Doom Necro/Mage/Tamer

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
Locus

Doom Necro/Mage/Tamer

Post by Locus »

Hi!
So, i have this template for a necro/mage/tamer for doom only:

Animal Lore 110
Animal Taming 110
Veterinary 100
Magery 100
Eval 100
Necro 100
Spirit Speak 100

The idea is for the pet to tank while i keep casting damage spells while in wraith form, all i want is to get the looting rights, last time i went with a discordance tamer i couldn't get the looting rights a few times so i want to try this build.
I saw someone a while ago with a char that worked like this but i don't know if its better then a disco tamer.
Any thoughts on that? I'm currently using a cu sidhe, maybe i should change it for a GDrag..
zzillizz

Re: Doom Necro/Mage/Tamer

Post by zzillizz »

Always use cu, gd is too slow. make sure you have demon and undead slayers. Could lower taming/lore a bit for a cu. Drop vet to 80-90, wear necro bracers. Shoot for 110 eval and magery at least. Eval more damage, magery will help heal cu and when more than one mob prevent you from failing meteor swarm and chain lightning.
LEAD

Post by LEAD »

Min max for taming ibthink 96% or sonthin for GD is 105 tame,114 lore... 91 vet i think is rezable...takes a few tries..but still gets it dont... but yes try to stack as much skill points on ring/jewel so it helps... this is jus my 2 cents...good luck
hrs024 likes this.
hrs024

Post by hrs024 »

81 vet is rez i think, but very low? and taming/lore you dont need more than 105/105 for enough control to manage between other skills
DISCORD NAME hrs024 #0656
april0395

Post by april0395 »

80 vet is the bare minimum for res, because that's what I use on one of my characters. It takes her a while to get a pet up usually.
Made In Quebec wrote:Some people's pleasure are sticking vegetables up their asses. While it's not my personal cup of tea, they can do as they please, since it's their asshole's and not mine, and I will not judge them.
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

There's a trick though: carry vet jewels with you. Can get +30 vet off jewels, so equip those when you are attempting to res your pet(s) and run whatever is normal when not. I think if you wanted to go over the top, you could also use a fishing pole for up to 45 total vet.
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Locus

Post by Locus »

I'm thinking of dropping necro a bit for the eval and magery, i would only be using it for wraith form and corpse skin i believe....
kobra

Post by kobra »

You need 90 Vet for 100% cure your pet and 60 Nec for 100% corpse skin, i think you should rise your eval, ss / magery.
Your disco tamer may get looting rights try Hell Hounds, they may have low hp but they are strong because of Pack Instinct ;)
Last edited by kobra on March 12th, 2018, 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Instigator

Post by The Instigator »

whats the minimum lore/taming to control a Cu reliably, I forget =[
ahoy.
Loler

Post by Loler »

60 necro is all you need for 100% chance at wraith form and corpse skin.

my template was
60 necro
115 spirit
115 eval
106.1 magery (minimum to cast flame strike 100%)
101.1 taming
110 lore
112.8 vet.

using cusidhe.

You could also run this character on a seperate account and swap suits between the two characters if there is a tank down there but not a discorder.

120 discord
120 music
100 necro
115 eval
115 magery
115 spirit

room left over on the second template and you can + skill items for both templates for more skill.
PM me or contact me on discord mortoburger#5040
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
Buying Tailor/Smith resets in bulk.
kobra and The Silvertiger like this.
Loler

Post by Loler »

120 discord
120 music
0 necro
115 eval
91.5 magery
101.1tame
107.4lore
65 spirit

This would probably require a really decent luck suit to use. 36+ lmc possibly some skill bonus to get your spiritspeak higher so you can leech better.

You also have to use scrolls or + skill items to get into wraith form. And need to be human so you can stay in wraith form.

If you do this setup i recommend having another character with vet down in gauntlet to rez your pet incase it dies.

91.5 magery is the minimum to cast lvl 6 spells at 100% so for dark father you could ebolt spam him meaning you are losing damage from flame strike corpse skin if there is a necro down there corpsing it but since you dont have the required necro to corpse ebolt will do about the same dps if no one is corpsing dark father.

Control chance with this setup on your cusidhe is 88% which is decent enough just remember to feed your pet if you fail to control it 2-3x in a row.
PM me or contact me on discord mortoburger#5040
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
Buying Tailor/Smith resets in bulk.
Chacal

Post by Chacal »

My favourite and main char has these skills (with bonus from some items):

115 Animal Lore
105 Animal Taming
120 Evaluating Intelligence
100 Inscription
120 Magery
60 Necromancy
120 Spirit Speak

I use a cu sidhe and my character is focused on SDI - I use slayer spellbooks too. With high SDI and a slayer spellbook bonus it's a satisfying amount of damage you can do. The idea of the pet is more about don't get hurt and tank then count with its damage to kill mobs. Also, this way you can easily solo and do all the rooms alone, cause in wraith form with this considerable damage you 're full mana all the time and can easily heal your pet with magery: wraith form, lot's of fireballs after corpse skin, keep your pet alive with gheal, and you can do all the way - just pay attention to what is most effective for every room. Also I have 720 luck right now just to have the minimum bonus kill points (x2). A nice thing of this character is that you don't need to worry about resources or durability, the only thing I bring with it is another character with vet to heal my pet in case it dies. With your vet companion you can basicaly stay in gauntlet forever. It's an easy and simple character to play with - in my case I'm just beeing noob and doing shit sometimes 'cause I left for more then a year and still didn't get used to hotkeys again lol. You can also have some soulstones to turn it into a necromage for champs in case you wanna see some sunlight.

Now, this character was somehow different in the beggining, I made it with discordance for bonus damage but in my opinion you get easily frustrated with the fails of discord in the middle of a fight with sampires that will probably destroy the enemy before you try to discord again - the wise Indika said me discordance could be frustrating even before I tried it, but I was stubborn enough to felt the bitter of the thing in the practice myself. I think disco can be good if you'll be focused on pet attacks, like hounds - otherwise I don't think it's a good choice. By the way, to go by that path you have no choice but 120 disco. As you can see, I particulaly don't like this template, but you can always find demoralizers down there, which means it can be something about preference too.

You 'll notice that you will need a somehow good gear to match minimum luck, high SDI, full lrc, minimum fc/fcr, etc. But considering other templates like sampires, its not that expansive.
By the way, talking about sampires, I think those are the finnest templates for gauntlet, some legends around here do a ridiculous amount of damage with those and I don't think anything can match it. Talking as myself, I had a sampire in the past but I can honestly say I started to feel bored with it. Some friends think there's nothing funnier than one, and even been such an effective and polished template I discovered that I enjoy the old necromage most. What I'm trying to say is that you should care about what you like to do in balance of effectiveness. Try to catch what is the best possibility inside what you think is nice and try it. Hope I have helped somehow, cheers.
Chacal #5588
elder rigmarole philosopher