does luck effect crafting ?

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
Anoxsious

does luck effect crafting ?

Post by Anoxsious »

Does luck effect crafting ?

More precisely what effects EXCEPT THE runics the craft rolls ?

Thank you in for your time in advance.
The Silvertiger

Re: does luck effect crafting ?

Post by The Silvertiger »

Ancient smithy hammer, crafting skill, arms lore skill, talismans, and runic crafting tools affect crafting.
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Anoxsious

Post by Anoxsious »

But only the exceptional chance not the property rolls right ?
deathviper

Post by deathviper »

Luck has no effect on crafting.

There are better times of the day to craft items depending on what properties your trying to craft because the roll of the dice changes with the server time.

For instance if your crafting items and you want mana and your not getting many items with mana try another time or day.
Anoxsious

Post by Anoxsious »

SERIOUSLY does that work with slayer properties ?
deathviper

Post by deathviper »

Unfortunately, it works that way with everything, it's how demise is coded.

I would have to go back and look through the code but the roll is calculated using random number generator (rng) which uses the time in the formula.
Calvin likes this.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

i have heard that the bonus skill tali helps, but not the bonus exe one.

really though, i dont think any of these: "Ancient smithy hammer, talismans, and runic crafting tools" make any difference. i just dont think they would change any variable that is actually used on generating the properties.

arms lore gives you a bonus on anything you make exe, so that does help. and obviously you need the skill to make it exe to get the DI prop (or bonus resists for armour)

dv is right tho, different times of the day do make a difference, it's not supposed to, but the game uses a pseudo random (seeded) not a true random with cryptography (which is what they use for codes and stuff).

the pseudo random is pretty much good enough for 99.99% of cases, but it does get stuck on the same numbers for a while. so that means like, things tend to drop in groups. like i have literally made two identical swords, one after another, just because the seed random hasn't moved onto the next number in it's big randomly generated sequence.

like... if i generate a seed random thing, it will make a massive string of numbers, and then it will move along that string every time a number is requested. sometimes it doesn't move along, and/or the numbers tend to group together.

this is the same in all random things in UO, including things like orne drop, so if you see someone post a fresh orne on the forum, get your ass into doom, cos it's likely another 2 or 3 will drop

++
honestly im not sure if it works by a generated sequence, or by taking a number from the time of day.
orr my generating a sequence every time it restarts, using a number from the server time..
but i vaguely remember EOS saying they have never needed to change the seed for their random since the dawn of time.. something like that, cant remember totally.
iPimp and deathviper like this.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

https://www.khanacademy.org/computing/c ... generators

just watching this, makes a lot of sense
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

The ancient smithy hammer and talismans help you actually make the item or help you make the item exceptionally. Both of which are very important. I.e.: loss of base resists/36[40] di...(imagine wasting a Val charge on a failed attempt to craft. :? )
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

yeah but once you have 100% craft chance and 100% exe chance, does anything affect the mod rolls is the question
Tanya

Post by Tanya »

Calvin wrote:yeah but once you have 100% craft chance and 100% exe chance, does anything affect the mod rolls is the question
No, it's random. I've tested all this stuff on TC.
Peerless Hunter
Guide to Whammy - viewtopic.php?f=10&t=314
My youtube channel - /watch?v=sx5zGCbILtA
Weekly Bedlam Spawns - viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9131
Calvin likes this.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

do you wanna see a massive piss take?

all the hammers i've burnt over the years, and the best 4 mod katana i have is probably this one:

a fucking loot one. im not using it. i refuse to.
Anoxsious

Post by Anoxsious »

Thank you everyone for the enlightening info!