Please remove UOS

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
Vander Nars

Re: Please remove UOS

Post by Vander Nars »

Vitek- wrote:sounds like u might be fat
Ok rain man.
Vander Nars

Post by Vander Nars »

Jerry McAwesome wrote:
desalonne wrote:tiger idk that you get it man. Scripting isnt a problem when the casting is slower. The thing that makes scripting here so strong is the speed of the casting. When you can dump spells at server speed you will 9/10 times be faster than someone doing it manually. Teleporting faster than one can run would disappear with slower casting.

Yea people will still script. but thats when it comes down to skilled players > scripts because at that point its actually possible. If you get in the duel pits right now its IMPOSSIBLE to poison lock someone without DP. simply because you cannot cast fast enough to fizzle the cure. IF casting were changed it wouldnt matter what someones scripts gonna do because a smart player will know how to hold spells/when to drop to fizzle so on and so forth.

And any of the scripted FIELD pvp will still be useless like it is now. currently you can beat the scripts with a simple 2 1 drop. miniheal spam cant heal faster than 200 damage hitting at once ;)

and the arguement that archers will be to strong with that casting is simply innaccurate. They will be as they are now, no different. tho i would enjoy seeing a diminishing return on mortal similar to the paralyze diminishing return. i think that would go a long way to balance archers. maybe cut the apple timer from 2 minutes down to 1. But either way its playable.
Agree. It would bring skill partially back on this server. Right now someone who is completely useless in the field normally can hold down a mini heal/remove curse macro and contribute. I don't like it!
So half of qa?
Jerry McAwesome

Post by Jerry McAwesome »

Vander Nars wrote:
Jerry McAwesome wrote:
desalonne wrote:tiger idk that you get it man. Scripting isnt a problem when the casting is slower. The thing that makes scripting here so strong is the speed of the casting. When you can dump spells at server speed you will 9/10 times be faster than someone doing it manually. Teleporting faster than one can run would disappear with slower casting.

Yea people will still script. but thats when it comes down to skilled players > scripts because at that point its actually possible. If you get in the duel pits right now its IMPOSSIBLE to poison lock someone without DP. simply because you cannot cast fast enough to fizzle the cure. IF casting were changed it wouldnt matter what someones scripts gonna do because a smart player will know how to hold spells/when to drop to fizzle so on and so forth.

And any of the scripted FIELD pvp will still be useless like it is now. currently you can beat the scripts with a simple 2 1 drop. miniheal spam cant heal faster than 200 damage hitting at once ;)

and the arguement that archers will be to strong with that casting is simply innaccurate. They will be as they are now, no different. tho i would enjoy seeing a diminishing return on mortal similar to the paralyze diminishing return. i think that would go a long way to balance archers. maybe cut the apple timer from 2 minutes down to 1. But either way its playable.
Agree. It would bring skill partially back on this server. Right now someone who is completely useless in the field normally can hold down a mini heal/remove curse macro and contribute. I don't like it!
So half of qa?
I'd say about 90+% of pvpers.
Veteran Noobie

Post by Veteran Noobie »

The Silvertiger wrote:Also, you have to realize that this thread is based on the pvm side of things. Veteran Noobie doesn't PvP to care about casting. His main concern is: I press play and go eat a sandwich. When I come back I have valuable resources/gold.

My main concern is 2 things, mainly yes press play come back days later with 50kk gold and 100kk in looted items while unattended, now as to part of this situation I must say I see many houses lately go idoc that were very obvious HW questing accounts, I find it comical that many of them are foreign players you would very rarely see on this forum!

However lets talk about my second concern, with UOS people have very elaborate macros from casting mini heal while holding button down, teleporting obscenely fast, or even the fact that 97% of the pvmers even use UOS macros to farm any monster "by hand"

Lets face it we all seent how much abuse of automation has been used during each of the past events we've had over the last 3 years, Personally I am planning on making 4 chars to automate in christmas and halloween towns because apparently its okay as long as i am "attended"

I am sure if I play with UOS enough I can make something like

@if in journal 'GM Barney'
Playsound 'GM ALERT.Wav'
endif
Always trying to be honest and helpful, if you have a question or need help please do not bother to ask!

