Which rules can be broken?

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
Centurion

Re: Which rules can be broken?

Post by Centurion »

LURING!

Tram Side - NO

Fel Side - Hell Yea ... its a form of pking
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

i gotta be honest here, i dont see the problem with it.

releasing pets is another story, cos people can do that in areas where there should not be monsters, and people should be okay to afk there without having to worry about some dickhead that cant even loot them making them lose everything that's not insured.

that is a massive dick move, and that's what should be banned.

but things like luring rend to miasma... so what? if you are watching the game then it doesn't matter. just move away from rend. it's not exactly rocket science. if you're watching the game that is. lure it to another part of the dungeon, it should slowly walk back to it's spawn point once it un-targets anyway

i can only remember ever luring once, and that was on an idoc that was in the desert, and i lured a scorpion over to kill afk campers. but again, they shouldn't be afk. plus they shouldn't have stuff in their pack.

it literally just stopped them from grabbing items from the idoc while afk. they dont lose anything, and the monsters spawned close by.
had to reveal them like... but there's no rules against that :P

see the thing is, if people dont afk farm, then luring is kinda pointless anyway, cos they'll just walk away lol
that's why people do the luring, to mess up an afk farmer that would otherwise be scripting for like 2 weeks solid. so they come back to a ghost instead of billions of gold in the bank, i really dont see the problem.

i guess it depends if they are just doing it to troll, or as some kinda vigilante
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

All of them if you don't get caught....
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Veteran Noobie

Post by Veteran Noobie »

Made In Quebec wrote:I think I see an issue with your description of griefing.

If someone is farming in a dungeon, and remains stand up in one place, it's their own fault for not farming efficiently.

It does not stop anyone else, from coming to that dungeon to fight off the same monsters, and if it just happens that the fight was fierce and dangerous, sometimes it's normal that the mobs get drawn out of their spawn range.

When this happens, who's to blame?

The person who is not actively chasing the evil resident of the dungeons, and prefer to just wait for them to come back,

Or the person who valiently challenged the fierce creature, only to realize later of their overwhelming strenght, and chose the option of running away so their lives are spared?

Because she is your pal you will defend her, understandable. However griefing players by stealthing around and herding mobs around is the same thing as luring rend to misama and having the player killed, it should be punishable, however when youre friends of the adminitration what can you really expect? as its already been stated, the admins are players too, they have to maintain not only a admin position but also need to hold a social level with their character? bullshit!
Always trying to be honest and helpful, if you have a question or need help please do not bother to ask!

Watch me shine, For I have been in darkness for too long.
Veteran Noobie

Post by Veteran Noobie »

Calvin wrote:i gotta be honest here, i dont see the problem with it.

releasing pets is another story, cos people can do that in areas where there should not be monsters, and people should be okay to afk there without having to worry about some dickhead that cant even loot them making them lose everything that's not insured.

that is a massive dick move, and that's what should be banned.

but things like luring rend to miasma... so what? if you are watching the game then it doesn't matter. just move away from rend. it's not exactly rocket science. if you're watching the game that is. lure it to another part of the dungeon, it should slowly walk back to it's spawn point once it un-targets anyway

i can only remember ever luring once, and that was on an idoc that was in the desert, and i lured a scorpion over to kill afk campers. but again, they shouldn't be afk. plus they shouldn't have stuff in their pack.

it literally just stopped them from grabbing items from the idoc while afk. they dont lose anything, and the monsters spawned close by.
had to reveal them like... but there's no rules against that :P

see the thing is, if people dont afk farm, then luring is kinda pointless anyway, cos they'll just walk away lol
that's why people do the luring, to mess up an afk farmer that would otherwise be scripting for like 2 weeks solid. so they come back to a ghost instead of billions of gold in the bank, i really dont see the problem.

i guess it depends if they are just doing it to troll, or as some kinda vigilante

Calvin as usual you are contradicting your self. I do not understand why you try to make up these types of lies?
Always trying to be honest and helpful, if you have a question or need help please do not bother to ask!

Watch me shine, For I have been in darkness for too long.
Made In Quebec

Post by Made In Quebec »

Veteran Noobie wrote:

If someone is farming in a dungeon, and remains stand up in one place, it's their own fault for not farming efficiently.

It does not stop anyone else, from coming to that dungeon to fight off the same monsters, and if it just happens that the fight was fierce and dangerous, sometimes it's normal that the mobs get drawn out of their spawn range.

The person who is not actively chasing the evil resident of the dungeons, and prefer to just wait for them to come back,

Or the person who valiently challenged the fierce creature, only to realize later of their overwhelming strenght, and chose the option of running away so their lives are spared?

