Heartwood afk nerf

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
gilgamash

Heartwood afk nerf

Post by gilgamash »

Honestly, isn't this afk gathering in heartwood annoying you? Why isn't something done? Seems like more than a year now that some group or individual just afk gathers resources and completes quests for fletching/tinkering.

I think this is the most stupid way to play an online game and destroy everything that makes it fun.

Would be nice to see staff doing something imho...
thewhitezone

Re: Heartwood afk nerf

Post by thewhitezone »

I don't read any solution...
Mrs Tarded Girl
Discord: rino#7433
hrs024 likes this.
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

gilgamash wrote:Honestly, isn't this afk gathering in heartwood annoying you? Why isn't something done? Seems like more than a year now that some group or individual just afk gathers resources and completes quests for fletching/tinkering.

I think this is the most stupid way to play an online game and destroy everything that makes it fun.

What you are seeing in Heartwood is the result of something that was done

The thread is locked this is a link to the “tweak”

http://www.uogamers.com/community/threa ... ak.564528/

I found this interesting
http://www.uogamers.com/community/threa ... st-4114137

“The chance of getting a runic kit from a fletching bag reward is actually quite high when comparing it to getting runics through the bulk order systems, where you would first have to obtain a rare large order, and many large small orders that fit the large order to complete it. Randomness is equally a factor, even though the reward for a certain bulk order is guaranteed.”
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
Mr Straitions

Post by Mr Straitions »

In reality you're making pennies when doing heartwood. It's for new players starting up. Let them make a few bucks and get up and running. It's not hurting you if new players are grinding for starter gold. This is the tip of the ice burg when it comes to afk gathering and automation.

Vets don't do this. And if they do, they're bad at making gold because there are way better ways to make alot more gold. If heartwood bothers you, I could tell you some stories that would make your blood boil.

Tldr this isn't where you should be focusing nerfs.
The Silvertiger wrote:If it were about kills and not objectives, then the axis won ww2, by a landslide....
Discord: Alter Ego#1069
Atari

Post by Atari »

Place junk in the way of their path and watch the macro come to a screeching halt lmao ( price of saws then skyrockets).. On second thought, don’t do that :lol:
Mr Straitions

Post by Mr Straitions »

Atari wrote:Place junk in the way of their path and watch the macro come to a screeching halt lmao ( price of saws then skyrockets).. On second thought, don’t do that :lol:
Lol, I don't hate the idea of throwing a chest or box down on the rail. If you're not afk then you should have no problem picking it up right?
The Silvertiger wrote:If it were about kills and not objectives, then the axis won ww2, by a landslide....
The Silvertiger and Atari like this.
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

Mr Straitions wrote:
Atari wrote:Place junk in the way of their path and watch the macro come to a screeching halt lmao ( price of saws then skyrockets).. On second thought, don’t do that :lol:
Lol, I don't hate the idea of throwing a chest or box down on the rail. If you're not afk then you should have no problem picking it up right?
Because that was never done before
The script has evolved to include a scavenger if certain players are running Heartwood
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
Mr Straitions

Post by Mr Straitions »

Bama wrote:
Mr Straitions wrote:
Because that was never done before
The script has evolved to include a scavenger if certain players are running Heartwood

Did it also evolve to pick up candeloberas? Because I will fill up boxes and break them on the rail until demise runs out of ingots
Tycho
Demise Staff Member [Retired]

Post by Tycho »

To shed some light and clarity on the subject;

Staff polices Heartwood macroers frequently, (sometimes multiple times an hour) using multiple variables to deter automated exit from the afk check room.

It is very easy to view the entire situation as a problem if you have no interest or need of runic tools from Heartwood. However, runic fletching and carpentry tools are in high demand, and Heartwood is the only source. There are dozens upon dozens of blacksmiths and tailors around Sosaria, so the concentration of people working bulk orders in a single location is very low, despite having very similar populations completing both.(All three being policed equally frequently)

Unattended resource gathering is, always has been and always will be, a BANNABLE offense. And Staff has zero tolerance.

And despite popular perception, a large number of people running Heartwood are actually able to respond when checked. There are the cheaters, no doubt, but they are caught, resources removed, and sentenced to longer and longer jailtimes/bans for their infractions.

UOGamers: Demise Staff work tirelessly to make this Shard a better place for everyone. Please have faith in our dedication to keeping this Shard healthy and alive.

Thank you for your continued support of UOGamers: Demise.
Gamemaster Tycho
UOGamers: Demise - Gamemaster

If you are experiencing game issues please page for a staff member in-game.
Thank you for supporting UOGamers: Demise.

Discord: Game Master Tycho#7241
zzillizz wrote:Tycho is back with a fucking vengeance.
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

Does Demise have an insider trading rule?
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
gilgamash

Post by gilgamash »

Thanks for all the replies, nice to see staff is aware of this!
Tycho likes this.
Bad Religion

Post by Bad Religion »

gilgamash wrote:Honestly, isn't this afk gathering in heartwood annoying you? Why isn't something done? Seems like more than a year now that some group or individual just afk gathers resources and completes quests for fletching/tinkering.

What annoys me is paying double for hw kits than I did a few months ago