Topic Closed

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
Kush Tailored

Topic Closed

Post by Kush Tailored »

So my new HP notebook came in and it's giving me this error:
error.png
error.png (11.33 KiB) Viewed 3390 times
when trying to use UOS to log into Demise.

The drivers have been fully updated and tried researching the problem for hours and nothing has worked.

Specs: Intel i7 -7700 HQ
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050/Intel HD Graphics 630

I've tried running older compatibility modes, uninstalling and running a clean install for drivers, and many many other things.

Let the troubleshooting begin!
Last edited by Kush Tailored on March 11th, 2017, 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Discord: Kain#3638
Kush Tailored

Re: New laptop gives OpenGL Error... Who has the brains to figure this out?

Post by Kush Tailored »

Yea that didn't work. I tried that earlier and it said my system didn't meet the minimum requirements for that driver.
Veteran Noobie

Post by Veteran Noobie »

perhaps you can try to use a older version that is more stable of gpu driver - sometimes new driver's have bugs!
Always trying to be honest and helpful, if you have a question or need help please do not bother to ask!

Watch me shine, For I have been in darkness for too long.
Kush Tailored

Post by Kush Tailored »

Veteran Noobie wrote:perhaps you can try to use a older version that is more stable of gpu driver - sometimes new driver's have bugs!
I've tried to install older versions after wiping the other out 1st and i've always gotten an error that the install could not be completed :/

It's a damn shame but i'm thinking I may have to downgrade the laptop just to play this outdated game smh :stick:
Veteran Noobie

Post by Veteran Noobie »

when you tried this, did you try to run the installer as admin? ;)
Always trying to be honest and helpful, if you have a question or need help please do not bother to ask!

Watch me shine, For I have been in darkness for too long.
Kush Tailored

Post by Kush Tailored »

Veteran Noobie wrote:when you tried this, did you try to run the installer as admin? ;)
lol of course.
Kush Tailored

Post by Kush Tailored »

So I downloaded razor for sh*ts and giggles and I can log into demise fine using that. The problem lies within UOS and my driver.
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

It's most likely just uos problem not a driver issue. Steam gives a lot errors that razor doesn't. It's too bad kraz quit supporting it.
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Kush Tailored

Post by Kush Tailored »

The Silvertiger wrote:It's most likely just uos problem not a driver issue. Steam gives a lot errors that razor doesn't. It's too bad kraz quit supporting it.
That's the conclusion i've come to after seeing someone else put a post up on these forums with the exact same problem. He mentioned his wife was running a 900 series GPU so I might just downgrade to an Asus Rog or something with the 900 series to play UOS