Fix your fucking server

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
Bad Religion

Re: Fix your fucking server

Post by Bad Religion »

Calvin the server does not handle unstable connections as well as it is supposed to. You probably have a pretty good connection so it wont affect you. Anyone that doesnt has huge issues.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

well, it's still cheeky either way ;P
Loler

Post by Loler »

All or you arguing with this moron for whatever reason. He doesn't know shit just leave him be
PM me or contact me on discord mortoburger#5040
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
Buying Tailor/Smith resets in bulk.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

Regular notice: it wasn't the move that caused the issue. It was the upgrade/downgrade/whatever. They didn't move the server until after the problem appeared, thus when they moved the problem persisted. It's all in the shard news: down time thread for those curious.
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Tempest

Post by Tempest »

Like I said - 32-bit to 64-bit.

Worst decision staff ever made.
I T-Bagged Vander's corpse and he came back from the dead and attempted to bite my nutsack.
The Silvertiger

From September 3, 2017.

Topic:Shard Move - Downtime [Complete]

In reference to: many questions/statements regarding the new server location.
Eos wrote:The server will remain in the same location with the same host, we're just switching hardware. :)
Last edited by The Silvertiger on February 15th, 2018, 5:20 am, edited 4 times in total.
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Calvin likes this.
hrs024

Post by hrs024 »

The Silvertiger wrote:
Eos wrote:The server will remain in the same location with the same host, we're just switching hardware. :)
this some joke?
DISCORD NAME hrs024 #0656
The Silvertiger

hrs024 wrote:
The Silvertiger wrote:From September 3, 2017.

Topic:Shard Move - Downtime [Complete]

In reference to: many questions/statements regarding the new server location.
this some joke?[in reference to an unedited version of the Silvertiger+Eos quote.]
Was posted on September 3rd 2017. It most likely is as imposter tempest/Logan/bassmaster says a conversion to 64 bit. Maybe during this staff activity someone tweaked the script reetus states.

From August 21, 2017

In regards to: bug report of 32bit integer limit or something. Basically, mb was going to lose 2 billion gold on a vendor.
Eos wrote:
april0395 wrote: :coffee: Looks like a big gold sink to me
Very tempting answer... :D

It seems like your vendor has already called it quits. Its items can be reclaimed from the house sign. As the held gold is negative, it will not refund you any of that when you reclaim the inventory.

I have added 2 new vendors to refund your balance of 2,319,264,401 (-1,975,702,895) gold before the vendor decayed. The amount is split over them both so as to not cause another unintentional gold sink.

We will fix this from happening in the future, though I doubt this will happen to anyone else anytime soon. There appear to be no other vendors with more than 1 billion gold on them. (Thank heavens!) :P
Last edited by The Silvertiger on February 15th, 2018, 5:28 am, edited 3 times in total.
Selling List & Vendor

hrs024

Post by hrs024 »

ahh so this is when things went to shit
The Silvertiger

On 9/3/2017 7ish pm est [First mention]
Tagima wrote:some people are freezing and need to reconnect
On 9/4/2017
hrs024 wrote:i keep losing conn randomly on different accounts??

hrs024 wrote:ahh so this is when things went to the pot
Yes
Selling List & Vendor

Frasier and hrs024 like this.
hrs024

Post by hrs024 »

RIP
Vitek-

Post by Vitek- »

Maybe some of our donations could go towards hiring a consultant?
Discord: Critical#2911
fish, bass
jaasso

Post by jaasso »

im playing on the shittiest mobile connection from some woods in finland, havent had any issues on demise, using just vanilla client and razor. have played for only a week or so though, but with this setup it seems to work just fine so maybe thatll help find out what the problem is if there is any
Duque

Post by Duque »

yeah for me the server is stable too
"Los que no aprenden de la historia estan condenados a repetirla"
"Who don't learn from history is condemn to repeat it"

Demise' Discord channel
Duque#6737