UO's funnest skill ever

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
TheBeef

UO's funnest skill ever

Post by TheBeef »

I have acquired a new skill that I really love using. It's called herding. It allows me to move highly aggressive tamable from one place to another, which I consider to be the most fun aspect of UO. However, the damnedest thing keeps happening. I tried to move these tameables to a better place, perhaps to safely tame, and they aggro onto these AFK farmers. I have 100 herding, but I can't seem to get them off the AFK ass-clown until that player is dead. It never seems to affect players who are actually playing, as they easily invis or hide, or leave the screen long enough for me to re-herd the beast. I guess its just collateral damage that occurs when a lawful player is trying to use a valid skill to play the game within the rules provided on the shard.
Servos, Amish Hammer and Ajani like this.
MB

Re: UO's funnest skill ever

Post by MB »

Reported for griefing. Enjoy your ban.
Vitek- and Supercreep like this.
Ajani

Post by Ajani »

MB wrote:Reported for griefing. Enjoy your ban.
things happen
Made In Quebec wrote:Some people's pleasure are sticking vegetables up their asses. While it's not my personal cup of tea, they can do as they please, since it's their asshole's.

I find this quite entertaining.
Casting is shit
TheBeef

Post by TheBeef »

That is not griefing. That is the valid use of an in-game skill with unintended consequences. And, the reasons those consequences exist is in fact the cheating of other players. I am confident I have broken no rules.
suiris

Post by suiris »

It is against the shard rules. If you read them carefully you will notice that is against the rules to lure monsters to another player in trammel ruleset facets.
Do not grief other players.

In Trammel ruleset facets this includes:
Luring monsters, pet releasing
Note: you will receive murder counts for this
http://www.uogdemise.com/community/view ... hp?f=4&t=6

AFK farming is also against the rules but it is not your job to punish those who brake it.
TheBeef

Post by TheBeef »

Yeah, I know the rule. I am not luring a monster onto anyone. I am herding a monster to a location and they catch aggro on the way. If they weren't there illegally, then they wouldn't catch aggro.
royal kapero2

Post by royal kapero2 »

I see, you categorize players for lawful and criminals, like disabled and abled people, and since you claim to be lawful, begin from reporting yourself because you've just crossed the line of a good trammie.
suiris

Post by suiris »

TheBeef wrote: I am not luring a monster onto anyone. I am herding a monster to a location and they catch aggro on the way. If they weren't there illegally, then they wouldn't catch aggro.
This is basically the same as saying:

Your honor i did not hit that pedestrian, i was just pressing the accelerator and the car happened to hit him. It is not my fault he was in the way of the car.
TheBeef

Post by TheBeef »

That is correct. And if you were breaking no laws at the time, and the pedestrian was asleep in the middle of the road, you are unlikely to be prosecuted, as you have not committed a crime.
Ajani likes this.
zulu2401

Post by zulu2401 »

TheBeef wrote:That is correct. And if you were breaking no laws at the time, and the pedestrian was asleep in the middle of the road, you are unlikely to be prosecuted, as you have not committed a crime.
Opywang is judge and jury here. Together you can overthrow demise create new laws and loop holes.