Mage / Necro / Spellweave / Tamer - need advice.

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
zulu2401

Re: Mage / Necro / Spellweave / Tamer - need advice.

Post by zulu2401 »

gonthrax wrote:No need to damage Cu before taming. Set up a tame last macro, cast a ton of paralyze fields so it can't move around freely and tame away. Just stay 1 tile away from it at all times so it won't bite you when the para breaks.
It's OK they don't eat much :D
Mister Pink

Re: Mage / Necro / Spellweave - need advice.

Post by Mister Pink »

Girion wrote:
kobra wrote:110 at
110 al
120 magery
120 eval / wrestling
120 ss
100 nec
100 sw

bloodwood, scrappers +12 skill, midnight bracers, cristaline ring.
Thats 780 skill cap. I have 710 / as said I'm new player.
And these items, I managed to get cash for bloodwood talisman, and got scrapper 1fc/1fcr/10lmc/25SDI.

So far I went for :
110 AL
110 AT
100 Magery
110 SS
100 Nec
100 eval
80 Veterinary

And everytime I'm asking someone to tame a cu cidhe for me, it dies when I'm unlucky to encounter 2 paragons at once. Now One is slowly bonding itself till next sunday. Probably I have to learn how to tame one myself. Its realy hard with simple EQ I got.

I got LRC 100 / LMC 10 / SDI 25 and brac/ring 2fc /6 fcr. Thats it.

Could you guys advise me further on what spells i should use first to dmg Cu cidhe and how to tame it?
Your first vet rewards should be spent on soulstones. I'd put this character you created on the shelf. He won't be efficient at spawns. You need to be fast and efficient as a solo person working on the spawns. The quicker you are the better chance you have of doing it undetected. Spellweaving is where it's at. Be used to the idea that you'll work for an hour soloing a spawn and then a large guild will come in last minute, kill the boss, take all the scrolls, and the artifact. Leaving you with nothing to show for your efforts. If you're ok with that outcome happening 9/10 feel free to solo spawns other than Coon. Even doing coon you'll probably be successful a little under half the time. Your chances of success increase if the pvp guilds are occupied with another event, time of day, and if your extremely efficient. If your just looking to do spawning for fun, do it on the test center to start with. Once you become efficient or good then take it to the live server.

If the Cu's sole purpose is spawning then you won't need taming or lore on that character. Basically you train the Cu's wrestling to max, and then poison it till you get to 95 heal. You can evil omen, poison it to increase the poison strength as well. The Cu isn't a weapon, but more of something that just stays behind you while you're in wraith form, passively healing you and occasionally acting as your shield.
zulu2401 likes this.
Girion

Post by Girion »

i came to conclusion that i need first to get a char that makes cash and are able to farm, tamer seamed to be easiest to do. i probably have to do a warrior or archer.
Mister Pink

Post by Mister Pink »

Girion wrote:i came to conclusion that i need first to get a char that makes cash and are able to farm, tamer seamed to be easiest to do. i probably have to do a warrior or archer.
That character's not bad to do peerless with. It sounds like you want to follow the rules to make gold. Good for you. I recommend the boring process of bod resets. Sell the bod resets or do them yourself. With 4 accounts you can just have most your characters log out top floor at luna bank and collect them on the hour. After you get enough gold to suit your character then pursue the thing you want to enjoy most in the game. To me it was spawning/pvp. It takes less time now to get up and running than it did in the past with all the items that are available. Don't waste your time doing spawns until your ready. Don't be afraid to try out the test center to improve your skills. Once you get good at taking on the spawn it will be more manageable when you get raided.
gonthrax

Post by gonthrax »

zulu2401 wrote:
gonthrax wrote:No need to damage Cu before taming. Set up a tame last macro, cast a ton of paralyze fields so it can't move around freely and tame away. Just stay 1 tile away from it at all times so it won't bite you when the para breaks.
It's OK they don't eat much :D
xG00BERx

Post by xG00BERx »

Join HZ I hear they need more players and have gingerbread man on lock down +if you ever get raided at a spawn you'll have 8+ niggas run in if you get raided by even 1 kid.
#ProTip
zulu2401

Post by zulu2401 »

xG00BERx wrote:Join HZ I hear they need more players and have gingerbread man on lock down +if you ever get raided at a spawn you'll have 8+ niggas run in if you get raided by even 1 kid.
#ProTip
Attachments
FB_IMG_1452807545287.jpg
FB_IMG_1452807545287.jpg (32.86 KiB) Viewed 5377 times
RareSeller likes this.
Girion

Post by Girion »

Alright, I've managed to setup a character that is tamer with necro and magery.

