Making Gold

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
Bad Seed

Making Gold

Post by Bad Seed »

:beathorse: What is the best way of making gold as a craftsman. I do not want to afk script, as I've made a lot of clicks to gm mining. Currently working on a lumberjack to make arrows. Just wanted opinions on the best way to make money on a craftsman.
"There's no cure for being a c*nt."
deathviper

Re: Making Gold

Post by deathviper »

You really only have two options:

1) do bods and sell the kits
2) do bods and use the kits and hope you craft something you can sell

Or do heartwood for kits but I don't consider this crafting
Calvin likes this.
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

Repair scrolls. Sell them in bulk not just tossed in a bag.
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
kentares and Amish Hammer like this.
Tanya

Post by Tanya »

Best way of making gold on Demise is to buy stuff at 50% price, and resell it at 200% price.
Peerless Hunter
Guide to Whammy - viewtopic.php?f=10&t=314
My youtube channel - /watch?v=sx5zGCbILtA
Weekly Bedlam Spawns - viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9131
kentares, Tempest and Calvin like this.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

no-one will complain at you using a bod filler script.

invest in some reset books, it takes a lil while to build up a stock of high level bods, but once you have that you'll be cashing in top hammers and kits from every reset book

its not really fun, but it pays off. i hand them in and sort them all by hand, but for filling you really *need* a script.
Tanya wrote:Best way of making gold on Demise is to buy stuff at 50% price, and resell it at 200% price.
^this is so true lol, but you need to know the prices of things to do that

i dont really bother with either these days tho tbh, best way to make money is to sell good loot, or drop a good artifact/event item and sell that. bods are slow and steady gains, but jackpots are better ;)
you just need a character that's able to roll for them, and to be patient
Tension likes this.
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

Buy scrolls at 5 gp sell at 999gp sounds like the most profitable venture.
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Calvin likes this.
Bad Seed

Post by Bad Seed »

Calvin wrote: i dont really bother with either these days tho tbh, best way to make money is to sell good loot, or drop a good artifact/event item and sell that. bods are slow and steady gains, but jackpots are better ;)
you just need a character that's able to roll for them, and to be patient
I am making other chars. Just was looking for something to do that I'm not PVM, get pulled away from pc, die afk and end up crying like a little kid. I've been playing Demise for 2 weeks and I've had a lot of help to get started, but eventually you Gotta pay your own way at some point, right?
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

yeah but it's not your fault the economy is so inflated. you need to get items instead of gold imo.
then you can use the inflation to your advantage when you sell them ;)

http://www.filedropper.com/easyuoandbodfiller

i know people automate things a lot more than this does, but it will do the job without giving you RSI

just take like 30 bods out of a reset book so they're in your pack, have a box with raw mats next to you, and click fill. if you want get another empty book in your pack and put it as the storage container for the finished ones.

honestly i hate scripting stuff, but BOD filling by hand is just grim.

(and never ever accept scripts from anywhere other than the official site... unless it's me, cos im cool ;) lol )
ShadowMoon likes this.
Grifo

Post by Grifo »

Skills:

Hiding, stealth, ninja, magery, necro, resisting spells

In wraith form, use hiding and stealth in champ altar, pick gold when zergs kill boss.

U can add stealing for try steal ps and replicas.

This is very funny, enjoy!
Remember, use smoke bombs, potions, bag of sending and ur brain!
LemonHead

Post by LemonHead »

Don't even bother trying to make arrows. Boards are worth more and you avoid farming feathers by the thousands... which is a royal pain in the ass. Just sell the boards and buy arrows from the vendor.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

LemonHead wrote:Don't even bother trying to make arrows. Boards are worth more and you avoid farming feathers by the thousands... which is a royal pain in the ass. Just sell the boards and buy arrows from the vendor.
yeah i got like 10k feathers and arrows from an idoc. Someone was buying them on forum, but the price was really not worth selling so i thought i might as well keep them instead.

i dont even have an archer lol, but it was like 30k or something shit like that, rather have the arrows lol

not worth selling even if you already have them, never mind being worth farming
LemonHead likes this.
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

Bad Seed wrote:What is the best way of making gold as a craftsman.

From what I understand
Need to proclaim yourself as king
Find a miller with a daughter
You also need an imp

In order to appear superior, a miller lies to the king, telling him that his daughter can spin straw into gold. (Some versions make the miller's daughter blonde and describe the "straw-into-gold" claim as a careless boast the miller makes about the way his daughter's straw-like blond hair takes on a gold-like lustre when sunshine strikes it.) The king calls for the girl, shuts her in a tower room filled with straw and a spinning wheel, and demands she spin the straw into gold by morning or he will cut off her head (other versions have the king threatening to lock her up in a dungeon forever). When she has given up all hope, an imp-like creature appears in the room and spins the straw into gold in return for her necklace (since he only comes to people seeking a deal/trade). When next morning the king takes the girl to a larger room filled with straw to repeat the feat, the imp once again spins, in return for the girl's ring. On the third day, when the girl has been taken to an even larger room filled with straw and told by the king that he will marry her if she can fill this room with gold or execute her if she cannot, the girl has nothing left with which to pay the strange creature. He extracts from her a promise that she will give him her firstborn child and so he spins the straw into gold a final time. (In some versions, the imp appears and begins to turn the straw into gold, paying no heed to the girl's protests that she has nothing to pay him with; when he finishes the task, he states that the price is her first child, and the horrified girl objects because she never agreed to this arrangement.)

