The shard

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
AR9221

Re: The shard

Post by AR9221 »

The Silvertiger wrote:The only way to fix the economy is by the player base actively dropping prices. For instance: pof's have dropped in price.

If people want to fix the economy quit being greedy. It now takes less time to farm a gold skull than it used to. It's all just a matter of someone putting in the effort. Staff don't need to make another gold sink. Players need to quit being greedy.
That sounds incredible but the part you are missing is most faggots here that sell items for hundred millions, also run desperately to pick a 110 power scroll, when someone drops it at luna bank expecting to help some newbie.
MaZa and bjeb2478 like this.
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

AR9221 wrote:
The Silvertiger wrote:The only way to fix the economy is by the player base actively dropping prices. For instance: pof's have dropped in price.

If people want to fix the economy quit being greedy. It now takes less time to farm a gold skull than it used to. It's all just a matter of someone putting in the effort. Staff don't need to make another gold sink. Players need to quit being greedy.
That sounds incredible but the part you are missing is most faggots here that sell items for hundred millions, also run desperately to pick a 110 power scroll, when someone drops it at luna bank expecting to help some newbie.
Oh, I know this, but that is the solution. I applaud people like Tanya and Amish for not being greedy.
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Tanya and AR9221 like this.
bjeb2478

Post by bjeb2478 »

so i ask again could an admin of the shard please come into this thread and give us a little incite as to what will or maybe going to be happening with the shard please?
The Silvertiger wrote:Monk's a scammer!? No way!
Monia

Post by Monia »

bjeb2478 wrote:so i ask again could an admin of the shard please come into this thread and give us a little incite as to what will or maybe going to be happening with the shard please?
Ok let me explain, Ryan is not responding.
I am personally keeping the server up.
I cant put up the dona store.
Summer fest is coming soon.

-Eos
Monia

Post by Monia »

oops I didn't mean to post that on my player account.......
Supercreep

Post by Supercreep »

Not that this has anything to do with anything,

But sometimes I miss the old days.

Power/Might/Vanq

No factions, only Order/Chaos

No Trammel/Insurance

House keys. People could camp your front door hidden, sneak in when you opened the door and kill you in your living room.

There was a thrill every time you left town. Always an element of risk that just doesn't exist anymore. It made the game much more fun.

*Shrugs*
Sereis

Post by Sereis »

I'd be ok with a captcha system.
Last edited by Sereis on August 4th, 2017, 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
april0395 likes this.
Tanya

Post by Tanya »

desalonne wrote:Problem with that idea is then you deter people from using the crafting options that are there for them + the established players who are incredibly wealthy and have been here forever dominate and flood the market with those and not only gain the advantage but then decrease the value of the people farming them via bods to make money to get started.
AR9221 wrote:
Tanya wrote:Add NPC for selling BRSK, HW saw, Gold, Verite and Valorite hammers and maybe this is a good idea for gold sink?
sorry, that's a terrible idea, you do gold sink by selling players cosmetic stuff, not high end gear.
Ok you didn't like my idea selling runics from NPC. Of course not selling brsk for 3kk :) You can make better price, for example brsk=30kk, verite hammer = 100kk. Anyways you need hundreds and hundreds of runics to make high end gear...

But I have another crazy suggestion how to make economy stable: :popcorn:

Make AFK gathering resources legal (all resources, mining, lumberjacking, fishing, skinning etc. - nerf everything and make it legal gathering on 4 accounts (this is something I saw on another shard).
Make AFK gold farming from monsters legal (nerf gold loot).
Make luring monsters on players in tram legal!!!
AFK collecting bods, turning in BODS, HW quest farming on 4 accounts etc. - nerf everything and make it legal.

