Fix your fucking server

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
kakel_anders

Re: Fix your fucking server

Post by kakel_anders »

Reetus wrote:My connection is fine, it started happening to me at a specific time last year, I don't even have the same provider I did then, around October/November or something...

There is code in RunUO that disconnects you if there is too much data pending in the send queue, I think they made some change that makes it more temperamental...

https://github.com/runuo/runuo/blob/5e7 ... te.cs#L657

Code: Select all

} catch ( CapacityExceededException ) {
					Console.WriteLine( "Client: {0}: Too much data pending, disconnecting...", this );
					Dispose( false );
				}
This + UOSteam with scripts running.
"Commander #1638" on Discord

"Don't say anything bad about someone until you've walked a mile in his shoes. That way, when you say something bad, you're a mile away, and you've got his shoes." - Jack Handey - Deep Thoughts (SNL)
Loler

Post by Loler »

Not everyone is running 3rd party clients or steam. People are crashing with unmodded clients patched in all different versions. People are crashing not using steam. The crashes all started after the server update therefore the main issue is the server update. Not everyone is experiencing the problems which is probably a bigger issue because its harder to pinpoint the reason if not everyone is experiencing the issue.

People were using the same steam/client before the server move started crashing after the server move.

I know you are ignorant as fuck calvin so understand this.

People are crashing because of the server move. That is it. There is no other excuse. The server move is the root of the crashes. Now there is another variable ontop of the server move that is causing the crashes but the main reason the crashes are happening is the server move.

Stop talking about shit you don't know, like you always do. You have no understanding of what is causing the crashes no run ins with the problem people are having and play alone. You are literally just playing devils advocate arguing that there is no issue. I swear if we were in the desert and standing in water you would say it was a mirage. We could be drinking the water and you would still say it was a mirage. Now i know this effect can be caused by a mirage but at the same time you would just argue that it was a mirage even if it wasn't.

Calvin are you a flat earther?
PM me or contact me on discord mortoburger#5040
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
Buying Tailor/Smith resets in bulk.
Bad Religion

Post by Bad Religion »

Is water wet?
Loler

Post by Loler »

Water is not wet.

wet
wet/Submit
adjective
covered or saturated with water or another liquid.
"she followed, slipping on the wet rock"

Water can not be covered in itself as it would then just be water.
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
hrs024 and Bad Religion like this.
royal kapero2

Post by royal kapero2 »

Mathematician,
Philosohper,
Philantropist

The best of best
Thank You Loler
Thanks.

*In danger of retardation*

Calvin will translate above sentences into, Loler is a GM, he knows secrets of common sense. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! *beep* I was kidnapped by aliens because flat earth have supporters around the whole globe.
Tempest

Post by Tempest »

He probably also believes that the flat earth is surrounded by a 150ft tall ice-wall.
I T-Bagged Vander's corpse and he came back from the dead and attempted to bite my nutsack.
Bad Religion

Post by Bad Religion »

We live in the eye of a blue eyed giant named macumber
april0395

Post by april0395 »

Bad Religion wrote:We live in the eye of a blue eyed giant named macumber

Maybe we do.
Made In Quebec wrote:Some people's pleasure are sticking vegetables up their asses. While it's not my personal cup of tea, they can do as they please, since it's their asshole's and not mine, and I will not judge them.
hrs024

Post by hrs024 »

:lol:
DISCORD NAME hrs024 #0656
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

Loler wrote:Not everyone is running 3rd party clients or steam. People are crashing with unmodded clients patched in all different versions. People are crashing not using steam. The crashes all started after the server update therefore the main issue is the server update. Not everyone is experiencing the problems which is probably a bigger issue because its harder to pinpoint the reason if not everyone is experiencing the issue.

People were using the same steam/client before the server move started crashing after the server move.

I know you are ignorant as fuck calvin so understand this.

People are crashing because of the server move. That is it. There is no other excuse. The server move is the root of the crashes. Now there is another variable ontop of the server move that is causing the crashes but the main reason the crashes are happening is the server move.

Stop talking about shit you don't know, like you always do. You have no understanding of what is causing the crashes no run ins with the problem people are having and play alone. You are literally just playing devils advocate arguing that there is no issue. I swear if we were in the desert and standing in water you would say it was a mirage. We could be drinking the water and you would still say it was a mirage. Now i know this effect can be caused by a mirage but at the same time you would just argue that it was a mirage even if it wasn't.

Calvin are you a flat earther?
you know repeating things doesn't make them more true right?

this does not tally with being a flat earther tbh. flat earthers are empiricists, they believe what they can see - like a person that can see a mirage of water.
im a rationalist, the person that says "there is no logical possibility that there is water here, so there isn't" - you are right on that point

but you are mixing the two points of view up?

you can argue anything you want with me, but you need to be consistant. you're contradicting yourself :/
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

Loler wrote:Water is not wet.

wet
wet/Submit
adjective
covered or saturated with water or another liquid.
"she followed, slipping on the wet rock"

Water can not be covered in itself as it would then just be water.
i think you will find that water is in fact saturated with water?