Two illustrations by Anne Anderson from Grimm's Fairy Tales (London and Glasgow 1922)
The king keeps his promise to marry the miller's daughter. But when their first child is born, the imp returns to claim his payment: "Now give me what you promised." She offers him all the wealth she has to keep the child but the imp has no interest in her riches. He finally consents to give up his claim to the child if she can guess his name within three days. Her many guesses fail, but before the final night, she wanders into the woods (in some versions, she sends a servant into the woods instead of going herself in order to keep the king's suspicions at bay) searching for him and comes across his remote mountain cottage and watches, unseen, as he hops about his fire and sings. In his song's lyrics, "tonight tonight, my plans I make, tomorrow tomorrow, the baby I take. The queen will never win the game, for Rumpelstiltskin is my name'", he reveals his name. Some versions have the imp limiting the number of daily guesses to three and hence the total number of guesses allowed to a maximum of nine.

When the imp comes to the queen on the third day, after first feigning ignorance, she reveals his name, Rumpelstiltskin, and he loses his temper and their bargain. (Versions vary about whether he accuses the devil or witches of having revealed his name to the queen.) In the 1812 edition of the Brothers Grimm tales, Rumpelstiltskin then "ran away angrily, and never came back". The ending was revised in an 1857 edition to a more gruesome ending wherein Rumpelstiltskin "in his rage drove his right foot so far into the ground that it sank in up to his waist; then in a passion he seized the left foot with both hands and tore himself in two". Other versions have Rumpelstiltskin driving his right foot so far into the ground that he creates a chasm and falls into it, never to be seen again. In the oral version originally collected by the Brothers Grimm, Rumpelstiltskin flies out of the window on a cooking ladle.
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
Bad Seed

Post by Bad Seed »

Bama wrote:
Bad Seed wrote:What is the best way of making gold as a craftsman.

From what I understand
Need to proclaim yourself as king
Find a miller with a daughter
You also need an imp

In order to appear superior, a miller lies to the king, telling him that his daughter can spin straw into gold. (Some versions make the miller's daughter blonde and describe the "straw-into-gold" claim as a careless boast the miller makes about the way his daughter's straw-like blond hair takes on a gold-like lustre when sunshine strikes it.) The king calls for the girl, shuts her in a tower room filled with straw and a spinning wheel, and demands she spin the straw into gold by morning or he will cut off her head (other versions have the king threatening to lock her up in a dungeon forever). When she has given up all hope, an imp-like creature appears in the room and spins the straw into gold in return for her necklace (since he only comes to people seeking a deal/trade). When next morning the king takes the girl to a larger room filled with straw to repeat the feat, the imp once again spins, in return for the girl's ring. On the third day, when the girl has been taken to an even larger room filled with straw and told by the king that he will marry her if she can fill this room with gold or execute her if she cannot, the girl has nothing left with which to pay the strange creature. He extracts from her a promise that she will give him her firstborn child and so he spins the straw into gold a final time. (In some versions, the imp appears and begins to turn the straw into gold, paying no heed to the girl's protests that she has nothing to pay him with; when he finishes the task, he states that the price is her first child, and the horrified girl objects because she never agreed to this arrangement.)

Two illustrations by Anne Anderson from Grimm's Fairy Tales (London and Glasgow 1922)
The king keeps his promise to marry the miller's daughter. But when their first child is born, the imp returns to claim his payment: "Now give me what you promised." She offers him all the wealth she has to keep the child but the imp has no interest in her riches. He finally consents to give up his claim to the child if she can guess his name within three days. Her many guesses fail, but before the final night, she wanders into the woods (in some versions, she sends a servant into the woods instead of going herself in order to keep the king's suspicions at bay) searching for him and comes across his remote mountain cottage and watches, unseen, as he hops about his fire and sings. In his song's lyrics, "tonight tonight, my plans I make, tomorrow tomorrow, the baby I take. The queen will never win the game, for Rumpelstiltskin is my name'", he reveals his name. Some versions have the imp limiting the number of daily guesses to three and hence the total number of guesses allowed to a maximum of nine.

When the imp comes to the queen on the third day, after first feigning ignorance, she reveals his name, Rumpelstiltskin, and he loses his temper and their bargain. (Versions vary about whether he accuses the devil or witches of having revealed his name to the queen.) In the 1812 edition of the Brothers Grimm tales, Rumpelstiltskin then "ran away angrily, and never came back". The ending was revised in an 1857 edition to a more gruesome ending wherein Rumpelstiltskin "in his rage drove his right foot so far into the ground that it sank in up to his waist; then in a passion he seized the left foot with both hands and tore himself in two". Other versions have Rumpelstiltskin driving his right foot so far into the ground that he creates a chasm and falls into it, never to be seen again. In the oral version originally collected by the Brothers Grimm, Rumpelstiltskin flies out of the window on a cooking ladle.
Probably the best answer I could've asked for!
Bama likes this.