Stupid question about -mage skill weapons

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
userxx

Stupid question about -mage skill weapons

Post by userxx »

What is the value of having one and why are they used in pvp? I see pc on one that is sc no neg -23 magery that is sought after but i don't know why.

Thanks in advance
Hiawatha

Re: Stupid question about -mage skill weapons

Post by Hiawatha »

Because you have 120 weapon skill (magery) with 90 tactic and you’re now able to use things like mortal strike and poisoning or concussion blow. That skill is made up with other items. Very effective in securing the kill.
ortiz

Post by ortiz »

Hiawatha wrote:Because you have 120 weapon skill (magery) with 90 tactic and you’re now able to use things like mortal strike and poisoning or concussion blow. That skill is made up with other items. Very effective in securing the kill.
No. When you equip a mage weapon it turns your magery skill into a defensive skill. If you have 120 magery and equip a -20 mage weapon you now have 100 defensive combat skill. Negating the - magery skill from the weapon with jewels allows you to have 120 magery/defensive skill, giving you a free 120 skill points.
Bama wrote:
Opywang wrote:You have to pertitipate

Is that like Mittittippi
Fuck off

Calvin likes this.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

yeah it's all about saving the skill points and still having a wep skill for dodge/parry chance

it's purely defensive, but with +20 magery jewels you can be 120 wep skill and magery still. the high value ones have more defensive stuff on them like dci

sc, fc, mage wep, dci - is good 4 mod role
cos you dont need di it doesn't need to be crafted too, so you can get 5 mod ones
userxx

Post by userxx »

Thanks guys. Makes sense now. I Don't pvp
kentares likes this.
hrs024

Post by hrs024 »

ortiz wrote:
Hiawatha wrote:Because you have 120 weapon skill (magery) with 90 tactic and you’re now able to use things like mortal strike and poisoning or concussion blow. That skill is made up with other items. Very effective in securing the kill.
No. When you equip a mage weapon it turns your magery skill into a defensive skill. If you have 120 magery and equip a -20 mage weapon you now have 100 defensive combat skill. Negating the - magery skill from the weapon with jewels allows you to have 120 magery/defensive skill, giving you a free 120 skill points.
i dont understand your analogy, isnt it more beneficial to just have a sc no pen and no -mage? im not understandin the benefit of a -mae wep
DISCORD NAME hrs024 #0656
ortiz

Post by ortiz »

hrs024 wrote:
ortiz wrote:
i dont understand your analogy, isnt it more beneficial to just have a sc no pen and no -mage? im not understandin the benefit of a -mae wep
I think you are trolling, but i'll bite. If you have a weapon in your hand but dont have the proper weapon skill for said weapon then you get 0 benefit from it. If it is a mage weapon and you have magery it turns your mage skill into a defensive weapon skill(you cant use specials).
Bama wrote:
Opywang wrote:You have to pertitipate

Is that like Mittittippi
Fuck off

hrs024 likes this.
hrs024

Post by hrs024 »

please just humor me cause i really dont get it lol, so if you have a mage wep aka staff of the mai, withh no -mage, you et benefit of maeg bein defense weapon skill withh extra bonus considerin you arent -mage, im no troll, it confuses me i neber used -mae weps cept to train maeg
hrs024

Post by hrs024 »

my g and h key r broken lol
madwhite likes this.
Bng

Post by Bng »

Aylith,Arkus,Eyriae
Discord: Szarlot#0093
Hiawatha

Post by Hiawatha »

I coulda swore you could use specials back On Osi. Haven’t tried it here. I know it drips magery by the amount that’s why I alluded to the fact you can make that up with items jewels.
MMMartin

Post by MMMartin »

well, you still can use ninja DS with weapon, if can ge weapon

SC-0, mage weap -20, HCI 15 and 50 hit light [bonus DCI 15] you will be king xD
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

that's a bit OP, and opens up a lot of possibilities

(that you can use specials that require ninja/bushido without needing the wep skill)