PVP EVENTS?

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
Calvin

Re: PVP EVENTS?

Post by Calvin »

you need a third objective.

objective 1: survive
objective 2: kill the enemy
objective 3: ???

example: capturing the towns in faction battles
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

Calvin wrote:you need a third objective.

objective 1: survive
objective 2: kill the enemy
objective 3: Get the cookies! Get the bomb!

example: capturing the towns in faction battles
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Loler

Post by Loler »

the long sitting in a single spot twiddling your thumbs is over. thats why factions are dead. no one wants to sit at a sigil for 24 hours guarding it every 3 days waiting to be raided, while the enemy is waiting for you to log off so they can reset the timer on the sigils so you can set prices on towns to -30% or 300%. hell people complain about having to wait 2-8 hours for bosses at htown and xmas town and they can at least get big rewards from those bosses. on here you really gain nothing for controlling sigils. one of the big reasons to control sigils way back in the day was blessed faction armor you had to own a town to make it. pvp was more around towns instead of the gate so using the guards was another reason. and lrc didnt exist so every mage had to stock regs. all 3 of these reasons are almost non existant in this day, at least on this server
PM me or contact me on discord mortoburger#5040
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
Buying Tailor/Smith resets in bulk.
The Silvertiger and Rakka like this.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

they cant give you stuff for winning cos there's not really any competition. you would sit and farm it while keeping everyone out.

i thought maybe faction silver could do something more useful, but then again you would probably just find a way to macro farm it... it's a tricky situation that isn't really winnable because the players dont want to play the game, they want to beat it.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

dont get me wrong, that is a legit way to have fun, its just hard to design for
desalonne

Post by desalonne »

I personally think it would be fun to add a capture the flag aspect to factions....instead of guarding sigils for 24 hours....make it like a weekend capture the flag tourny....every Saturday at 1pm a flag is spawned in a dungeon....You can't recall or gate with the flag.....run the flag back to your respected faction base.....defend it for 5 minutes.....win the event.

Just another thought on a PvP event that can see large PvP. It provides you with choke point fighting/field fighting/objective. And everyone knows when it starts. Throw a gate up at town criers to teleport people to respected dungeon entrances. Easy day.
desalonne

Post by desalonne »

Gives incentive to be in a faction. You could buff war horses and people won't all be riding cu' s. Maybe find another way to make factions enticing enough for this to be an idea. But as of right now you have 4 faction bases that are unused. You can even borrow from vvv. Make town captures like the vvv system. So on and so forth. Easy day. Sigils are out of date but there's so much you can do with the system already in place.
Calvin likes this.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

how you're thinkin along the right lines :)

you've gotta convince them to play along, not force them
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

i think fixing factions would make a huge difference. one big point i think, is that anyone can join a faction, there is no recruiting or being good enough to join, or having to join the weaker side.

i'd probably make a character for factions, i wouldn't expect to achieve much, but would be fun to cruise around with the people that do - you could snowball from that, once you've got people involved

i'd probably make a naked thief ^^
just to troll people lol
desalonne

Post by desalonne »

Well the wonderful thing about facctions is it only adds content to the fight. People can still PvP on reds and kill people in the same factions. It would be beneficial if we could limit stat loss to like 2 minutes instead of 30. I feel like people will be detered by the 30 minute wait time especially considering the fast pace of PvP. So 2 mins works. 2 min stat loss (which is about what it takes to gate out restock rez your mount and return to the fight anyway)
Mr Straitions

Post by Mr Straitions »

As much as i like Desa's faction ideas, they wont happen because staff wants to remain true to OSI ML era. So my suggestion is faction artifacts. Which is indeed osi accurate, just for a slightly different time frame. The artifacts are great and would be more than enough insensitive to join.
The Silvertiger wrote:If it were about kills and not objectives, then the axis won ww2, by a landslide....
Discord: Alter Ego#1069
desalonne

Post by desalonne »

If they wanted that casting would be fixed. Apple's wouldn't have 2 minute timers. There would already be faction items. We wouldn't have trinkets or earrings. There would be no holiday custom events. Poisoning wouldn't be nerfed to shit. Melee dexxers would still be viable. People could still play bush mages/ninjas so on and so forth. Please don't use the excuse they are trying to be era accurate.

Nor did I mention anything that is not available already in this era. I simply implied using the content that is not currently being used and adding a custom event and quality of life changes to make it a viable option.
Loler

Post by Loler »

melee dexers werent viable passed pub 46 because of all the major pvp nerfs. they didnt become viable again til shit like spliter weapon came out and they did all the weapon changes.
PM me or contact me on discord mortoburger#5040
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
Buying Tailor/Smith resets in bulk.
kakel_anders

Post by kakel_anders »

royal kapero2 wrote:Make a PvP town in Occlo. You turn orange (enemy to everyone) in this area, when you die, you will not lose anything, it doesn't leave your corpse and it teleports you to the safe spot, to one of the houses in Occlo, where you can go to vendormall or enter PvP town and fight again, its up to you. and make it free consume. So noobs will practice and soon they will visit Fel spwns, means more fights.

Also make pvp tournaments automatically once per two days (It was on Pandora UO like 7 years ago, before they ruined shard with dumb custom crap, was fun). But allow potions, poison weps, apples, stun, necro spells etc.. People would get minor rewards for winning these, some tokens but since we dont have token system, maybe some gold.

Just some suggestions from top of my head, to draw the ideas.

I remember an event ran by John I believe, the place reflected the old Brit gate, old houses. It was free for all but in teams consisting of 2 or 3 players, it would be fun if you could join it anytime, just like setting a duel but dueling stone must be in Brit gate, so it will be used very often!
This idea is pretty cool this whole "PVP Town". I would deff climb out of my old dusty comfortzone :)
"Commander #1638" on Discord

"Don't say anything bad about someone until you've walked a mile in his shoes. That way, when you say something bad, you're a mile away, and you've got his shoes." - Jack Handey - Deep Thoughts (SNL)
royal kapero2

Post by royal kapero2 »

Thanks pal