"holding as much water or moisture as can be absorbed; thoroughly soaked."
please, add some water to the water and make it absorb it.

see you are arguing that water is not wet, and i'm wrong? what were you saying about common sense?
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

"The crashes all started after the server update therefore the main issue is the server update."
so you're saying before the update, no-one crashed? ever?

"Not everyone is experiencing the problems"
which means it's probably not the server?

"People were using the same steam/client before the server move started crashing after the server move."
so far this is the only valid point

that's pretty much it, the rest of your post is just pointless drivel.
the first point is questionable. regardless of how many times you repeat it.
the second point works against your argument.
the third point should have been the only thing in your post tbh.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

try a vpn and put your location in the UK or America, see if that helps

+"People are crashing with unmodded clients patched in all different versions"
that's a valid point too

but these 2 valid points:
"People were using the same steam/client before the server move started crashing after the server move."
"People are crashing with unmodded clients patched in all different versions"

do not mean it's the server at all. they do mean it's not steam tho. if they're true.

please try to post clearly, it's hard to pick the useful stuff out of the shit.
Loler

Post by Loler »

You thinking water is wet when in fact the application of water onto an object is what makes it wet. You can't put water on water and it becomes wet. Put water in water its still just water. Put water onto of a counter the counter becomes wet. The fact that you think water is wet shows how much of an idiot you are.

Your own words against you

sat·u·rate
verb
ˈsaCHəˌrāt/Submit
cause (something) to become thoroughly soaked with liquid so that no more can be absorbed.
"the soil is saturated"
synonyms: soak, drench, waterlog, wet through; More
noun

You can keep putting water into water forever notice the definition says until no more can be absorbed.

If you were a rationalist like you say you are (which clearly you aren't) the fact that multiple people started having the same problem at the same time the day of the server move. You would let logic dictate that the server move does have something to do with the problems.

log·ic
ˈläjik/Submit
noun
reasoning conducted or assessed according to strict principles of validity.

Reasoning that the one change that occurred for everyone at the same time caused the problems is the only logical explanation. The server move is the cause of the problem.

I have given multiple reasons of why the server move is causing problems the most likely is the change from 32 bit to 64 bit or a change in the server code.

I didn't contradict myself however you did by saying you are a rationalist. I merely asked if you were a flat earther due to the fact that you are indeed retarded.

I am not saying no one crashed before the server update. I'm saying no one experienced this type of "freeze crash" before the update. A standard crash either puts a disconnect button on your screen or a client error which pops up a gump saying you client errored then when you click it it closes the client and everything else out. The "freeze crash" is a crash where you literally just lock up. You don't get a disconnect option or a client error and to fix this you have to use the log out button or close your client manually and reopen it. I have explained it several times to you already you seem to not fucking understand anything so I explained it again.

I have also already said it was an issue with the server and players computer already. A point I already made. Just because not everyone is experiencing the same problem doesn't mean the problem doesn't originate from the server.

I'm sorry you have an issue following sectioned off thought processes. I understand you are retarded and have an issue comprehending simple ideas. Good luck in the future you clearly don't understand the issue people are having even though it has been clearly explained several times. This is me being done answering your retardation. Good luck with your non bushido pvm dexxer.
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

Loler wrote:You thinking water is wet when in fact the application of water onto an object is what makes it wet. You can't put water on water and it becomes wet.
you dont need to because it's inherantly wet, water is always wet. see i can see what you mean, cos if it's always wet and never dry, then surely it only has one state, and the whole wet/dry dichotomy does not apply.

but i am not using it as a dichotomy, i am using as a word which means "wet
wɛt/Submit
adjective
covered or saturated with water or another liquid."

"Put water onto of a counter the counter becomes wet." see you can debate that because the counter is non-porous.
there may be water on the counter, but is the counter wet? im not sure.

"You can keep putting water into water forever notice the definition says until no more can be absorbed."
lol... you can put salt into water to the point of saturation, and once saturated, the salt will pile up on the bottom of the glass, adding to the volume in the beaker, this is not being absorbed, and is the actual meaning of saturation. the water is not being absorbed it is simply co-existing with the other water. the same as salt added to a saturated salt solution, will not be disolved and absorbed, it will simply co-exist with the solution, and increase the volume. btw i did A level chemistry.

i have also done pure logic at university level when i was doing philosophy (i got 100% ;)). i dont really know where to start with what you said, but if i broke it down into predicate calculus, you would have something along the lines of: for all players there exist some players which have this problem. right, but it would not be 'there exist some players', it would be all players.
i'll come back and edit this a bit more, but i'll move on for now. you should look up first order logic tho:
https://www.cs.colostate.edu/~cs122/Fal ... icates.pdf

"I have given multiple reasons of why the server move is causing problems the most likely is the change from 32 bit to 64 bit or a change in the server code."
but HOW, WHY, you dont seem to care?

"The "freeze crash" is a crash where you literally just lock up. You don't get a disconnect option or a client error and to fix this you have to use the log out button or close your client manually and reopen it."
hmm. so the client is still responsive? seriously, just give me more information, because it's not an issue im having i have no first hand data. it needs to be accurate though. and it needs to not be your conclusions.

can you get a bandwidth monitor? or when it crashes open up dos and check your netstate
Last edited by Calvin on February 21st, 2018, 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.