Economy Reset?

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
The Silvertiger

Re: Economy Reset?

Post by The Silvertiger »

The only way: global gold wipe + afk ban for 3 mo.s min. The flaw with that is people still have their items and just set prices to their former amount. I think that would definitely work. I'm not sure if everyone [if anyone at all] would leave due to that, but probably not as many as would with a pure wipe. If it were me I would give notice like they did before the server wipe about 10 years ago. People could then invest their gold in items and be ok. With the lack of gold these items of course would lose their value, but they'd still have physical [pixel] wealth.
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
zzillizz

Post by zzillizz »

I don't get what the problem is with bag of sending prices...
If the afkers have more money...we'll say they're more established players, then the newer players who want to get bos to make their money are profiting from the higher bos prices. In the end it's really how much effort you want to put into it.
1. Unfortunately, there are always going to be the people who come to the shard, bitch about the prices, and leave.
2. There are also going to be the people who come, play non-stop trying to gear themselves and build their toons...burn themselves out and quit.
3. It's also only early fall (at least in the US), so people are still out doing outdoorsy type things and not stuck inside playing a game, the player population is likely to rise as the weather worsens.
4. Then you're always going to have the people who have played on this shard FOREVER and have more gold than they know what to do with...so gold sinks dont matter to them. They'll pay outrageous prices for something they need RIGHT NOW cuz they have some novel idea that might make this 20 year old game somewhat new to them for 20 mins and they don't want to wait.
5. There's always going to be somebody somewhere trying to beat the system. Every anti-cheat that's released will just cause the scripters to work harder to beat the system.
6. There's always going to be me....just wanting to do valor spawns and peerless and make new friends to chat with...
Why do half of us play? Either we enjoy it or we don't...either we bitch and play, or stay silent and play. You're really talking to the 1/2 of people that have been here for years...just like you have...and we bitch...but we don't stop playing.
I wish you luck if you honestly try to do the bos thing....but seriously....opy will buy all gold skulls no matter the price and resell them....and we haven't managed to get rid of opy....i'm sure there's an opy out there for bos
Tanya likes this.
The Silvertiger

Opy is the original opy for bos... He's the one who bumped it from 30 to 100
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
zzillizz

Post by zzillizz »

Ah, haven't seen him buying bos...but I did stock like 20 gold skulls the other day for 120k and he bought them all and put them for 225k or something....
I haven't seen anybody bitching about gold skull prices either...they used to be a stable 100-120k and they're SOOOO easy to get...so what are we gonna do about this matter?
We farmed 40k bones in less than an hour...turned 20k into skulls...and opy bought them all at 120k within 3 hrs of stocking the vendor...
Howrothe

Post by Howrothe »

I think the problem is in part that people feel they should be able to come here play for 3days and rock a 5 mod suit with orny and inquis that took a lot of us years to get. EXP SHAKE ZULU MB all have been here for years and well that's why this server has higher population than most others bc you cant gear yourself go fight and get bored all in three days.... so either work for it or don't either way I'm just sick of people bitching when people like EOS SELENE and the rest of the staff work so hard to keep this place up and running. taking their time to gain NOTHING from providing you with a place to play events and so on and guess what you still bitch.
Fallen1, ortiz, Ajani and 3 others like this.
Tanya

Post by Tanya »

If you really want to make bags of sending cheap, post in cartographer and scribe how to farm it fast, and more people will farm it and sell. Maybe people are just lazy to find out how to farm it fast and efficient? I personally don't need bags, i used maybe 5 bags in a year lol but when i wanted to make reset bod books cheap (there was time I couldn't find for a months reset books to buy) I posted a guide how to farm reset books. That guide made you sad, sorry for that... I don't know if that helped or not, but at least now we have same price of bod books, and many people are selling bod books and I think this helps for new players to get gold, and for rich players to get books, and brsk and hammers price is stable, and now I am losing gold because gold hammer is cheaper then before lol
Peerless Hunter
Guide to Whammy - viewtopic.php?f=10&t=314
My youtube channel - /watch?v=sx5zGCbILtA
Weekly Bedlam Spawns - viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9131
The Silvertiger

