Jail Time

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
Ajani

Re: Jail Time

Post by Ajani »

Mister Pink wrote:breaking rules that effect pvp should be the main focus.
just another person who only cares about pvp this is not a fel only shard
Made In Quebec wrote:Some people's pleasure are sticking vegetables up their asses. While it's not my personal cup of tea, they can do as they please, since it's their asshole's.

I find this quite entertaining.
Casting is shit
Ajani

Post by Ajani »

I don't know of most of you know this but turning bods into the NPC actually generates gold :O
Made In Quebec wrote:Some people's pleasure are sticking vegetables up their asses. While it's not my personal cup of tea, they can do as they please, since it's their asshole's.

Casting is shit
Mister Pink

Post by Mister Pink »

Ajani wrote:
Gold, Jewel farming, two players in combat at the same time, more than 4 accounts/4 houses, and breaking rules that effect pvp should be the main focus.

Sure you could just quote the last part, but I'm emphasizing all of the following, including yes the pvp part, which like it or not is a big part of why people play here.
Ajani

Post by Ajani »

Mister Pink wrote:
Ajani wrote:
Gold, Jewel farming, two players in combat at the same time, more than 4 accounts/4 houses, and breaking rules that effect pvp should be the main focus.

Sure you could just quote the last part, but I'm emphasizing all of the following, including yes the pvp part, which like it or not is a big part of why SOME people play here.

Casting is shit
Ajani

Post by Ajani »

Jail/Ban/Delete any who is unattended dont choose to only punish gold farmers because that is just dumb if you make part of the afking legal people will only do that part

Casting is shit
Ajani

Post by Ajani »

so you will have 200 people mining because you made mining legal

Casting is shit
Made In Quebec

Post by Made In Quebec »

Vander Nars wrote:
I guess ur the type of person to just assume the worst of someone :<
Incorrect.

When I have to assume, I assume the most probable, not the unlikely best outcome.
Vander Nars

Post by Vander Nars »

Made In Quebec wrote:
Vander Nars wrote:
Incorrect.

When I have to assume, I assume the most probable, not the unlikely best outcome.
do u have statistics to prove its most probable? :P
Made In Quebec

Post by Made In Quebec »

Vander Nars wrote:
Made In Quebec wrote:
Vander Nars wrote:
Incorrect.

Nop.

Just a hunch, which is what assuming does :p
Vander Nars

Post by Vander Nars »

Made In Quebec wrote:
Vander Nars wrote:
Made In Quebec wrote:
Incorrect.

Nop.

I get you, i just think punishing people more harshly because u assume the worst is kinda bad way to go about things. Honestly the rules are legit stupid anyways, i cant understand why its ok to script gold/hw quest but not afk script it. Someone watching their char is still doing the same damage to the server as someone not watching their char. Honestly they should just decide if its ok to script or not, this middle of ground of u can script but only if u watch just seems silly to me.
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

Demise needs a mentality change. We have come to the point that the rules don't apply to anyone.

You will have some say well this guild or this guild is at fault. Well, the response to that is just because someone else is breaking rules doesn't mean you have to. Keeping up with the jone's is a terrible way to live, play, or exist. You will always be a step behind.

As far the DC argument I'm sure there's a way for staff to check if someone is still connected to the server. Technically, an initial sign is that they aren't moving at or doing anything, which further goes to how can they be punished if they aren't actually doing anything.

To the question about a breaking point, well maybe the first 12 hour instance is only a week ban and scales to a month next, a year, and finally a perma based on account long offenses. Or perhaps they get a clean slate after the year vacation and start the process over.

It all starts with a mentality change. If people think they can get away with speeding on a certain stretch of highway, a lot of times they will speed there. Demise got lax on the frequency that they handed out punishments. People started seeing this and jumped on board. Now, with the past few days of jailings/bannings people are thinking whether it is worth the time to do the crime.
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Frasier likes this.
Made In Quebec

Post by Made In Quebec »

Vander Nars wrote:
Made In Quebec wrote:
Vander Nars wrote: do u have statistics to prove its most probable? :P
Nop.

I get you, i just think punishing people more harshly because u assume the worst is kinda bad way to go about things. Honestly the rules are legit stupid anyways, i cant understand why its ok to script gold/hw quest but not afk script it. Someone watching their char is still doing the same damage to the server as someone not watching their char. Honestly they should just decide if its ok to script or not, this middle of ground of u can script but only if u watch just seems silly to me.
That's a fair statement and I wont argue on that. I am just going by the book with what the rules are.

In truth, it is hard to tell what kind of difference it would mean to make afking legal.

Would it kill the market? (which is already suffering from what I hear, and people do it anyway)

Would you note a huge increase in afk activities?

And even if their would be an increase, what would ve the damage?

Your guess is as good as mine.

I always wanted to grief Heartwood scripter, make scripting legal but allow players to mess with them, that sure would be fun :D
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

I can only say if it were legal I'd press play while doing stuff. Coming home to saws and kits to make endgame weapons is nice.
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Bad Religion

Post by Bad Religion »

Ajani wrote:
This is a pvp game.
Ajani

Post by Ajani »

Bad Religion wrote:
Ajani wrote:
This is a pvp game.
incorrect, Ultima Online in 1999 was a pvp game

Casting is shit