Fix your fucking server

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
Calvin

Re: Fix your fucking server

Post by Calvin »

ya know what's funny tho, i have a full tower case with the side open right next to me, and sometimes the game does hang. if i try to do loads while it's hanging it can crash.

but when it hangs, i can literally hear my pc doing things next to me, a hard drive spinning up for example. so i know it's nothing to do with the server when it does that. if i couldn't hear it though i would probably think it was the server. i think you have a similar thing, but i think its compounded by the fact your client is less stable
Bad Religion

Post by Bad Religion »

I think you're just trolling now
Tagima

Post by Tagima »

The Silvertiger wrote:On 9/3/2017 7ish pm est [First mention]
Tagima wrote:some people are freezing and need to reconnect
i reported this on the same time the crashs started. Five months later, we continue with the problem.

http://www.uogdemise.com/community/view ... 1&start=15
Bad Religion

Post by Bad Religion »

Tagima wrote:
Tagima wrote:some people are freezing and need to reconnect
i reported this on the same time the crashs started. Five months later, we continue with the problem.

I got you beat by 3 months:
http://www.uogdemise.com/community/view ... ing#p49064
Loler

Post by Loler »

Client erroring is a whole different beast in itself. That usually is your computers own problems. Not running everything in admin, not being fully patched so on and so forth. The freeze lag some people are dealing with is a mixture of personal + server errors. The major problem was the hardware update which probably changed the server from 32 bit to 64 bit. However they never released the details for the hardware update so who knows what they did.
PM me or contact me on discord mortoburger#5040
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
Buying Tailor/Smith resets in bulk.
Calvin likes this.
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

Bad Religion wrote:
Tagima wrote:

I got you beat by 3 months:
http://www.uogdemise.com/community/view ... ing#p49064
I saw your post, but the majority of the people who have issues began at this time, aka the "move"
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

the upgrade coulda been a downgrade.. i mean if they weren't using anywhere near max capacity and the donation store is down? just a possibility
Ajani likes this.
Loler

Post by Loler »

The hardware change was mathematically an upgrade. However it caused problems that ryan refuses to fix for whatever reason. I think he still hates that demise became more popular then hybrid and doesn't want to do anything to help this server.
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

"problems" - i still dont really get what the problem is
"refuses" - could be that he cant identify it, or he cant fix it?

i dunno man, i just dont like that this thread is basically "something is wrong somewhere and im not happy! make me happy!"

it just seems a bit of a harsh request :/

would really help if someone could say exactly what was wrong and how it could be fixed

throwing unsolvable problems out into the world is basically just bitching + blaming people who's fault it's not, and who cant do anything about it...

the only good reply in this thread is when someone suggested hiring a consultant
Loler

Post by Loler »

well if they would say what they changed when the errors started we could tell them exactly what was causing it but they haven't released that information so we are only able to speculate the problems.

there is a problem. the gms know there is a problem. people can't play the game when they freeze lag 15x every time they try to pvp.
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

it never used to be a problem.. you all blame server move, but imo what has changed is now everyone is using UOS and other mods
Last edited by Calvin on February 19th, 2018, 1:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
kakel_anders

Post by kakel_anders »

I almost never crash when using razor instead of UOS.
"Commander #1638" on Discord

"Don't say anything bad about someone until you've walked a mile in his shoes. That way, when you say something bad, you're a mile away, and you've got his shoes." - Jack Handey - Deep Thoughts (SNL)
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

does it not make a difference to the server if we had 100 people sending like 2 commands a second, to 100 people sending 20 commands per second? i woulda thought it would... a lot of computing just happens so fast that humans cant notice it, but when you start using code to interact with code, then the speed matters.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

seriously tho, changing the client is a much much much bigger thing than changing the hardware...
and on top of that, if you count the scripts as part of the client, because basically they are (that's what a client is, a collection of scripts which translate to code), then it's a third party client..

if you're using a third party client and getting crashes, you really cant complain.
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

Just because you don't have a problem doesn't mean there isn't one. You think all these people are just making crap up, or what? Are you really that stupid?
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."