What are we to believe.

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
Calvin

Re: What are we to believe.

Post by Calvin »

what is dead may never die

demise has always been a kinda undead version of uo, we have all quit the proper game long ago. this is a much more sandbox version of the game.

but because it's free, and because it's sandbox, it will never die unless the server closes. it will just change.
Tempest

Post by Tempest »

Veteran Noobie wrote:uogamers DEMISE. has it finally met its demise?!
I hope so.

I can't wait for the day.
Last edited by Tempest on February 26th, 2018, 5:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
I T-Bagged Vander's corpse and he came back from the dead and attempted to bite my nutsack.
Josh

Post by Josh »

The Silvertiger wrote:Tbh, op, the server is going to be stagnant whether they fix anything or not. Having limited the server to ML osi-like content will keep the server stagnant.

Maybe, it's just me, but I haven't seen Eos in a hot minute. So that is going to be a major factor in bug fixes as she is the main scripter.

Have you, the players, tried riding Ryan about the disconnects? I hear he has a discord.
This server is osi-ML on a surface level but it is pretty far from osi-ml mechanically.
Josh

Post by Josh »

Puppetmaster wrote:So ya say server is in US? Just curious where east coast west coast? And when you experience issue is it lag (where screen freezes the client closes and goes to log in screen) or does your client and uos or razor all completely close ?
East coast.
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

Josh wrote:
The Silvertiger wrote: ML osi-like content.
This server is osi-ML on a surface level but it is pretty far from osi-ml mechanically.
Very few people care about the mechanics. Fixing the mechanics also won't make it any less stagnant over time. Without developing new things the game becomes a never-ending cycle of doing the same stuff over and over again. Yes, fixing the mechanics will give a temporary relief from the symptoms, but until the disease is cured the symptoms will continue to persist.
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Josh

Post by Josh »

The Silvertiger wrote:
Josh wrote:
The Silvertiger wrote: ML osi-like content.
Very few people care about the mechanics. Fixing the mechanics also won't make it any less stagnant over time. Without developing new things the game becomes a never-ending cycle of doing the same stuff over and over again. Yes, fixing the mechanics will give a temporary relief from the symptoms, but until the disease is cured the symptoms will continue to persist.
Nah, a lot of people have quit bc of steam and casting and shit mechanics. A lot of people care about mechanics. Many people play AOS which is the same and they keep going back to those types of servers. The main problems with the server is it’s unstable, terrible mechanics and staff corruption. I could play ML forever, many people could, that’s not the problem.
The Silvertiger

Josh wrote:
The Silvertiger wrote:
Josh wrote:
Nah, a lot of people have quit bc of steam and casting and shit mechanics. A lot of people care about mechanics. Many people play AOS which is the same and they keep going back to those types of servers. The main problems with the server is it’s unstable, terrible mechanics and staff corruption. I could play ML forever, many people could, that’s not the problem.
Aye... That for more than the other two.

You obviously don't belong in this post, though. What you are going on about is not stagnation, which is the op's diagnosis, but other stuff.
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Tempest likes this.
Vander Nars

Post by Vander Nars »

The Silvertiger wrote:
Josh wrote:
The Silvertiger wrote: Very few people care about the mechanics. Fixing the mechanics also won't make it any less stagnant over time. Without developing new things the game becomes a never-ending cycle of doing the same stuff over and over again. Yes, fixing the mechanics will give a temporary relief from the symptoms, but until the disease is cured the symptoms will continue to persist.
Aye... That for more than the other two.

You obviously don't belong in this post, though. What you are going on about is not stagnation, which is the op's diagnosis, but other stuff.
PVMers care about content and stagnation
PVPers care about mechanics and stability
Some people care about both.
The Silvertiger

Vander Nars wrote: PVMers care about content and stagnation
Ok... Interesting addition to the thread...
Selling List & Vendor

Made In Quebec

Post by Made In Quebec »

And, some don't care at all and just do what they can with what they have.
Vander Nars

Post by Vander Nars »

Made In Quebec wrote:
And, some don't care at all and just do what they can with what they have.
Ehh some may care less than others but I dont think their is anyone that truly dont care about a server they actively playing
The Silvertiger

Vander Nars wrote: Ehh, some may care less than others, but I don't think there is anyone that truly doesn't care about a server they're actively playing.
I agree
Selling List & Vendor