Why is some exploits allowed?

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
atomic chicken

Re: Why is some exploits allowed?

Post by atomic chicken »

Veteran Noobie wrote:since when is demise a osi clone? :beathorse:
It used to be advertised as one I remember the motto was like "closest thing to osi without playing osi" or something like that but that was like 6-8 years ago. Also someone posted a thread that they said they wanted to be osi but better. Meaning they'll keep it osi-like except for the shit they don't want to keep like osi.
Necrodog

Post by Necrodog »

Correct. This is why even if it was there should be bonded mounts.
Tempest

Post by Tempest »

atomic chicken wrote:
It used to be advertised as one I remember the motto was like "closest thing to osi without playing osi" or something like that but that was like 6-8 years ago. Also someone posted a thread that they said they wanted to be osi but better. Meaning they'll keep it osi-like except for the shit they don't want to keep like osi.

"Osi-like, but better".
I T-Bagged Vander's corpse and he came back from the dead and attempted to bite my nutsack.
atomic chicken likes this.
Necrodog

Post by Necrodog »

atomic chicken wrote:Cu's aren't balanced bc it heals your owner, so those are free heals.
So that's it? You only get the heal once in a while, and only if you jump off it to initiate it. It can't even hold a candle to minihealing.

It's not overpowered at all.
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

atomic chicken wrote:

http://www.uogdemise.com/community/view ... ter#p25558

Eos wrote: In summation, Demise is not an OSI clone, but it strives to be OSI-like as much as possible, except when OSI-like interferes with the type of shard the staff and players want Demise to be.
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
atomic chicken

Post by atomic chicken »

Necrodog wrote:
atomic chicken wrote:Cu's aren't balanced bc it heals your owner, so those are free heals.
So that's it? You only get the heal once in a while, and only if you jump off it to initiate it. It can't even hold a candle to minihealing.

It's not overpowered at all.
Uh i had more, i just didnt wanna retype everything bc my phone fucked up and didnt post it for some reason. But tbh it's a pointless argument, the devs won't change, especially if a group as big as hz doesn't want the change (basing this off morto saying no one in hz supports this) also some kvg don't support the change as well, so the idea is unlikely to get any traction.
atomic chicken

Post by atomic chicken »

Tempest wrote:
atomic chicken wrote:

"Osi-like, but better".
Right, this means the argument would be "what is considered better." It was a response to morto's "Bama only one describing osi." It doesn't matter though, I doubt staff will change it.
Legacy

Post by Legacy »

Necrodog wrote:Why? Because you're too stubborn to just bond a mount? LOL you've played this shard for like 50 years and you dont have a tamer?
I have bonded nightmares in all of my characters.
Necrodog wrote:
You just need100 people.
I am not Hz.

As fro the rest... really, what you want is to keep unkillable pets because you can't handle being dismounted and think everyone else is equally unable to handle it. My swamp dragon rarely dies if I am alive. Learn to play the game instead of exploiting game mechanics, or revert past fixes which had similar effects, such as no necro vampiric form sampires.

However, now that we are talking about exploits, lets remind another one Hz loves to exploit: wildfire. I bet you think its balanced too, yeah?
Eos wrote: In summation, Demise is not an OSI clone, but it strives to be OSI-like as much as possible, except when OSI-like interferes with the type of shard the staff and players want Demise to be.
I see. So there's really no point in pointing out balance fixes because people will not want those fixes. I am done here, then.
Lucifall
Bad Religion likes this.
Vander Nars

Post by Vander Nars »

Fuck support, bug need to fix regardless who likes it or hates it. No other game dev ask premission to fix bugs.
Bad Religion

Post by Bad Religion »

Server needs staff that actually answers pages and questions/concerns on forums. Instead of making us seems like every suggestion made or bug report goes unread or ignored.

Also I 100% believe they just default to what Hz thinks as that's how it should be. Go back and look at the original thread trying to get this changed, where everyone wanted it fixed, staff never responded. Then an Hz guy posts saying no one wants this change and the gm who is very ignorant on the subject like his post and then quoted and agreed with them and never posted again.

Def some corruption or just incompetence going on and is to be expected, but not sure which one is more concerning.
Loler

Post by Loler »

Well considering as the forum must know by now I am gm fethers Bama is selene and mb is gm john.

Also I haven't been playing alot lately but whenever we are in a fight brunus and its close to even you usually get dismounted i kill your swampy in 1 or 2 hits. To say your swampy rarely dies must mean you are playing vs alot of shitty players or haven't been playing alot since the QA/Loop alliance was broken. I guess when you arent fielding 25+ people its not fun anymore.
PM me or contact me on discord mortoburger#5040
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
Buying Tailor/Smith resets in bulk.
Fethers
Demise Staff Member [Retired]

Post by Fethers »

Bad Religion wrote:Server needs staff that actually answers pages and questions/concerns on forums. Instead of making us seems like every suggestion made or bug report goes unread or ignored.

Also I 100% believe they just default to what Hz thinks as that's how it should be. Go back and look at the original thread trying to get this changed, where everyone wanted it fixed, staff never responded. Then an Hz guy posts saying no one wants this change and the gm who is very ignorant on the subject like his post and then quoted and agreed with them and never posted again.

Def some corruption or just incompetence going on and is to be expected, but not sure which one is more concerning.
I assure you most of us read this board every day, certainly everything in general discussion is read by us.
However you just showed exactly why we dont usually respond to everything we read when the very next sentence you called us ignorant and corrupt all because one of us clicked like on someones post that you didnt agree with.
Fethers
UOGamers: Demise - Game Master

Please do not PM me for support.
If you are experiencing game issues please page for a staff member in-game.

Thank you for your continued support of UOGamers: Demise.
Loler

Post by Loler »

Sometimes I like to like my own posts.
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
Vander Nars

Post by Vander Nars »

Fethers wrote:
Bad Religion wrote:Server needs staff that actually answers pages and questions/concerns on forums. Instead of making us seems like every suggestion made or bug report goes unread or ignored.

I assure you most of us read this board every day, certainly everything in general discussion is read by us.
However you just showed exactly why we dont usually respond to everything we read when the very next sentence you called us ignorant and corrupt all because one of us clicked like on someones post that you didnt agree with.
So you reply to an uphappy player to get the last word but we cant even get a statement from staff on their feelings about the tamer mounts bug? And you wonder why he feels the way he does.
Loler

Post by Loler »

Of course you aren't going to get an answer from a lower level staff member that doesn't have the powers to change the mount "exploit". That would be him talking out of turn instead he will talk about things that idiots like you cant quote and hold over his head making him put his foot in his mouth in the future.

The only person who is going to, if they decide to, answer these questions would be eos because in the end that's the person who decides if the change goes in. While she might inquire counsel from other gms on the subject they can't make the decision on their own so why make a blanket statement out of context that will get quoted by every single moronic retarded such as yourself?
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
royal kapero2 likes this.