Extremely lag video

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
Llama Vortex

Extremely lag video

Post by Llama Vortex »

Hello,

Out of the blue my UO started to exibit a very low framerate, even my mouse pointer is laggy and glitchy, is anyone else experiencing the same thing? If that's the case, would you have a fix for it?

What I tried:

Changing my default video card for UO from NVIDIA to regular Intel graphics
Uninstalling UO (also deleting every related data folder from my docs) and reinstalling it from the official website.
Every possible combination from compatibility menu.
Using Razor instead of UO (problem persisted)
Atari likes this.
Atari

Re: Extremely lag video

Post by Atari »

Yup.. even outside the game my mouse pointer was slow. Don’t know how that changed but the mouse is a easy fix in settings. The game has been super laggy for me lately as well. I don’t have a fix for that yet.
hrs024

Post by hrs024 »

the game its self will be extremely laggy and will disconnect you until the owner of the server fixes the issue, the mouse pointer is your computer bro
DISCORD NAME hrs024 #0656
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

i was literally gonna post "oh it's the server" as a joke...

ppl need to learn to use a computer properly...

i get enough of this fixing my mum's laptop -_-'
"it's doing stuff on it's own!"
no, you have done something.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

first, check your processes in task manager and make sure nothing suspicious is running.

are you having problems with any other programs on your computer?

Changing my default video card for UO from NVIDIA to regular Intel graphics - so you have an on board gpu? well it's not your gfx card anyway

Uninstalling UO (also deleting every related data folder from my docs) and reinstalling it from the official website.
Every possible combination from compatibility menu.
Using Razor instead of UO (problem persisted)

^compatibility options are not required, the other 2 options are assuming a fault with your install - in which case it would crash, not just run badly.
Last edited by Calvin on February 21st, 2018, 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bad Religion

Post by Bad Religion »

In this case it is 100% your computer.
Calvin likes this.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

post system spec and OS plx
Llama Vortex

Post by Llama Vortex »

I'm sure it's client sided. The issue is happening when I log into other server as well.
I'm not having trouble with any other program.
Like many notebooks nowadays, mine has 2 GPU"s, the regular Intel one and another a little better from NVIDIA.

Scanned the computer for viruses, fixed register... Still showing the same problem.

Well, first I thought that some windows uptade was causing the trouble, so I posted here hoping to see more people experiencing the same stuff. Since that's not the case, I will continue with a more in-depth analysys, ty.
Haswell

Post by Haswell »

Have you checked mouse options "Run mouse in a separate thread" or something like that?
Llama Vortex

Post by Llama Vortex »

Haswell wrote:Have you checked mouse options "Run mouse in a separate thread" or something like that?
Mouse is running in a separate thread. The issue is somewhat weird, it started completely out of the blue. UO used to run smoothly, but then one day started to execute like a slow motion movie, with a framerate close to 2 frames per second and using a lot of processing power. I'll post a video later to show what it's like.

System specs are fine:
windows 10
i7, 7th generation
16gb of ram.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

it's not overheating is it?

can you see your temperatures? you can see them from your bios on boot if you dont have something to do it from windows. is it constant or sometimes, or does it happen after playing for a while? etc

you could try getting that graphics mod that lets you manually control the frame rate
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

although uo running at 2 frames per second, that actually just sounds like lag?
is your net connection alright? firewall, any proxies, etc

check task manager for what is using your ram and processor power too. you might have temperature stuff in there too on windows 10, i dont know tbh i use 7 cos i pirate loads
ortiz

Post by ortiz »

any other programs running slow? I would check health of HDD
Bama wrote:
Opywang wrote:You have to pertitipate

Is that like Mittittippi
Fuck off

Fallen1

Post by Fallen1 »

This sounds like you have a hidden Trojan virus in your OS. Having to fix your registry is a good sign that you were infected somehow with a malicious virus. I'm not sure if you can, but try and take your system back to before the date you started having issues and work from there. If you can't do that you may have to just wipe and reformat the entire HD back to factory. The only other thing I could suggest is checking for blown out diodes on the motherboard or plug n plays. Having a diode blown can cause some funny things to happen.