There has been griping about gold skull prices, but as it's less annoying to farm it's not as prominent. In fel, you can farm one bos in 5 minutes or less. In tram, 15-30 minutes. So if we go with the fast track fel, that's 12 per hour. 12 per hour vs 40 per hour.... May just have to start direct sales to jerk the rug out from under him.
Selling List & Vendor

zzillizz

Post by zzillizz »

Tanya wrote:now I am losing gold because gold hammer is cheaper then before lol
You're worried about price of gold hammers? :( I usually burn gold and up...
I've been sitting on bronze and copper hammers FOREVER...and HRSKs...that's how I used to make my money...and pof I guess.
Price of copper hammers dropped through the floor and nobody's buying copper or bronze...
I look at the vendor mall and think how sad it is to see so few gaters, and the perma gates with empty vendors (which I'm guilty of myself) but it seems there's nobody buying or selling much. Well, besides HW kits and saws...which seem to sell quickly...but the prices are VERY dependent on the frequency of afk checks.
Tanya

Post by Tanya »

zzillizz wrote:
Tanya wrote:now I am losing gold because gold hammer is cheaper then before lol
You're worried about price of gold hammers? :( I usually burn gold and up...
I've been sitting on bronze and copper hammers FOREVER...and HRSKs...that's how I used to make my money...and pof I guess.
Price of copper hammers dropped through the floor and nobody's buying copper or bronze...
I look at the vendor mall and think how sad it is to see so few gaters, and the perma gates with empty vendors (which I'm guilty of myself) but it seems there's nobody buying or selling much. Well, besides HW kits and saws...which seem to sell quickly...but the prices are VERY dependent on the frequency of afk checks.
I burn only copper and bronze hammers, everything else I sell :)
Peerless Hunter
Guide to Whammy - viewtopic.php?f=10&t=314
My youtube channel - /watch?v=sx5zGCbILtA
Weekly Bedlam Spawns - viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9131
Legacy

Post by Legacy »

I PM'ed Eos the BoS bug that should nerf sampire afk farming very hard, but no bite so far.
Lucifall
Shallan

Post by Shallan »

Legacy wrote:I PM'ed Eos the BoS bug that should nerf sampire afk farming very hard, but no bite so far.
Bag of Sending fixed to handle items’ weight ranges properly:
1 – 10 stones cost one charge
11 – 20 costs two, etc.

Publish 50 is answer for ur problems :)

https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/ ... 10th-july/

UABOF - Users against Bullshit on forum.
Amish Hammer likes this.
Legacy

Post by Legacy »

Shallan wrote:
Legacy wrote:I PM'ed Eos the BoS bug that should nerf sampire afk farming very hard, but no bite so far.
Bag of Sending fixed to handle items’ weight ranges properly:
1 – 10 stones cost one charge
11 – 20 costs two, etc.

Publish 50 is answer for ur problems :)

https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/ ... 10th-july/
Yup. That's the one.
Lucifall
koziar

Post by koziar »

Ok, they change now this charge and what? It change price for exemple orny from 90 kk to 20kk? Price still will be the same So i dont know how they can fix ecenomy now. Maybe idea with transmog item etc is good
MMMartin

Post by MMMartin »

if make droping system change it can fix problem, in new patch they make something like vendors if selling more and more items so they will pay lower and lower, just make this for moster, uf are you killing monter more and more, in short time so decrease gold droping :) i m sure if moster start drop 1gp, economic will FIX
anaks

Post by anaks »

Economy will fix itself eventually.
Right now, for example, barbed kits are acumulating and some people are already selling below 2kk; while horned sells for 70 or 60k. Any good 120 ps sell for over 2kk, while any 115 will sell for 200k or less.
If you are a new player, as i am, you can farm for some 115 ps and average gear in no time... then get you ass to doom to try to get some expensive stuff.
And if you ask around, many people will help gladly with some items... i even got a scrappers.
Calvin and zzillizz like this.