PVP EVENTS?

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
Bad Religion

PVP EVENTS?

Post by Bad Religion »

Where are the pvp events? The pacman map, orcs vs savages, king of the hill, 1v1 tournaments, 2v2 tournaments etc? Why is every event just people waiting around for hours until a boss spawns? You're naive if you think most of the people you see out pvming or crafting dont pvp regularly. Yeah we see these things every few months and they last about an hour or two before we never see them again.

Other servers that are newer and have a higher active unique population run pvp events 5x+ a day and dont have nearly the content you guys have as far as your maps and diversity of events.

Surely im not the only one that thinks daily pvp events, even if for no rewards, would be more fun than just sitting at brit gate waiting to chase people into their houses. At least with these events, teams are usually fair and gives people a chance that dont usually pvp to try out some fun stuff with 0 risk.

Every time you do run these events the turnout is amazing, so why not do more?
royal kapero2 likes this.
Bad Religion

Re: PVP EVENTS?

Post by Bad Religion »

This is a pvp game, not a wait and farm game.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

Bad Religion wrote:This is a pvp game
:lol:
Mina_Moonlight

Post by Mina_Moonlight »

true ! i like to pvp aswel , even as a noob :)
-Mina Moonlight & Picka Starlight-

(we are not the same person btw, usualy picka using the forum)
Bad Religion likes this.
royal kapero2

Post by royal kapero2 »

Make a PvP town in Occlo. You turn orange (enemy to everyone) in this area, when you die, you will not lose anything, it doesn't leave your corpse and it teleports you to the safe spot, to one of the houses in Occlo, where you can go to vendormall or enter PvP town and fight again, its up to you. and make it free consume. So noobs will practice and soon they will visit Fel spwns, means more fights.

Also make pvp tournaments automatically once per two days (It was on Pandora UO like 7 years ago, before they ruined shard with dumb custom crap, was fun). But allow potions, poison weps, apples, stun, necro spells etc.. People would get minor rewards for winning these, some tokens but since we dont have token system, maybe some gold.

Just some suggestions from top of my head, to draw the ideas.

I remember an event ran by John I believe, the place reflected the old Brit gate, old houses. It was free for all but in teams consisting of 2 or 3 players, it would be fun if you could join it anytime, just like setting a duel but dueling stone must be in Brit gate, so it will be used very often!
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

royal kapero2 wrote:make pvp tournaments automatically once per two days. But allow potions, poison weps, apples, stun, necro spells etc.. People would get minor rewards for winning these.
They have needed this for years. Or at least an automated tournament every Saturday.

Unfortunately, I haven't seen John in awhile. I think he has been busy with his wife and kids.
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
koziar likes this.
Loler

Post by Loler »

Yeah I asked a long time ago for an automated pvp system that replicated ABCUO which is where pandora got the idea from. It was a random timer ever 3-8 hours a pvp event would start. you type [pvpevent to join and the winner got a few tokens. Tokens were like 6k gold and you would get 5-20 tokens depending on how many participants were there. You also got points for winning your matches that went on a seperate pvp board.

If you won round 1 you got 1 point for that. If you won round 2 you got 2 points. So if there was 7 rounds and you won the entire tournament you would get 28 points and 1st place added to your total. If you won 5 rounds but not the entire tournament you would get 15 points.

The board goes strictly off total points but then you can also see how many times someone placed first. Even though this system had its own point system it still used the actual pvp board point system as well so you could gain rank there from the tournaments as well. This made it so the people who would avoid certain people in fear of losing their precious points would be forced to fight others if they wanted to win the tournament.

They also held a Friday Night Fight Night every Friday. The winner would recieve 1 unmodded article of clothing or armor or spell book with any hue they wanted within a spectrum. The item would have FNFN and the date. It was only cosmetic but still valued trophies.
PM me or contact me on discord mortoburger#5040
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
Buying Tailor/Smith resets in bulk.
Bad Religion

Post by Bad Religion »

Heard they did some 1v1 and 2v2s today, nice!
Calvin likes this.
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

Ty Choo is the sky god...
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Vander Nars

Post by Vander Nars »

Only pvp events I ever see are dueling tourneys and while thats great for people who enjoy dueling, it sucks that its like the only pvp event we seem to get while pvm has all kinda crazy good events. id like to see something else, maybe some type of king of the hill or capture the flag. I know we have public harrys rarely but any guild can pop a public harry so thats nothing special.
Loler

Post by Loler »

we have capture the flags and king of the hill tournaments usually right after the duel tourneys or right before. i personally dont f ind the ctfs or koths fun myself so i only attend the tourneys.
PM me or contact me on discord mortoburger#5040
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
Buying Tailor/Smith resets in bulk.
Amish Hammer

Post by Amish Hammer »

I could make you a house maze that is pvp orientated and whomever survives and makes it to the end can get something.
Discord: Amish#1299
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

i just think it's ironic, cos to me pvpers like to destroy, not build. they are complaining that no-one has built anything for them to destroy...

you could make the events yourselves, dont really need gms, just a bit of dedication and co-operation
Vander Nars

Post by Vander Nars »

Calvin wrote:i just think it's ironic, cos to me pvpers like to destroy, not build. they are complaining that no-one has built anything for them to destroy...

you could make the events yourselves, dont really need gms, just a bit of dedication and co-operation
My are you so stupid?
Arden

Post by Arden »

Staged/forced pvp is normally shit pvp.