As result GM's dont need to spend their time to monitor AFK players, and everyone will have enough resources and gold and over time gold will lose its value.
People will trade more, for example they will not sell CC or crystalline ring for gold but rather will trade it for something of the same value, for example 120 magery or archery powerscroll.
Orny trade for Ari robe or Gladiator or MKP5, high-end gear and jewelry they will trade for other arties like trinkets, stuff like that.
:coffee:
Peerless Hunter
Guide to Whammy - viewtopic.php?f=10&t=314
My youtube channel - /watch?v=sx5zGCbILtA
Weekly Bedlam Spawns - viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9131
Necrodog

Post by Necrodog »

Prices should be high... it's really easy for people to get away with afk farming gold/heartwood kits.
Tanya

Post by Tanya »

I think prices are so high because smart players figured out what are best items in game and they keep prices high.
For example 1 player had 50 quivers and 20 ornies and 10 trinkets (I dont wanna say names), and he can keep those prices high.
Something like in real life, orny and trinket is like house or appartment IRL, and smart players invest all their gold in items like that.
Peerless Hunter
Guide to Whammy - viewtopic.php?f=10&t=314
My youtube channel - /watch?v=sx5zGCbILtA
Weekly Bedlam Spawns - viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9131
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

As for the suggestion, Tanya, what about poor ole Amish, who has never been afk while gathering a day in his life?
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

The Silvertiger wrote:what about poor ole Amish,

http://youtu.be/8i5OrcxwFUA
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
AR9221

Post by AR9221 »

Here you go a gold sink idea: A lottery system, once per week, it can be before server wars or whenever. One ticket per character, 1kk per ticket, you can set 1st, 2nd and 3rd prizes.
Rewards: Rare dyes, mounts, deco stuff and items from the donors store (until it is back online).

I offer to code it myself, C# is not what I work with, but I'm sure I can handle it, at least something that can be polished by current dev later on.
Duque

Post by Duque »

bjeb2478 wrote:When is something going to happen with this shard! Prices are insane 200k for a gold skull? 100kk for a fucking orny? shits just crazy. we need a gold sink. Bring darksides out again, do cub, do something. How are we supposed to get new players etc when they log on come in and say "hi whats an orny worth" 100kk Hmmm yeah cya. I cant be the only one who thinks this is stupid. and nothing against the staff i know you all have lives and such but ain't it about time we had more staff on here? a page gets sent in and people can be waiting for a day or 2 before they get a reply. we hardly ever see them reply to posts on here to questions I'm guessing we all want answers too? a little more interaction from the staff would be appreciated. i hope at least one staff member reply's to this just to give us maybe a little incite into whats to come for demise or do we all sell our shit to Alvin for real money and move on quick before the shard dies an unjust death.
hi, let me tell you my experience after 9 mouths in the shard. At the begining i also had that impression too...prices are insane....but if you play, with time you will see that the best thing on Demise is the balanced economy it have, you can buy everything with money, here the money have a value.....and you get in the economy in the instant you get a value object and selling it:

Mining: getting ecrus....100 ecrus 3kk, also selling minerals
Pvm: doing Doom (orny, bane legging, aof,...), doing perless (crimson, crystaline,...), champs t2a (archery, eval, magery 120, sash, gladi..)
Tailor/blacksmith: getting reset bot and selling it
Solen quest: doing it to get sending bag and sell it
Lumberjacking: getting wood and selling it
Heartwood quest: selling saw and fletching runics

So the most important thing is to raise the first character and SPEND time on the server. Also you can ask for help to start in Luna or discord channel, there will be a lot of player to give you some help and answer your question.

After 9 mouths i could say that i have almost everything you can get in the server, and i am in one of the top guild.

So i suggest you to stay in demise give time to time and i am sure that your opinion will change.
"Los que no aprenden de la historia estan condenados a repetirla"
"Who don't learn from history is condemn to repeat it"

Demise' Discord channel
Duque#6737
bjeb2478

Post by bjeb2478 »

i have been on this server for years dude there aint nothing i need on this shard dude but 6 months to a year ago ya could buy an orny for 40kk and all other prices have shot up this shard has been fucked over dude due to the loss of the donation store and other things dude the main thing i would like more than anything is if the staff could just give us an update if anything is actually going to happen or if were just going to be left to it and see what happens
The Silvertiger wrote:Monk's a scammer!? No way!