World saving and threading

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
priest

World saving and threading

Post by priest »

I wonder has there been consideration for the world state saving to be threaded instead of a dump that it would more or less be transparent to the logged on people? ie. houses etc would be on different save although, I guess the issue is more or less the item tracking? Aka. if you move item from your inventory into a chest it would save in the chest thread however it would still be inventory thread or if the inventory management daemon would handle the item tracking from the world tracking would that make more sense?

For example the item that lies on ground would be in the world item tracking daemon (decay etc timers) and once picked up it would move into inventory management daemon tracking and vice versa or on the other hand the chest / bank / character and pet inventory management would be separate in these parts and probably would save a lot of processing in the sense that stuff that lies in bank and in housing chests doesn't change that often as a bulk checksum?

Also another thing is chested / banked reagents, would it make more sense to bank or chest reagents like the 'credits' in the bank account, reducing the item count for that time being as they are stored and not in active item count?

Best regards,

- Priest
lukin69

Re: World saving and threading

Post by lukin69 »

This is a question for runuo general...
royal kapero2 likes this.
royal kapero2

Post by royal kapero2 »

Will Lukin save Sosaria again? Make enemies to cry like turtles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87KXKWvslrA

HEEEEEY I JUST MET YOU AND THIS IS CRAZY, SO PM ME MAYBE.
lukin69 likes this.
Legacy

Post by Legacy »

Would require a major overhaul of how RunUO keeps data stored. No go.
Lucifall