New Computer

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
pegasus321

New Computer

Post by pegasus321 »

I recently got a big fat raise at work and decided to spoil myself with a new computer on Black Friday. It arrived last night and i am in the process of installing all of my software and transferring files.

I found my UOS profile folder and will transfer that to the new PC - i notice that these files contain my macros and agents.

Question: Is there a file i should transfer to retain all of my UO setting? i have some options in the UO client i'd like to avoid having to reset (circle of trans, hot keys, etc.)

Anything else i should transfer over to avoid having to do a lot of setup again?

I also would like to modify some game files to change Bag icons/ make jewelry bigger etc. Does anyone have a guide on how to do this?
Last edited by pegasus321 on December 1st, 2017, 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bama, Arden and Amish Hammer like this.
april0395

Re: New Computer

Post by april0395 »

I did a search on my computer for my character's name to find the files where that stuff is stored.

Mine is under my computer, then users (choose the user if you have more than one,) then documents, then EA GAMES. Choose the UO folder, user data, and then copy + paste all those folders for each of your accounts.

If you have a different version of windows then it might be somewhere else. Just do a search for one of your character names and it should pop up a folder with the character info in the search menu. When you find it, right click it and choose "go to file location". Hopefully all this helps, lol.
Made In Quebec wrote:Some people's pleasure are sticking vegetables up their asses. While it's not my personal cup of tea, they can do as they please, since it's their asshole's and not mine, and I will not judge them.
Ajani

Post by Ajani »

Congrats on the raise
Made In Quebec wrote:Some people's pleasure are sticking vegetables up their asses. While it's not my personal cup of tea, they can do as they please, since it's their asshole's.

I find this quite entertaining.
Casting is shit
pegasus321 likes this.
Mr Straitions

Post by Mr Straitions »

pegasus321 wrote:I recently got a big fat raise at work and decided to spoil myself with a new computer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsABTmT1_M0
The Silvertiger wrote:If it were about kills and not objectives, then the axis won ww2, by a landslide....
Discord: Alter Ego#1069
pegasus321

Post by pegasus321 »

april0395 wrote:I did a search on my computer for my character's name to find the files where that stuff is stored.

Mine is under my computer, then users (choose the user if you have more than one,) then documents, then EA GAMES. Choose the UO folder, user data, and then copy + paste all those folders for each of your accounts.

If you have a different version of windows then it might be somewhere else. Just do a search for one of your character names and it should pop up a folder with the character info in the search menu. When you find it, right click it and choose "go to file location". Hopefully all this helps, lol.
Thank you for the info i will try this when i get time and post back with results
Ajani wrote:Congrats on the raise
TYVM - all that time spent in school finally paying off
Mr Straitions wrote:
pegasus321 wrote:I recently got a big fat raise at work and decided to spoil myself with a new computer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsABTmT1_M0
that's a good one -when I typed it I was thinking of the old Simpsons episode when homer gets promoted to safety supervisor and is dancing on Mr. Burn's Balcony

Best clip i could find:
https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/96bb75a8-c ... d6f51ab25f
kentares

Post by kentares »

Congratulations on the raise.

If you have OneDrive or Backup and Sync from Google; may want to have that particular folder start backing up the data. I switch from old computer to old computer depending upon who is using what; if I may a change to a macro it floats up to the cloud and syncs for me. ;)

OneDrive: https://www.windowscentral.com/windows- ... lders-sync

Google Drive: https://www.blog.google/products/photos ... gle-drive/
pegasus321 and Bama like this.
Arden

Post by Arden »

pegasus321 wrote:I recently got a big fat raise at work
Congrats!!!
pegasus321 likes this.
pegasus321

Post by pegasus321 »

april0395 wrote:I did a search on my computer for my character's name to find the files where that stuff is stored.

I did this - transferred the entire User data folder with all of my accounts in them. Did not achieve the results i was looking for.
For example: i have F1 set to last object thru UOS. In the UO client if F1 is not assigned to something it opens some random context menu.

At this point i will have to go in and manually do my settings.

Wanted to post my results in case someone else has these questions in the future.

Thank you for the effort

Anyone have any information on modifying client side images? I see others with beautiful container images and i get jealous.
april0395

Post by april0395 »

Copying those folders should have copied things like your spell icons (if they aren't set through UOSteam), your skill groupings on your skill list, and IN-UO macros. It worked for me the other day when I moved a profile from my laptop to my PC. :/
Made In Quebec wrote:Some people's pleasure are sticking vegetables up their asses. While it's not my personal cup of tea, they can do as they please, since it's their asshole's and not mine, and I will not judge them.
pegasus321

Post by pegasus321 »

april0395 wrote:Copying those folders should have copied things like your spell icons (if they aren't set through UOSteam), your skill groupings on your skill list, and IN-UO macros. It worked for me the other day when I moved a profile from my laptop to my PC. :/
I will try again - Maybe i have multiple instances of UO installed in different locations? I didn't let the search function complete. I clicked on the 1st result because it appeared to be what i was looking for.

Thank you
Made In Quebec

Post by Made In Quebec »

More importantly,

What's that big fat machine you got, I'm curious what's your build!
pegasus321

Post by pegasus321 »

Made In Quebec wrote:More importantly,

What's that big fat machine you got, I'm curious what's your build!
Nothing too Fancy - I needed a laptop because i travel a lot / have to bring into work to host meetings and I didn't feel like building it myself.

Screen: 17.3" - 1600*900
Memory: 12 GB ram - DDR4
Processor: AMD Dual-Core A9-9420
Graphics: AMD Radeon R5 (4.47 GB)
Harddrive: 240 GB SSD

~$500 shipped