uogamers and uogdemise accounts

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
gilgamash

uogamers and uogdemise accounts

Post by gilgamash »

Greetings all, esp. staff!
I have long been playing (and some time ago coding for) uodemise, and my old forum account is still active, iow at
http://www.uogamers.com/community/
all my old posts and PMs are still there.
Is there any chance of transfering/melting those? IMHO it is anyway not really clever to have two forums running...
Best regards,
G.
Bill Door

Re: uogamers and uogdemise accounts

Post by Bill Door »

It's pretty damn confusing to be honest.
Alhimikut

Post by Alhimikut »

Nothing confusing.. the old forum is not used by anyone because its not stable and unmoderated.. this is the up to date forum :)
Legendary Noob

My chars are:
Fermina Daza: Legendary Banksitter
Isabelle Salazar: Noob Sampire
Anti Social: Master of Felucca house hiding
Made In Quebec

Post by Made In Quebec »

Alhimikut wrote:Nothing confusing.. the old forum is not used by anyone because its not stable and unmoderated.. this is the up to date forum :)
The moderators are the staff of this shard.

It's true that the old forums had their fair share of trouble in the last year or so, but I still do believe that it is the rightful place for all of uogamers to post, and exchange.

IMHO Xenforo is a far more performant forum application than phpbb.

I am hoping deep inside that one day everyone returns to the old forums, but I can understand also the convenience of having this one as it is Eos who has full control of it instead of Ryan whom can at some time be mpre difficult to reach.
Tanya

Post by Tanya »

I can't find option to disable hybrid section and see only demise,
and 2 years ago they had a nice black theme that everyone liked, but after the change it became worse.
Now this new grey theme with gray text on grey background even more worse.
IMHO this forum is simple and better and after Eos fixed youtube links it became even better.
Peerless Hunter
Guide to Whammy - viewtopic.php?f=10&t=314
My youtube channel - /watch?v=sx5zGCbILtA
Weekly Bedlam Spawns - viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9131
kakel_anders

Post by kakel_anders »

Made In Quebec wrote:
Alhimikut wrote:Nothing confusing.. the old forum is not used by anyone because its not stable and unmoderated.. this is the up to date forum :)

It's true that the old forums had their fair share of trouble in the last year or so, but I still do believe that it is the rightful place for all of uogamers to post, and exchange.

I am hoping deep inside that one day everyone returns to the old forums, but I can understand also the convenience of having this one as it is Eos who has full control of it instead of Ryan whom can at some time be mpre difficult to reach.
Couldnt agree more, and according to what Ryan has been going on about somwhere in december last year on Discord it still is the official forum.
I like it alot more than this.
"Commander #1638" on Discord

"Don't say anything bad about someone until you've walked a mile in his shoes. That way, when you say something bad, you're a mile away, and you've got his shoes." - Jack Handey - Deep Thoughts (SNL)
april0395

Post by april0395 »

It was down for an entire year, came back up for a couple months, then went back down again for over a month. If it happens again, and these forums aren't around any longer, then what do we do? Open new forums again and start all over.

I'm pretty stubborn. I don't really see any reason to go back to it, except for the publish notes as documentation of changes. Aside from that, I don't care to lose it all. :lol:
Made In Quebec wrote:Some people's pleasure are sticking vegetables up their asses. While it's not my personal cup of tea, they can do as they please, since it's their asshole's and not mine, and I will not judge them.
Tanya and The Silvertiger like this.
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

There are great features to both forums. I prefer the technical aspects of the old forum better, but the style and dependability of these forums trump the technical aspects.
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Loler

Post by Loler »

When ryan disapears for 2 years again I'd rather not have to start over again. The original forums can burn in hell for all i care.
PM me or contact me on discord mortoburger#5040
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
Buying Tailor/Smith resets in bulk.
Vander Nars

Post by Vander Nars »

Made In Quebec wrote:

They dont get to ignore the forum issue for a year and than come back after we have moved on and tell us where "the rightful" place to post is. Noone is going back to the old forums expect the 3 or 4 who dont wanna let it go.
The Silvertiger

While I agree with you and have said similar words to Ryan, fact is that he could demand that Eos shut this forum down and she would have to comply, but if someone made a player owned forum he couldn't stop that. I just don't know who I would trust and that has the developer knowledge for that. For example, mb has done a great job with the discord, but he hasn't been 100% impartial.
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
kakel_anders

Post by kakel_anders »

Vander Nars wrote:
Made In Quebec wrote:

They dont get to ignore the forum issue for a year and than come back after we have moved on and tell us where "the rightful" place to post is. Noone is going back to the old forums expect the 3 or 4 who dont wanna let it go.
Good point, can't argue with that...

"Don't say anything bad about someone until you've walked a mile in his shoes. That way, when you say something bad, you're a mile away, and you've got his shoes." - Jack Handey - Deep Thoughts (SNL)
kakel_anders

Post by kakel_anders »

The Silvertiger wrote:While I agree with you and have said similar words to Ryan, fact is that he could demand that Eos shut this forum down and she would have to comply, but if someone made a player owned forum he couldn't stop that. I just don't know who I would trust and that has the developer knowledge for that. For example, mb has done a great job with the discord, but he hasn't been 100% impartial.
Yes, i suppose he can.
Although with the ever so low influx of new players and the carebear standpoint towards afk farmers of all sorts i have a feeling that wont happen.
I sure as hell wouldn't want to give the community another thing to be upset about...

Also...

Bring permanent CUB ffs.. :)

kakel_anders

Post by kakel_anders »

Looks like they're closing down the new forum on Hybrid and returning to the old one shortly.
http://www.uoghybrid.com/community/view ... f=4&t=1571

Makes me wonder if we are ahead or left behind tbh. (Depending on if it's Ryan thats leading it or not)

Edit -
Considering the "old" forum is not even accessible i'm thinking itäs not so bad after all xD

The Silvertiger

kakel_anders wrote: Considering the "old" forum is not even accessible i'm thinking itäs not so bad after all xD
Haha, this again...
Selling List & Vendor