Because she is your pal you will defend her, understandable. However griefing players by stealthing around and herding mobs around is the same thing as luring rend to misama and having the player killed, it should be punishable, however when youre friends of the adminitration what can you really expect? as its already been stated, the admins are players too, they have to maintain not only a admin position but also need to hold a social level with their character? bullshit!
It doesn't matter if she is my pal, or not.

First of all, about herding, I think that's bullshit because as far as I remember, you can only use herding on tamable creatures. I've never heard of wisps being tamable, therefore I really doubt that herding is an option there.

So really the point there is very simple.

If you go into a dungeon, and player A is farming let's say Wisps for instance. And you decide to sit at that location, and hunt the same creature that player A is, Is that griefing?

I want you to answer that question. It's important because that's really the whole point.

No one is herding/luring mobs on any players with the object of having the player die.

What is happening, is that someone is showing up to a hunting area, where someone is, let's say it, afk farming those mobs, getting into combat with the mob, and abandonning the fight later on, causing the creature to have moved to a different area of the dungeon.

Anyone remotely attended, will simply go kill the creature, return to it's spawn location, and get back to whatever business they were doing.

If you still say that's griefing, that means that if I am farming miasma, and someone else comes to farm Miasma, I can report them and get them jailed because I was the one farming Miasma, therefore they are stealing loot from me, and griefing me?
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

Veteran Noobie wrote: However griefing players by stealthing around and herding mobs
Remember this
You can only herd what can be tamed
If the creature can't be tamed the creature can't be herded

I posted a link and you went to it and it triggered you so bad that you came back to this forum doing your usual shit of calling people names and accusing them of illegal things. Now Donald why do you keep crying wolf?

Anyway please show proof of me luring creatures to other players to grief them

In that link I posted, 95% of those screenshots are of me in the wisp dungeon
The only things on that level of the Wisp Dungeon to kill are wisps
99% of the time the people killing these wisps are AFK running a script that kills .........................

....................wait for it

..........Wisps I know right unbelievable

There are 2 places where they can AFK kill wisps non stop 2 at a time and 7 where it is 1 at a time

The players are there AFK killing wisps
Wisps will only attack you if you flag them
If they flag them and die how is that my fault because as I mentioned earlier there are only wisps on that level of the dungeon

That is pretty simple right
Wisps do not attack unless you flag them
If you flag them they attack
If you are AFK and you die to something you flag blame Bama?
If you are not AFK why would you flag something that will kill you but will only attack you if you flag it

Now back to this herding crap
I know you don't want to believe it because it screws up your case ( kind of like the fact that you have to flag the wisp to get it to attack you) of me "griefing" players

You can't herd wisps
Again as I previously stated you can only herd what can be tamed and I will add that champion spawn can not be herded or tamed

Generic Player_11-14_08.12.jpg
Generic Player_11-14_08.12.jpg (177.85 KiB) Viewed 1568 times
Generic Player_11-14_08.12-1.jpg
Generic Player_11-14_08.12-1.jpg (176.91 KiB) Viewed 1568 times
Generic Player_11-14_08.12-2.jpg
Generic Player_11-14_08.12-2.jpg (176.76 KiB) Viewed 1568 times

So really what am I guilty of doing? Running away from a wisp?
If you are not AFK you will find the wisp that chased me and kill it so another will spawn in the location you are farming

Here is another link
http://www.uogdemise.com/community/view ... =2&t=11332

In that link I have to play hide and seek every time I go there to kill balrons
The players there are AFK killing daemons so they lure the balron away

I don't complain
I go find it
I kill it
Another re spawns in its proper area
When I get there the person who lured the one I killed away is fighting it and they die I'm guessing because they are AFK
If they were not AFK they would just lure it away again
How is that my fault?

Anyway continue your ranting
Flame away
Call me names
Whatever you need to do to get you through the day

Calvin
I told you once before
Either get high or post not both
White privilege LOL
Trust me if the Admin caught me doing something illegal they would have no problem jailing or banning me
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
Arden

Post by Arden »

Made In Quebec wrote:
Veteran Noobie wrote:

It doesn't matter if she is my pal, or not.

First of all, about herding, I think that's bullshit because as far as I remember, you can only use herding on tamable creatures. I've never heard of wisps being tamable, therefore I really doubt that herding is an option there.

So really the point there is very simple.

If you go into a dungeon, and player A is farming let's say Wisps for instance. And you decide to sit at that location, and hunt the same creature that player A is, Is that griefing?

I want you to answer that question. It's important because that's really the whole point.

No one is herding/luring mobs on any players with the object of having the player die.

