Eos, can we have an official statement please?

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
pegasus321

Re: Eos, can we have an official statement please?

Post by pegasus321 »

You have still yet to show anywhere that Demise claimed to be an OSI clone. Until you do i cannot consider your posts to be productive. To me you seem like a self entitled cry baby.

Let me ask you a question.
Have you ever spent 5+ hours working out a complex mathematical problem? Do you know the sense of accomplishment you get from getting the correct answer? This is the same thing. Should High school dropouts complain to the school board that i can do upper division calculus based physics and they can't? Is the system rigged? NO, you need to do the prerequisite before you jump to the end game.

Let me start a new FF7 game and complain to square enix that i can't kill Ruby weapon.

Spawns/PVP are the end game on demise, new players should not attempt it unless they are prepared to fail.
Last edited by pegasus321 on February 10th, 2017, 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tanya likes this.
zulu2401

Post by zulu2401 »

Jesus fuckin baby Zeus ...... Opy you are so dense it's unreal. Who the fuck ties you're shoe laces man. How can anyone be so ignorant and be allowed to operate a fuckin computer by their family. You can't even answer comments. It's like you miss the entire point people try to make with you.
kolbycrouch

Post by kolbycrouch »

Demise is intended to be OSI accurate.

Nobody needs to make an official statement, because it's been made many times before.
Tempest likes this.
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

kolbycrouch wrote:Demise is intended to be OSI accurate.

Nobody needs to make an official statement, because it's been made many times before.
....... and you want us to believe you?
You?
A corrupt GM

.....okay if you say so I believe you
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
Vitek-

Post by Vitek- »

"Let me start a new FF7 game and complain to square enix that i can't kill Ruby weapon. "

That made me lol.

@Opy I thought demise was gonna be hard a.f. but if you social network a little bit and get some starting gear it's not that bad. You make 120k gold, buy 60k boards and train fletch/carp afk on three accounts, then just run HW until you have a spawner suit.

I'm here for 32 days and I've gotten on pretty well. Most of my money was made doing HW (with the exception of that one time I got an Ari and sold it). My guild helped me out with some armor but it wasn't anything major.
Discord: Critical#2911
fish, bass
pegasus321 likes this.
kolbycrouch

Post by kolbycrouch »

Bama wrote:
kolbycrouch wrote:Demise is intended to be OSI accurate.

....... and you want us to believe you?
You?
A corrupt GM

.....okay if you say so I believe you
I'm not even sure if I believe me....
Gargl Kark

Post by Gargl Kark »

This will be my one and only post to this topic.
  • You build a house. When done, you invite people to enjoy this house, for free.
  • You organize volunteers to have it all nice and clean and from time to time some free extra candy for the people.
  • People come to your house. They take the candy. Some don't like the interior.
  • Someone hands you a petition that states how your interior spoils the life of the people you invited.
  • They want you to change your interior so that it looks exactly like the interior of another house.
  • 90% of conversations now evolve around the interior design. No candy left.
  • Someone wants you to declare officially that your house is your house.
  • You leave and go to a bar.
Whoever runs the shard, designs the shard.
That's all there is.
Whammy | Timezone: GMT+2

2020-09-17: SALE | Jewels List
Shallan

Post by Shallan »

Vitek- wrote:" (with the exception of that one time I got an Ari and sold it). My guild helped me out with some armor but it wasn't anything major.
Lets start...
u are 32 days here
u got ari worht like 60kk cause u spawned with ur guild and its not a major thing ari... nope.... guild that is biggest zerg guild on the server helping makes demise not easy.. rofl

ohhh wait...its quite easy on demise :D

UABOF - Users against Bullshit on forum.
Vitek-

Post by Vitek- »

Moral of the story - join a guild, and play the game. Eventually you will get some nice stuff. If you don't have/want a guild, you can pretty much just HW quest and buy the items you need rather than farming them yourself. It will just take longer.

BTW, Hz isn't active all day every day. We might log on a bunch of people and camp a dungeon sometimes but what's stopping other guilds from doing that? ReQ seems to get a lot of stuff done in game. Sounds like people just need to band together more. I enjoy how triggered everyone gets though.
Discord: Critical#2911
fish, bass
Demise Vet

Post by Demise Vet »

ive been here 4282 days and ive never seen anyone cry osi so much wtf opy just shut the hell up or go back to osi theres your solution go back to osi leave demise alone bye bye
Eos
Demise Administrator

Post by Eos »

"OSI, but better" is the best and simplest description that can be given for Demise. This has always been the shard's motto, even back when Demise was the RunUO testing grounds.

Currently, "OSI during Mondain's Legacy, but better" would probably be more accurate. Initially this cut-off point was established to focus on completing RunUO's Mondain's Legacy support before moving on to later content. Now, it is probably more due to the fact the majority of the playerbase dislikes the game changing Stygian Abyss expansion (for a number of players it's probably the reason they left OSI) and we have no intention of adding it here.

The "but better" part is an intentionally vague term that not only safeguards us from blindly copying OSI bugs (like item duplication), but it also allows us to make better game decisions if we see a great need for it in terms of game balance. Custom changes are kept to a minimum to preserve the general feel and experience of OSI.

In summation, Demise is not an OSI clone, but it strives to be OSI-like as much as possible, except when OSI-like interferes with the type of shard the staff and players want Demise to be.
Eos
UOGDemise - Administrator

Please do not PM me for general support.
If you are experiencing game issues please send a help request in-game.

Thank you for your continued support of UOG: Demise.
kolbycrouch

Post by kolbycrouch »

Last edited by kolbycrouch on February 11th, 2017, 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kolbycrouch

Post by kolbycrouch »

Eos wrote: Custom changes are kept to a minimum to preserve the general feel and experience of OSI.
So um...

It's an OSI-clone.
Anthony File

Post by Anthony File »

kolbycrouch wrote:
Eos wrote: Custom changes are kept to a minimum to preserve the general feel and experience of OSI.
So um...

It's an OSI-clone.
But better..