to faction every week and farm 6 points per char.

skill loss on osi was 20 minutes is it 5 minutes here i havent joined factions cause no reason to.
PM me or contact me on discord mortoburger#5040
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
Buying Tailor/Smith resets in bulk.
Brad

Post by Brad »

Factions on OSI during AoS included a 20 minute stat loss. On the other hand, Faction Base PvP was some of the most fun I ever had in this game, I remember a couple of fights lasting well over 8 hours, constant back and forth.