I wouldnt piss on this if it was on fire...

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
Bad Religion

Re: I wouldnt piss on this if it was on fire...

Post by Bad Religion »

Mr Nobody wrote:there yah go hate a person for doing his job so just goes to show that you sir are a cheater
no one said anything about hate. I liked the christmas gifts and I like the gms they are nice, they just have no clue what they are doing sometimes in regards to the pvp side of things, so saying they are doing a good job is in fact false.
Mr Nobody

Post by Mr Nobody »

that post was meant for beermoney not you sir
Amish Hammer

Post by Amish Hammer »

Its kinda hard to be creative with events when you are stuck to a certain era of the game aswell as its hard to keep people happy with the limited items they have since they cant just start making custom items for players. they also need to try and make everyone happy, while enforcing the rules, and doing stuff in personal life, and doing it all for free. You can cut them alittle bit of slack, gotta have that holiday spirit and just enjoy the game. Or just hold your own events if you dont like the ones they hold for you.
Discord: Amish#1299
TheUnknown0617

Post by TheUnknown0617 »

Amish Hammer wrote:Its kinda hard to be creative with events when you are stuck to a certain era of the game aswell as its hard to keep people happy with the limited items they have since they cant just start making custom items for players. they also need to try and make everyone happy, while enforcing the rules, and doing stuff in personal life, and doing it all for free. You can cut them alittle bit of slack, gotta have that holiday spirit and just enjoy the game. Or just hold your own events if you dont like the ones they hold for you.
yeh back in the day we had tons of player run events, but now everyone is a dick so we cant anymore lol
'It isn't just my guild ... It's a group of friends guild"
-Centurian

Vendor!! https://www.uogdemise.com/community/vie ... =8&t=26620

Discord - outsider#7479
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

All I see is cry... We need imposter Zulu back so at least there's some entertainment to add to the constant crying.
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Maloskies

Post by Maloskies »

Give me some ideas for player ran pvp events that people cant abuse.

Pvp is the most dead I've seen it since I've joined demise a couple years ago.

Also thanks staff for the free ncd/pet bonding deeds :).
Discord: Maloskies#2094
Bad Religion

Post by Bad Religion »

harrower assault

the large dueling pits you can customize weird options like only certain spells or specials/items etc and create different "game modes" from those. Like:
magic arrow/xxxspell only with lesser heal pots only to heal.
Alchemist duels where you can only use pots for everything(no spells or bandages)
etc

Unload all t2a champs onto bucs den island
Llama Vortex

Post by Llama Vortex »

Amish Hammer wrote:Its kinda hard to be creative with events when you are stuck to a certain era of the game aswell as its hard to keep people happy with the limited items they have since they cant just start making custom items for players. they also need to try and make everyone happy, while enforcing the rules, and doing stuff in personal life, and doing it all for free. You can cut them alittle bit of slack, gotta have that holiday spirit and just enjoy the game. Or just hold your own events if you dont like the ones they hold for you.

Some ideas for events and overall improvement of the fun:

Make people use the current available locations. I can't remember the last time I had motivation to visit Ilshenar, for example. Sosaria map is large and underused.

Make monsters more powerful and a little bit more intelligent, with area effect damage and spawning on different regions. Don't make them periodic, and easily killable using a double click macro or a cast 'fireball' 'enemy' one.

Spawn powerful mobs inside random felluca dungeons, give a reason to go to Shame - for instance - besides killing endless amounts of blood elementals.

Make high-end mobs appear on random locations of the map, with decent loot so people have motivation to explore and play the game instead of doing the same thing over and over again, with 10 accounts collecting bods.

... I could go on and on, but is just a waste of time.
Bad Religion and Bng like this.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

Llama Vortex wrote:Repetitive, macroable, boring events as usual
then dont play that bit, play other bits
TheUnknown0617 wrote: but now everyone is a dick so we cant anymore lol
started when we lost Phil and GOLD...

Llama has a point about using the rest of the map, but i dont think you should change it, maybe give quests to kill certain mobs, and people will be like "i know where those spawn..."

you know what would help the community more than changing the game rules tho? players being nice. especially at Christmas!

the ribbon's not that bad, it's just filler innit?
cant give every pressie as awesome or it wont be awesome
Llama Vortex

Post by Llama Vortex »

Here it comes the Christmas police. You are right, let's be nice for a few more days so Santa can't take his presents back from us.

It seems like your solutions are always: if you don't like it, then just don't do it, which is receipt for status quo.

I didn't start my criticism out of the blue, but only after seeing the overwhelming lack of motivation to improve this shard that is shown by staff.

In your way of seeing things, the way we can help this community is by not saying saying shit about the absence of test center, or lack of real interest in fixing broken game mechanics that: shits all over PvP and encourages BOTing, or the perpetuation of events in which 90% of players use macros in order to participate (with little or no human intervention).

No we just need to put Calvin's pink glasses and just stay really positive guys!
Bad Religion likes this.
Frasier

Post by Frasier »

You should behave kindly. If not, you may meet Krampus.

Just saying....
Amish Hammer likes this.
Bad Religion

Post by Bad Religion »

dont think they care as they are among the hundreds of good pvpers that dont really play here anymore.. but yah let's stay positive guys!
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

it occurs to me that the problem with christmas town, is that the only people playing are people having a bad time by definition