What is happening, is that someone is showing up to a hunting area, where someone is, let's say it, afk farming those mobs, getting into combat with the mob, and abandonning the fight later on, causing the creature to have moved to a different area of the dungeon.

Anyone remotely attended, will simply go kill the creature, return to it's spawn location, and get back to whatever business they were doing.

If you still say that's griefing, that means that if I am farming miasma, and someone else comes to farm Miasma, I can report them and get them jailed because I was the one farming Miasma, therefore they are stealing loot from me, and griefing me?
No one does this in real play.

Youre trying to say a wisp is too hard to kill so you had to run away (lure it off).

Dont act like we are retarded. The player is luring off mobs to other parts of the dungeon so that an AFK player cant kill it. That is the question, is that griefing? I honestly dont think it is. And I honestly dont think luring mobs onto afk player is griefing. How can you grief a script? If the player was attended he/she could run away and page a gm to complain that is fine. But if the player is afk and dies and comes back 5 hours later, that isnt griefing. He/She wasnt even there to be griefed!!

So please cut the bullshit and speak transparently, no one is buying what youre selling.
Calvin and zulu2401 like this.
Made In Quebec

Post by Made In Quebec »

Arden wrote:
Made In Quebec wrote:
No one does this in real play.

Youre trying to say a wisp is too hard to kill so you had to run away (lure it off).

Dont act like we are retarded. The player is luring off mobs to other parts of the dungeon so that an AFK player cant kill it. That is the question, is that griefing? I honestly dont think it is. And I honestly dont think luring mobs onto afk player is griefing. How can you grief a script? If the player was attended he/she could run away and page a gm to complain that is fine. But if the player is afk and dies and comes back 5 hours later, that isnt griefing. He/She wasnt even there to be griefed!!

So please cut the bullshit and speak transparently, no one is buying what youre selling.
You are basically saying the exact same thing I've been saying, I just like to make it sound way more dramatic that it is, because it entertains me, not because I believe people are retarded.

I could make up tons of different scenario for the sole purpose that it ammuses me.

And I'll keep fighting for my belief, as long as people are saying that it's illegal to "lure creatures away from afk players", there ain't no single fucking harm done to anyone.
Arden and zulu2401 like this.
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

Always remember when you set up your AFK wisp farming script always bring enough bags and/or powder to get you through

Syn_11-14_10.51.jpg
Syn_11-14_10.51.jpg (194.14 KiB) Viewed 1544 times
Syn_11-14_10.56.jpg
Syn_11-14_10.56.jpg (190.71 KiB) Viewed 1544 times
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

Veteran Noobie wrote: Calvin as usual you are contradicting your self. I do not understand why you try to make up these types of lies?
how so? what im sayin is if you're sitting at an idoc you dont have stuff in your pack, like you wont have just emptied a vendor into your pack then go sit an idoc?

but you might well do that at like.. i dunno, your house. or luna outer ring. get what i mean?

seriously if you wanted to be a proper dick with luring and releasing mobs, you could. that is what is bannable.
Arden wrote:He/She wasnt even there to be griefed!!
that's a hell of a point
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

why dont you just fucking delete the whisps lol

it's not like anyone other than afk farmers uses them

miasma is a much bigger problem imo
Bama likes this.
Made In Quebec

Post by Made In Quebec »

I say keep the wisps, but change their code.

Give them the stats of Lady Mel, and the loot of a mongbat.

No release patch notes, should be funny for a short time!
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

you could replace them with something else if the dungeon becomes a bit empty

or, just looking at the uoguide page for them, do they drop 500 gold?

lower it to 100
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

Wang the wisps!

While killing balrons in itself isn't illegal,but in that particular case it isn't right either, but that's life. Not everything that is wrong is illegal or punishable (yes there are things that are illegal that have no punishment irl.) We shall call it a legal grief.

Luring mobs away isn't illegal because it only affects people who are afk. To regain control/agro of such a target all one has to do is step on it or place a pet on the closest tile.

Luring mobs onto people is illegal because it affects even attended players. For instance, I'm farming hell cats in blood dungeon in my noob suit cause I'm a new player. Someone lures a balron over. Even though I'm fully attended, one Flamestrike kills me. Or maybe I'm role-playing a troll farmer killing bridge trolls with my troll slayer repeater. Someone lures a treasure chest guardian aw. Though attended the firebreath that hits me as I'm running away kills me even though I offscreened the aw. If I'm afk in those situations I would probably still die. Attended or not though, it is illegal. Hard for the staff to differentiate between an attended or unattended dead character that has been griefed. They don't get a report until the character is attended...

Name fits op.
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."