Watch me shine, For I have been in darkness for too long.
Veteran Noobie

Post by Veteran Noobie »

Also I have said this since I stopped pvping here on demise, fix mage casting to be similar to OSi and than I will come back out to play, until then no matter what magery is broken, lets be real any mage can run dci and anatomy and dodge hits from a warrior, however lets reverse that, why does every mage spell hit, even if the player has 0 HIT CHANCE INCREASE? even if that is going out there, this being said when mages cast 1.8x faster than they do on OSI, we have a problem! If you want to have the game played the way it is meant to be played, then implement it this way, if not than go all out and do some fun custom shit, regardless this discussion has been talked about for my 5+ years being affiliated with this server.
Always trying to be honest and helpful, if you have a question or need help please do not bother to ask!

Veteran Noobie

Post by Veteran Noobie »

I would love to see the test center casting implemented, i played with it as much as i could on my own...! however on a live server where everybody is deemed using it would be a fun endavor for me, until then, my pvp mage sits in his dungeon!

atomic chicken likes this.
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

Yea, these cigarettes are way off-topic. I love the fact that some think my trolling is a competition. I literally troll for my own entertainment and I'm pretty corny. I don't care if anyone gets any enjoyment out of it. If you're looking for a competition, I forfeit. As far as your casting and pvp crap, that's for a separate thread.
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Frasier and Vitek- like this.
Loler

Post by Loler »

sgt if you want to go pure mage on test hit me up on discord i dont mind learning how to pure mage again with real casting.
PM me or contact me on discord mortoburger#5040
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
Buying Tailor/Smith resets in bulk.
Veteran Noobie

Post by Veteran Noobie »

Loler wrote:sgt if you want to go pure mage on test hit me up on discord i dont mind learning how to pure mage again with real casting.
Upon my return we shall get a fight club going!

Vitek-

Post by Vitek- »

The Silvertiger wrote:Yea, these cigarettes are way off-topic. I love the fact that some think my trolling is a competition. I literally troll for my own entertainment and I'm pretty corny. I don't care if anyone gets any enjoyment out of it. If you're looking for a competition, I forfeit. As far as your casting and pvp crap, that's for a separate thread.
Attachments
8226.gif
8226.gif (203.17 KiB) Viewed 2349 times
Discord: Critical#2911
fish, bass
Reetus

Post by Reetus »

Necrodog wrote:
Reetus wrote:When I first started playing UO, you had to cut bandages one by one, it wouldn't cut a stack, I spent hours cutting bandages by hand, but I wouldn't do it again...

We've all had a taste of the easy life with UOS, I wouldn't go back to crusty old Razor.

Fix casting server side is the preferred fix.
What do you know? The toilets don't even flow the right way where you're at!

:beathorse:

https://youtu.be/x5h1pMVw_MI

Please advise required changes to be America compliant.
pegasus321

Post by pegasus321 »

No one is talking about the real issues here.
Everyone filters light levels and now i have kegs and kegs of Nightsight potions that i can't sell. This is really hurting the economy.
Loler

Post by Loler »

Wait...there is some feature where i dont need to use nightsight potions?
PM me or contact me on discord mortoburger#5040
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
Buying Tailor/Smith resets in bulk.
royal kapero2

Post by royal kapero2 »

There is no compromise that would satisfy us - adversaries of UO Steam. Introducing UO Steam was silly. But, its deeply rooted nature exist officialy in mentality of the most Demise players, the third party programs, easy uo have become basic things that people use delightly and they won't stop, they would lose more than we would gain in their opinion. They see only the negativities because they egoists, for whom fair fighting doesn't mean a thing.
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

^^^
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Bama likes this.