Jail Time

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
Bad Religion

Re: Jail Time

Post by Bad Religion »

Ajani wrote:
Bad Religion wrote:
Ajani wrote: just another person who only cares about pvp this is not a fel only shard
This is a pvp game.
incorrect, Ultima Online in 1999 was a pvp game
The most expensive and desired items are pvp items. 50% of the people that pvm do it so they can pvp better.
Bad Religion

Post by Bad Religion »

for every 1 minute after the 3 minute afk check should add 1 hour of jail time.

consider doing away with banning people, just delete the characters for multiple offenders.

consider doing away with deleting items in people's houses, I dont run any of these scripts but if I did im sure items that I didnt get from scripting would end up in my box at some point and just dont like the idea of deleting items that are potentially shared.
Ajani

Post by Ajani »

Bad Religion wrote:
Ajani wrote:
Bad Religion wrote:
This is a pvp game.
The most expensive and desired items are pvp items. 50% of the people that pvm do it so they can pvp better.
You maybe correct
Made In Quebec wrote:Some people's pleasure are sticking vegetables up their asses. While it's not my personal cup of tea, they can do as they please, since it's their asshole's.

I find this quite entertaining.
Casting is shit
Ajani

Post by Ajani »

Bad Religion wrote:consider doing away with deleting items in people's houses.
I can not agree with this
Made In Quebec wrote:Some people's pleasure are sticking vegetables up their asses. While it's not my personal cup of tea, they can do as they please, since it's their asshole's.

Casting is shit
Bad Religion

Post by Bad Religion »

Ajani wrote:
What if two friends are sharing a house, friend a shouldnt be punished for friend b's mistakes.
Ajani

Post by Ajani »

Bad Religion wrote:
Ajani wrote:
What if two friends are sharing a house, friend a shouldnt be punished for friend b's mistakes.
Friend a should not use friend B's afk drop off box

Casting is shit
Bad Religion

Post by Bad Religion »

Ajani wrote:
Bad Religion wrote:
Ajani wrote: I can not agree with this
Just because it's a dropbox doesnt mean they are afk, a lot of people are doing it legit, even some that get caught just made a mistake and got distracted. No one is setting out with the intention of getting banned or in trouble.
Ajani

Post by Ajani »

Bad Religion wrote:
Ajani wrote:
Bad Religion wrote:
Just because it's a dropbox doesnt mean they are afk, a lot of people are doing it legit, even some that get caught just made a mistake and got distracted. No one is setting out with the intention of getting banned or in trouble.
They don't start with the intention of getting caught doesn't mean they didn't have the intention of afk farming. They do 3 minute afk checks you should not get distracted:/

Casting is shit
Josh

Post by Josh »

Just saying if i have to take a piss I'm not stopping my script. As per the "u could be doing it for the 6 months just not caught" makes sense but I feel it's like "time off for good behavior." Also the murder analogy was dumb. It's just a way to alleviate some jail sentences from being banned for a week bc I was afk for 4 minutes. Little harsh even if it's reoccuring. But overall it doesn't matter, these gm's only check once per year so just wait until February and you'll be able to basically afk do it permanently lol.
Bad Religion likes this.
Vander Nars

Post by Vander Nars »

Ajani wrote:
Bad Religion wrote:
Ajani wrote: just another person who only cares about pvp this is not a fel only shard
This is a pvp game.
where u even born in 1999?
Ajani

Post by Ajani »

Vander Nars wrote:
Ajani wrote:
Bad Religion wrote:
This is a pvp game.
That is a little personal

Casting is shit
Vander Nars

Post by Vander Nars »

Ajani wrote:
Vander Nars wrote:
Ajani wrote: incorrect, Ultima Online in 1999 was a pvp game
That is a little personal
I like it personal.
Amish Hammer

Post by Amish Hammer »

Bad Religion wrote: The most expensive and desired items are pvp items. 50% of the people that pvm do it so they can pvp better.
By that logic, wouldnt that just mean there is a 50% pvp base and a 50%pvm base? So it wouldnt be a pvp based game. :) Its an mmo that has multiple ways to play it, its not just pvp. Heck I can probably guarantee that the number of afk scripters outnumbers the pvpers and pvmers combined.
Discord: Amish#1299
Amish Hammer

Post by Amish Hammer »

Sadly players think they have the right to complain about the jailing, but when you sign up, you get the rules, it shows how the game is guided to be played, and if someone breaks the rules thats their own risk. If they get caught they have no right to complain about it. It only takes one button to turn off a macro, so if you need to go pee, just go to a safe place and turn it off. boom, no rule breaking then and it doesnt waste time. Just gotta play by the rules that are set and use common sense then things will go perfectly fine.

I do get it, people these days dont like putting the effort into getting the rewards they want to make their own experience better. Its human nature to find a shortcut to try and make things easier, but if you are going to purposely break the rules, you should accept the risk. The depressing problem is, the people that are breaking the rules are the ones that profit and set the prices in the economy, so that just encourages others to follow along and join it because it seems rewarding and its easy. This way of thinking is only making the game worse and doesnt even make it feel like its worth playing. It just makes the game harder and harder for players that actually follow the rules and put the effort in for things.

I feel like the new staff are a good thing, it will help keep everyone on edge and atleast make people remember to check their screen once in a while, and you know, maybe actually play the game.
Discord: Amish#1299
april0395 likes this.
deathviper

Post by deathviper »

Just my opinion, but you could get rid of some of the afk scripting by selling heartwood kits, hammers, tailoring kits, colored ingots, ecru, colored leather on vendors for somewhere around the going rate.

In theory that would cut down some of the afk and it would certainly take gold out of the economy. I also think it might get a few more people coming to the shard.

I think if a poll was taken, most people playing the shard wouldn't mind those items being sold on vendors...

Anyways, I just saw an opportunity to fatten my post count....