What are we to believe.

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
jackie moon2

What are we to believe.

Post by jackie moon2 »

I understand issues dealing with lagg n such can only be fixed by Ryan, but staff hasn't shown me that they are even dealing with issues that are well within their responsibility. If staff will not even update us on or fix issues they are responsible for how are we suppose to believe they are doing everything they can to fix the lagg and disconnects. I remember days when you wanted to page in game it took less than 2 or 3 days to get an answer, and issues seemed to get addressed. Stagnate is the only word that seems fitting. Drain the swamp.
Maloskies

Re: What are we to believe.

Post by Maloskies »

hrs024 and jackie moon2 like this.
Tempest

Post by Tempest »

This server is a cesspool of everything that's bad.

-Players
-Scripts
-Lag
-Mechanics
-Casting
The list goes on and on.

We've done the hard part and found the source of the issue, and staff still refuses to do anything about it. How hard is it to jump back to 32-bit?

It's okay though, staff really seems to care more about MB's gold limitations than the other 75 people experiencing/complaining the/about disconnects/lag.

No wonder why this server has a population of 125 people (on a good day ).
I T-Bagged Vander's corpse and he came back from the dead and attempted to bite my nutsack.
Legacy and hrs024 like this.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

are you guys using 32 bit windows?
Reetus

Post by Reetus »

the 32/64bit isnt it, the server would've already been 64bit, eos just increased the size of the variable that stores the amount of vendor gold from 32 to 64bit.
DG

Post by DG »

No need to push GMs so hard.They have already done a good job for keeping the shard online for decades.
Maybe you guys need to check your local computer and network first,because many ppl didnt come across such DC problems.Try different computers and different VPNs.If the DC problem is still there,its probably a server-side issue.
royal kapero2, Xionu and Alvin like this.
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

Tbh, op, the server is going to be stagnant whether they fix anything or not. Having limited the server to ML osi-like content will keep the server stagnant.

Maybe, it's just me, but I haven't seen Eos in a hot minute. So that is going to be a major factor in bug fixes as she is the main scripter.

Have you, the players, tried riding Ryan about the disconnects? I hear he has a discord.
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Puppetmaster

Post by Puppetmaster »

So ya say server is in US? Just curious where east coast west coast? And when you experience issue is it lag (where screen freezes the client closes and goes to log in screen) or does your client and uos or razor all completely close ?
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

jackie moon2 wrote:I understand issues dealing with lagg n such can only be fixed by Ryan, but staff hasn't shown me that they are even dealing with issues that are well within their responsibility. If staff will not even update us on or fix issues they are responsible for how are we suppose to believe they are doing everything they can to fix the lagg and disconnects. I remember days when you wanted to page in game it took less than 2 or 3 days to get an answer, and issues seemed to get addressed. Stagnate is the only word that seems fitting. Drain the swamp.
Well Jackie up until yesterday we had Dewey and Billy Graham .............now we only have Dewey
But I did find this Jackie

Demise News Network wrote:
I am gross and perverted
I'm obsessed 'n deranged
I have existed for years
But very little has changed
I'm the tool of UO
And industry too
For I am destined to rule
And regulate you

I may be vile and pernicious
But you can't look away
I make you think I'm delicious
With the stuff that I say
I'm the best you can get
Have you guessed me yet?
I'm the slime oozin' out
From your internet

You will obey me while I lead you
And eat the garbage that I feed you
Until the day that we don't need you
Don't go for help . . . no one will heed you
Your mind is totally controlled
It has been stuffed into my mold
And you will do as you are told
Until the rights to you are sold

That's right, folks . . .
Don't touch that modem
Well, I am the slime from your internet
Oozing along on your living room floor

I am the slime from your internet
Can't stop the slime, people, look at me go

Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
jackie moon2 likes this.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

The Silvertiger wrote: Have you, the players, tried riding Ryan about the disconnects? I hear he has a discord.

i think you need to melvin a GM first (can i suggest selene ;) )
thewhitezone

Post by thewhitezone »

i think cub
Mrs Tarded Girl
Discord: rino#7433
Made In Quebec

Post by Made In Quebec »

Before long,

UO as a whole will be gone, and it will become history.

Enjoy it while you can, knicks and scratches ain't that bad. Sooner or later, all of you will go elsewhere, I believe there might be a technological barrier that will cause UO to eventually collapse due to compatibility issues from our computers of the future.

One should not expect a 1997 computer game to keep evolving, and to always be flawless, especially when it's ran by massively underpaid developers.

I believe the end is near, the end of the world is near, prepare yourself my brothers, salvation lies within the bible!
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

doomsayer is possibly the actual oldest profession in the world ;)
it'll end when there's a reason, it wont end just from people leaving

there's always people coming back, new people joining etc. things dont usually fizzle out, tho maybe the fizzling causes an event.
Legacy and jaasso like this.
pegasus321

Post by pegasus321 »

Believe in yourself and anything is possible.
Puppetmaster and Bama like this.
Veteran Noobie

Post by Veteran Noobie »

uogamers DEMISE. has it finally met its demise?!
Always trying to be honest and helpful, if you have a question or need help please do not bother to ask!

Watch me shine, For I have been in darkness for too long.