Fix your fucking server

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
Tagima

Re: Fix your fucking server

Post by Tagima »

Tempest wrote:Crashing every 10 seconds in a PvP scenario in Felucca.

Trammel character is logged in at the same time without any crashes.

Your switch from 32-bit to 64-bit screwed us entirely. You should be ashamed of yourselves - staff.
its really sad, i hope better days in this server :?

no updates
bad commerce
bad events
and this crashs
Tempest likes this.
hrs024

Post by hrs024 »

the events are actually not bad
DISCORD NAME hrs024 #0656
jackie moon2

Post by jackie moon2 »

Hybrid runs fine from what I hear, hybrid is on a different server from what I hear. People hording shit should never amount to more than a little delay on world saves.
jackie moon2

Post by jackie moon2 »

If you want to bitch then take it to the uo gamers demise forums
Tempest

Post by Tempest »

After staff start seeing a noticeable amount of players beginning to sell their items for IRL cash because of the unpleasant-ness of the server and it's stability, maybe staff will buck up and put 2 and 2 together to figure out a game plan to combat this issue.

If staff truly "cared", they would take a poll or attempt to get feed-back from players and analyze the information to make the server a better place for their players.

A good doctor treating a cancer patient doesn't just run a single test, hit a wall, come to a stop and quit treating the patient after a failure. A good doctor with values and care for his patient will do anything in his law-abiding power to fabricate a plan to combat the illness. Doctors run multiple test to find the issue, and when they do pin-point it, they repair or eradicate it.

This server is obviously suffering from some type of malfunction, and all it takes is a few trial and errors to turn this shit-show back into it's previous healthy state.
I T-Bagged Vander's corpse and he came back from the dead and attempted to bite my nutsack.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

dunno what you're on about tbh, i dont crash, occassionally lag, and the community is fine?
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

"If staff truly "cared", they would take a poll or attempt to get feed-back from players and analyze the information to make the server a better place for their players. "

does anyone else get the feeling the words "their players" should be replaced with the word "me"
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

like, seriously, i have the game open for days solid with no crashes, maybe you guys should stop fucking with the graphics, mods, etc.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

Tempest wrote:They updated from 32-bit to 64-bit, in order to have room for all of MB's Gold in his vendors.

So people with a miniscule weak connection will be DCed.

its your fault lol.

either it's mods you've put on, or you just have a shit connection. niether are anything to do with the server.

it runs fine for the majority of people, you need to ask yourself what you are doing differently

if your country has shit internet, write to your government not the runUO staff lolol
(im sure EOS will be happy to run you a cable through to cambodia)

server is fine, your attitude is what needs fixing.
Vander Nars

Post by Vander Nars »

Calvin wrote:
Tempest wrote:They updated from 32-bit to 64-bit, in order to have room for all of MB's Gold in his vendors.

So people with a miniscule weak connection will be DCed.

its your fault lol.

either it's mods you've put on, or you just have a shit connection. niether are anything to do with the server.

it runs fine for the majority of people, you need to ask yourself what you are doing differently

if your country has shit internet, write to your government not the runUO staff lolol
(im sure EOS will be happy to run you a cable through to cambodia)

server is fine, your attitude is what needs fixing.
While I agree logan needs his attitude adjusted I would like to point out that we have had player's test the lagging and dc with clean unmodded clients and had the same issue. Their internet works fine and they didn't have this issue until after the server move, there are just far too many people reporting the same issue since that server move for it to be shitty connections or modded clients.

I get ur not effected by it, nether am I except for maybe once a month I may get hit with the laggin and crashing. When it fist started happening I didnt experience it for a solid month or two and im extremely lucky it rarely ever effects me but their are players who are getting hit with it daily.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

i dont think they should tell you when they move it, and i swear to god, none of you would notice.

i think it's a placebo type thing

just tell people you have moved it... to like... their backyard or something. it's not like people actually understand how it works lol
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

something is wrong, i dont know what.

you did something, i dont know what.

ergo, it's your fault. logic, like a boss.

Reetus

Post by Reetus »

My connection is fine, it started happening to me at a specific time last year, I don't even have the same provider I did then, around October/November or something...

There is code in RunUO that disconnects you if there is too much data pending in the send queue, I think they made some change that makes it more temperamental...

https://github.com/runuo/runuo/blob/5e7 ... te.cs#L657

Code: Select all

} catch ( CapacityExceededException ) {
					Console.WriteLine( "Client: {0}: Too much data pending, disconnecting...", this );
					Dispose( false );
				}
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

"My connection is fine, it started happening to me at a specific time last year, I don't even have the same provider I did then"

... did you just...

"it started happening last year... I don't even have the same provider"
so you're saying it's your new provider?

the code bit is interesting, but if that's kicking in then you have a problem already

you're actually saying it got laggy last year, and it has been laggy on both providers you have tried? where are you in the world? +where is the server? it could be that it was moved to a location further away from you.

but im in the UK, and im pretty sure the server is in america, so i dunno why you guys complain, that is literally the other side of the world.

i have very few connection problems, and a pretty solid ping. i think it is about 150, but not really noticable. what is the ping command again to see it?
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

maybe if you weren't all using scripts which do commands at fractions of a second, you wouldn't care so much that you have a 0.3 second delay

this is the same point i've said a million times, UO is not made for PVP. it can do it, but it's not made for it. the accuracy pvp requires, is not there. that's why we have 300 ping average and 14 fps

you guys are treating it like it's counter strike, and you want 15 ping and 100 fps. well tough. sorry but the game cannot handle your cheats. is it not good enough that you have them? this is like posting on the CS forums and complaining that your aimbot has lag

tbh if you wanna do this seriously, you need a GM sponsored package of recommended and supported mods. (which is basically razor)

actually, ya know, lookin at it, your script is probably too fast for your ping, you are probably spamming the server with commands before the previous ones have gone through, and it's disconnecting you
Last edited by Calvin on February 13th, 2018, 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.