AT 110
AL 110
Necro 100
SS 110 (10 from braclet)
Magery 95
Spellweaving 95
Veterinary 90
----
skillcap 700 (15 days acc).

Stats 125/10/90 (stat cap 225).

I got 100 LRC, 40 LMC, 50 SDI, reses on 60ish. Got my Cu CIdhe and GD bonded.

My tactics to fight is to put pet on guard, case Arcane Empowerement, curse skin on target and poison strike on single targets, and wither when 3+. Gift of renewal / life on pet constantly.

I would say my char is ready to go, but next questions are:

1. Shall I continue to farm gold by killing mobs quite fast and efficient ? (I manage to do 50-80k an hour).
2. What monsters I can challenge solo ?
3. If I have group, I should rather focus on champions? or Bosses? Or Perless?

This post is rather question for an advice, for now I managed to find out Titan/Ettin spawns, Blood dungeon, Miasma and been on doom - but on doom I can see only roten corpses that are worth killing with their 1.5k gold in loot. (I have tried to gather 1000 bones, not sure what comes after that, I wasn't able to do that in 2 hours).
BannerBruce

Post by BannerBruce »

Kup czaszkę do doom xd
P-nut Galleryy

Post by P-nut Galleryy »

Girion wrote:This post is rather question for an advice, for now I managed to find out Titan/Ettin spawns, Blood dungeon, Miasma and been on doom - but on doom I can see only roten corpses that are worth killing with their 1.5k gold in loot. (I have tried to gather 1000 bones, not sure what comes after that, I wasn't able to do that in 2 hours).
Collect the 1000 demon bones and turn them in to the Sorceress then kill the bone demon in doom for a gold skull to go to the gauntlet. That's where the money is in doom. Them rotting corpses definitely aren't where the money is.
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

Girion wrote: (I have tried to gather 1000 bones, I wasn't able to do that in 2 hours).

-mark a rune close to the bell
-mark a rune in the Sorceress area
-recall to the bell area
-ring the bell
-recall to the Sorceress area
-wait for the skeletal dragon to spawn
-kill the skeletal dragon
-collect the 50 bones
-you can hand the bones in to Victoria as you get them
-repeat
Girion wrote: not sure what comes after that.
http://www.uoguide.com/The_Summoning

http://www.uoguide.com/Doom
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
ortiz likes this.
P-nut Galleryy

Post by P-nut Galleryy »

^ that sounds much easier
Girion

Post by Girion »

So basically "gauntlet" area was open for some time for everyone, I was running around the areas killing mobs and when father's repeat death I still had nothing. My friend told me I had to have 100 points that make me get an artifact, but I was doing it in circles for 2 hours and got nothing.
Obviously this should spawn in my backpack ye? And about getting these points, I don't have luck set - most of people running around got luck set obviously too early for me to think about it. And again about getting these points, do I even have a chance to get it? And how do I know how much of these points I have / get by killing mobs. Does it show anywhere?
P-nut Galleryy

Post by P-nut Galleryy »

I'm pretty new to this myself. I know I have spent maybe 5 hours in the gauntlet and have received 2 artifacts. Both were pretty worthless ones, but I think the one you get is random. I just use a tamer with magery so you are probably doing more damage than I am. I don't think you can actually see how many points you have, but as long as you have rights to loot than you have a chance at the artifact drop. In the "Cartographer and Scribe" section of the forums is a pretty detailed write up on how it works.
Girion

Post by Girion »

hi thanks for answer, i did read the guide yesterday just after my post. I still dont know if i get art in my backpack or i should run to the monster body :)

from the other hand i had a great help from a friend finding out Perless key gathering and bosses, so far im afraid to do that solo but after all this is mmo ;)