Are casting and mounts, real issues?

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
royal kapero2

Are casting and mounts, real issues?

Post by royal kapero2 »

Should there be casting like it's allowed on test center in pits? (teleports and miniheals are op here)

Should mounts require a taming skill? (alternative - faction war horses, decrease skill loss timer and punkte requirment to ride them)

Who's for changes and who's opposed and reason why.

It's a pure hypothetical thread, I don't expect from anyone, especially from our lovely staff to do any actions, no pushing.
isterico likes this.
Grifo

Re: Are casting and mounts, real issues?

Post by Grifo »

good!
isterico

Post by isterico »

i think anyone just know that are the pvp problems, but i think if they didn't fix yet, it's for 2 reasons:
1- no time
2- they do not want to fix its

my2cents? yes. real issues. main one is the taming bug, it changes completly the pvp and the template builds. but the teleport abuse at low ping is too a big deal..
Llama Vortex

Post by Llama Vortex »

Motives not to change: people still playing.
Demise has a historical tendency for status quo. They live by the saying: if it ain't broke, why fix it? And that revealed to be a very succesful strategy.

Even today, some people still manage to carve some fun with the current game mechanics (me included). Yes, most of them get their high by making bots and collecting pixel money more than actually playing the game, but still some sort of fun.

My guess is that Demise staff is pretty happy with the way things are. Despite its flaws, Demise still the most succesful post-AOS free shard, having a decent player count throughout the years and that should be recognized. They are underpaid, underappreciated and I really think that we should be happy with what we get. Managing a server is not a well rewarded activity, some sort of love is required in order to execute it.

UO could be great, I've seen it, I've played it, but good is enough. I really believe that thinking like that is very reasonable if you compare Demise with what UO is today: a dead game, but a little bit sad when you compare with what UO could be.
alllex

Post by alllex »

Change delay for cure/refresh make it like heal pot
pumpkin.
Grifo

Post by Grifo »

Alex u are crazy bro lol
Reefer

Post by Reefer »

Should not be able to hold down a cure pot.
alllex likes this.
Ajani

Post by Ajani »

its not broken
Made In Quebec wrote:Some people's pleasure are sticking vegetables up their asses. While it's not my personal cup of tea, they can do as they please, since it's their asshole's.

I find this quite entertaining.
Casting is shit
Reefer

Post by Reefer »

Not broken, but rigged.