Forum conduct etc.

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
Larson
Demise Administrator

Forum conduct etc.

Post by Larson »

There needs to be a change in some people’s behavior here. So we will be tidying up anything we find offensive, disrespectful and generally not constructive towards maintaining a healthy community. We provide these forums free of charge and free of advertising for you to use and we do not need to see this type of behavior anymore. The staff here also provide a lot of their free time trying to make Demise a fun place to play and do not need to be constantly criticized. There have already been some timeouts for a few of our forum members and there may be more to follow.

This does not mean we don’t listen and aren’t aware of some of the current issues. I will try and address some of the issues people seem to have right now with Demise.
  • We have been looking into what we can do about the disconnects. The server has been moved twice now and since then other efforts have been made to fix it and we will continue to do so until it is fixed. If you have any useful information for us then please provide it, but bitching and whining won’t helps us get it fixed.
  • Unattended gathering does happen but not at the lengths that some people will have you believe. Checks are made at least once daily and repeat offenders are given increasing bans and have all resources removed. Just because someone is running a script does not mean they are unattended and just because they don’t want to talk to you does not mean they are unattended.
  • Halloween Town has been a long time in the making and is a very labour intensive thing to do every year. We do not have to drop any items on any mobile. It is supposed to be something fun and interesting for you to enjoy, if you don’t like it don’t go there.
Larson
Larson
UOGDemise - Admin

Please do not PM me for support.
If you are experiencing game issues please page for a staff member in-game.

Thank you for your continued support of UOG: Demise.
tichondrius

Re: Forum conduct ect.

Post by tichondrius »

Thanks for addressing the toxicity. Was beginning to think I was here: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/

But, this is UO and I think people tend to get a little overzealous when these type of events occur, especially with high stake items like the trinket dropping. It's a shame the trolls are leaking to trade post/threads and it had to be addressed in the first place.

This is my first year attending Halloween Town, so thanks for the work you guys have put forth so we can enjoy our free gaming and pixels.
Howrothe

Post by Howrothe »

*CHEERS LARSON*!!!!! Thanks for all you guys do!!!!!!
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

+1
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Shallan

Post by Shallan »

:)
Thanks!

UABOF - Users against Bullshit on forum.
Jay-Renai Nyleve [SHS]

Post by Jay-Renai Nyleve [SHS] »

And in swoops Larson with the head rolling!!!

THREE CHEERS FOR LARSON, The Executioner!!!
Eos wrote:...wait until my keyboard recharges with ink.
Jay-Renai Nyleve [SHS]

Post by Jay-Renai Nyleve [SHS] »

I'd also like to report a bug, I can't like your post more than once... which gives me a sad. :D
Eos wrote:...wait until my keyboard recharges with ink.
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

Jay-Renai Nyleve [SHS] wrote:I'd also like to report a bug, I can't like your post more than once... which gives me a sad. :D
I'd like to report a bug: I can't report larson's post for truth.
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
isterico

Post by isterico »

thank you for your work.
this tale is the same in any uo free shard ehehe.

may i advise you to raise the staff members number? i think that someone from outside america may be happy to help (for an international comunity like this, may be a good way to do.. i think). about forum moderation too, should be a good thing.

m2cents
Necrodog

Post by Necrodog »

If anyone wants to talk trash, there are two Discord servers open now so feel free ;)
Duque and The Silvertiger like this.
Mr Straitions

Post by Mr Straitions »

Larson wrote: [*]Halloween Town has been a long time in the making and is a very labour intensive thing to do every year. We do not have to drop any items on any mobile. It is supposed to be something fun and interesting for you to enjoy, if you don’t like it don’t go there.[/list]

Larson
Unfortunately we can't just 'not go there' if we want to be competitive on this server. Trinket is arguably the best in slot item for a dexxer. So if we don't like it and choose to ignore Htown, we are severely penalized.

Unless we obtain a trinket by other means, right?
Right. I'll just buy one.

Now where did I place that extra 200kk i had...
The Silvertiger wrote:If it were about kills and not objectives, then the axis won ww2, by a landslide....
Discord: Alter Ego#1069
The Silvertiger and Bama like this.
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

Mr Straitions wrote:
200kk now

Much more in a few weeks
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
Fethers
Demise Staff Member [Retired]

Post by Fethers »

Mr Straitions wrote: Unfortunately we can't just 'not go there' if we want to be competitive on this server. Trinket is arguably the best in slot item for a dexxer. So if we don't like it and choose to ignore Htown, we are severely penalized.

Unless we obtain a trinket by other means, right?
Right. I'll just buy one.

Actually thats exactly what you can do? You're talking about a trinket slot item that maybe best in slot, but it doesn't offer game breaking stats that are going to make you useless without, you are not "severely penalized" for not having one as the vast majority of players by the very nature of the item being a rare drop from a limited time event, will never own one.

There's nothing in this game that's barred from you if you don't have a trinket.

If you don't want to go try and earn one and aren't willing to trade another player for one than yes that means you wont have one, that's how things work.

If you would like to make a topic discussing what you feel would be a better alternative feel free to as long as its civil and doesn't turn into a self entitled bitch fest you're welcome to, but the forum etiquette topic is not the place.
Fethers
UOGamers: Demise - Game Master

Please do not PM me for support.
If you are experiencing game issues please page for a staff member in-game.

Thank you for your continued support of UOGamers: Demise.
Janky, ortiz, Duque and 2 others like this.
raptor-

Post by raptor- »

trinket is dropping so much it will be 50kk by the end of this event stop getting salty guys if anything they are balancing its cost im happy about it tbh no arty type item should be so much
Vander Nars

Post by Vander Nars »

raptor- wrote:trinket is dropping so much it will be 50kk by the end of this event stop getting salty guys if anything they are balancing its cost im happy about it tbh no arty type item should be so much
They could have balanced its cost at the pvp event and still had great pvp for 2 weaks. No one is enjoying afking a single boss for hours at a time.
Servos likes this.